Questions on my fall cruise??

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
A couple of questions:

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. Last time the kids were 4 & 7. This time they will be 6 & 9.

First, the oceaneers lab. How seperated are the 8 & 9's from the 10-12's? My daughter will be less than a month from 10 at this time and we don't know whether to put her in 8 & 9's or 10-12's. Where would she be most happy? She is a pretty mature gal. Also, would she have to pick a group up front or could she go with one or the other depending on activities and friends she makes?

Second question....the mugs. Are the refillable mugs only for soda? Is there a Hi-C option or bottled water option? The 6 yr old just doesn't do soda.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but those 2 will start me off. Thanks to all!

Hi Sonya! The 8-9s are pretty separate from the 10-12s so you should decide up front where you want to go. My 8-year-old DD was very happy with the 8-9 program. They MAY let yours go up to the older group but they won't let her switch around, it's too confusing. I think she should try the 8-9 program first and if she's absolutely unhappy (not likely) then try and switch.

The refillable mugs are for soda only, unfortunately. My daughter doesn't drink soda at all so we never bother with them.

Have a great cruise! :)

My dd(9) feels that she would much prefer the 10-12 group so we may let her go for that. I understand you can go up a group if you are within one month of the age group which she will be.

Also, here's a new question. We just recently became aware of the whole pin trading thing. DD and DS(6) each have a lanyard with about 6 pins and DH has a hat with about the same. We are certainly not big time traders but the kids thought it was fun to go up to the cast members around the park and trade pins with them. Do the cast members on the ship wear lanyards with pins for trading?

Another question. The water at the beverage station on deck 9, is it drinkable? Since DS doesn't do soda this will be the option for him.

Also, do they have a Hi-C type of drink choice in the dining rooms with meals or is it soda or milk only.

I guess I added more than one question here. Thanks for the info!

We drink nothing but bottled water at home and are picky about our water. That said, the water at the beverage station is as good as you could get anywhere. Bring a plastic sipper water bottle and keep it filled. Hope your trip is the best.

You may want to bring some HiC powdered drink mix from home. Mix it by the cup using the water from the deck#9 beverage station.
:)

Wovenwonder: What a good idea! What a simple solution to what I was thinking was a difficult problem. He actually does like water but mixing up some gatorade or hi-c is a GREAT idea! I can't believe I didn't think of it myself.

Thanks!

Ok, now that the drink problem is solved....what about the pin trading. I'm just talking about the casual trading the kids can do with CMs in the theme parks. Do the CMs on board wear lanyards to trade pins too? We are very minor pin people but the kids think it is fun to walk up to a CM and say "I want THAT pin and here's what you I will give you in exchange!" They would get greatly taken advantage of with real collectors I'm sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter