Questions on Insurance Coverage

BWVPam

Loves being at WDW!
I am trying to decide on purchasing Disney's cruise insurance or the one that was offered to my through Costco (LesiureCare). I have an old booklet from Disney when we cruised in 2000. Disney's cost for 2 adults/2 kids is $318 and the one through Leisure Care is $196. Disney's coverages are higher ($30k vs. 15K on Emergency Medical Transport., 3K on baggage coverage vs. 1K, etc.)

I hate the thought of spending over $300 on insurance, does anyone else have any recommendations or what are your thoughts. Has anyone had to use the Disney insurance and did they give you any problems. We cruise in May, so I have to make final payment by March. Thanks for any input.

Pam

CSA does seem to have good coverage provisions, but I have been told that their pre-existing condition exclusion is more stringent than others (this is 3rd-hand, since my asthmatic friend was warned by another that if someone has their maintenance medication adjusted in any way during the 6 months prior to the cruise, they would be disqualified).

Any correction or clearing up of this is welcome!

I questioned this myself when we called them-they have a different plan a pre-existing problem would fall under-which isn't much more-however, it may depend one how major the pre-existing thing is whether you can be covered or not-it won't hurt to give them a call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter