Questions about the Boardwalk

hygienejean

Diser since 2002!
My family and I will be staying at the BWV in early May next year. Where is the walkway to Epcot located? Is it on the Inn or the Villa side? Or the middle? How about the walkway to MGM? Is it a hike to get to different places in the resort? I heard there is only one bank of elevators...Where is a good place to request a room? We did request a Boardwalk view. Any help is certainly appreciated!!!!
Jean:cool:

Epcot is toward the inn side. There are very few rooms with a Boardwalk view, I was told the generally go to DVC members who reserve 11 months out.

I was able to rent points from a DVC member....she requested the view.....I hope it works out!
P.S. What a great way to save money on Disney resorts! By renting we got a studio (preferred view) for $130 a night! Regularly $329!
Jean:Pinkbounc

The walkway to MGM is at the side near Jellyrolls(not sure it thats the Inn or not). Just go to the end of the buildings and around the corner, sort of in back. You will see the different signs there and one of them says MGM. It was a nice quiet walk along the water.

The walkway to EPCOT is on the Inn side of the resort. Just head to the ESPN club, follow the path and bear to the right, instead of heading around the lake.

The walkway to MGM is on the Villa side. You could walk around Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Club, but it is much quicker to cut through Luna Park (Pool) to access the walkway. It runs next to the canal, under the roadway (very well lit at night) and right to MGM. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes depending on where you start and how fast you walk.

You are correct about one back of elevators. They are located near the lobby. It can be quick a walk from the elevators to the room, but I don't think it is a bad as some people say. You will walk alot further when you are at the parks.

I would recommend learning the location of the stairways, since you can often save yourself from having to go though the lobby.

You will be very, very happy with your stay at BWV. It is a great resort!

You will love the boardwalk. Epcot is just a short (5 min) walk near the ESPN club. A great leisurely walk--and in the evening, we would go over to one of the countries for dinner. We loved it there. Have a great time.

We are DVCers at the BWV and it is an awesome resort.....Both walks are enjoyable...Epcot about 5 mins and MGM is closer to 11 mins.... BW puts you right in the middle....

If you requested a Boardwalk view you may or may not get it....preferred view has other options like the Pool.....We had a boardwalk view once and found it was fairly loud....My favorite views seem to be the parking lot.....quiet and you get ducks and the pond....

Enjoy your stay...

Yikes I hope it isn't too loud...my kids will be almost 3 and 11 months!!! Maybe I should ask for a pool view instead?
Jean:)

No matter which view you get ... Boardwalk is AWESOME !! The stays I have had on the Villa side of the resort were on the backside overlooking the quiet pool, the waterway to MGM and best of all the Swan/Dolphin complex, which twinkles with all their lights and fountains at night. Many people have posted on these boards that if you do have a Boardwalk view just shut your doors and you really won't hear anything. We have requested the Boardwalk view for our upcoming trip and I will post when I get back if there is a lot of noise. What a great resort to stay at with your little ones!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the noise. I've had Boardwalk view rooms a few times and with the doors closed to the balcony it was fine.

Actually one of the best rooms we had at the BWV was a "standard" view. It was at the very end of the building, and overlooked the canals and parking lots, and part of Epcot. What was so great about it was that at night, we had a wonderful view of the Epcot Fireworks and the Fireworks from Fantasmic over at MGM!! Plus it was larger than the standard 1 BR because it was an "end" room. It was a hike to the elevators, but then we found the stairs. The room number was 3124.

But where ever you are, have a wonderful time....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter