Quick first time trip!

nanni

Mouseketeer
I am unexpectedly going to be in the area for work next week and I think I can go a day early to visit Disneyland. I've been to DW 3 times, but never DL and am excited to get there, but I gather things are set up a bit differently so I have a few questions.

1. How regular is the transportation to the airport? I suspect I'll have to get back to the airport to transfer to my work hotel but would like to stay at the park until closing. Can I still get to the airport then?

2. Is the dining plan worth it? I'll probably have one sit down meal a day, but don't necessarily need character ones (unless it's really a restaurant I shouldn't miss). I usually get the dining plan at WDW but I stay there longer and I haven't had time to research how the DL one works. I don't eat huge quantities of food but am okay with buffets if the atmosphere makes it worth the cost.

3. Debating staying Paradise Pier or across the street at the Fairfield Inn. Onsite is more expensive, but I can cover that cost if it's really worthwhile. But if the experience isn't that much different, I'd just assume save money and spend it on food or something.

1. How regular is the transportation to the airport? I suspect I'll have to get back to the airport to transfer to my work hotel but would like to stay at the park until closing. Can I still get to the airport then?
If you use a taxi they will be available when the park closes. Worst case is you could call one. But I have never had to.

2. Is the dining plan worth it? I'll probably have one sit down meal a day, but don't necessarily need character ones (unless it's really a restaurant I shouldn't miss). I usually get the dining plan at WDW but I stay there longer and I haven't had time to research how the DL one works. I don't eat huge quantities of food but am okay with buffets if the atmosphere makes it worth the cost.
Not worth it. It is different from WDW and really just vouchers. Cash works better.

3. Debating staying Paradise Pier or across the street at the Fairfield Inn. Onsite is more expensive, but I can cover that cost if it's really worthwhile. But if the experience isn't that much different, I'd just assume save money and spend it on food or something.
An easy answer is it is not nearly as worth it at DLR as it is at WDW. Perks are less at DLR and offsite distances to pakrs are similar to onsite (depending where you stay, but the FF is close).

FWIW, there are many dual WDW/DLR vets who only stay onsite at WDW but happily stay off at DLR.

I would make the decision based on how much you value a more Disney feeling 24 hours a day. Note that the offsite hotels are not "un-Disney". The Fairfield is across the street and you can see the parks from the hotel. It is just not as Disney as PPH.

When I was younger and finances were tighter we typically stayed offsite. Now things are not as tight in our family and we opt for GCH as often as possible. It really depends on much you trade off money vs. time and immersed feeling.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter