Questions, been away a while

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
Please excuse me if my questions have been answered in other threads....I did some searching but after a while it gets pretty overwhelming!

We are Disney regulars but haven't gone since 2011....last year was a Disney break for us so we could visit family in Hawaii. My kids are older now, ages 14 and 12 and we plan to experience some things this time around that we have skipped in the past like the water parks, Disney Quest, that new bowling alley etc...

Returning to the boards before each trip, I try to get a refresher about what is new and what changes there are at WDW while I await a possible PIN for late June.

My biggest question is about this wristband business. Has that been officially started at the resorts? We will be at CBR. How does that work? Is it only for charging privileges or is it the only way you can do FP? Has anyone used it yet.....how did you like it?

My other question is....because my kids are both pretty hefty eaters, especially on vacation....we are considering doing a dining plan this year. We never have in the past. If a promo comes out for free dining with a resort stay....which dining plan does that normally include? I would prefer the deluxe one for us. (The one with 3 meals and 2 snacks) If it is just the basic that is included, do they allow you to pay extra for the deluxe?

I also noticed that the Disney magic your way packages now include 2 passes to Disney Quest. Is this a new perk?

Wow so many questions for someone who's been to Disney going on 8 times! Thanks so much in advance.

As of now, no resorts are using the wristbands yet. CBR is almost done installing the RFID locks. So right now your KTTW card will be RFID capable.

A trusted insider source on the discount boards has indicated Free Dining, if offered at all, will be different. No values will be included and moderates/deluxes will only have Quick Service.

Please excuse me if my questions have been answered in other threads....I did some searching but after a while it gets pretty overwhelming!

We are Disney regulars but haven't gone since 2011....last year was a Disney break for us so we could visit family in Hawaii. My kids are older now, ages 14 and 12 and we plan to experience some things this time around that we have skipped in the past like the water parks, Disney Quest, that new bowling alley etc...

Returning to the boards before each trip, I try to get a refresher about what is new and what changes there are at WDW while I await a possible PIN for late June.

My biggest question is about this wristband business. Has that been officially started at the resorts? We will be at CBR. How does that work? Is it only for charging privileges or is it the only way you can do FP? Has anyone used it yet.....how did you like it? Nothing official yet, just some basic info on Fastpass + and using the wristbands. YC had the RFID locks when we were there in Aug 2012, you just put your Key to the world key up to the lock and it opens. It was quite slick!

My other question is....because my kids are both pretty hefty eaters, especially on vacation....we are considering doing a dining plan this year. We never have in the past. If a promo comes out for free dining with a resort stay....which dining plan does that normally include? I would prefer the deluxe one for us. (The one with 3 meals and 2 snacks) If it is just the basic that is included, do they allow you to pay extra for the deluxe? This will be our 1st time using the dining plan as well, my teens eat a ton! It will be interesting to see how/if they offer free dining in 2013

I also noticed that the Disney magic your way packages now include 2 passes to Disney Quest. Is this a new perk?I noticed this too on my confirmation e-mail. I have not gotten a package since 2010, but it was not part of our 2010 package.

Wow so many questions for someone who's been to Disney going on 8 times! Thanks so much in advance.

It's hard to keep up with everything, Disney changes and evolves. I am interested to see when the new FP+ is put into action. I am not sure it will work for our family, as we park hop every day. But I am waiting to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter