Question re: Children's CS Meals

LoriLea

Mouseketeer
Could someone please tell me if the applesauce or grapes that are included in most of the children's CS meal selections are considered 'dessert'. Not a big deal if it is - was planning on sharing my dessert with DD. Just wondered if she could get her own.

No it is not considered a dessert, it is part of the meal and you get to choose a dessert, so you get both fruit and dessert :thumbsup2

From what I've read, the grapes are a side in the child's meal and not the dessert - (a substitution for the french fries is what they really are).

There are even meals that the menu lists the kids plate with jello or a cookie and you still get to order a desert.

beth_cam said:
There are even meals that the menu lists the kids plate with jello or a cookie and you still get to order a dessert.

Oooh, double desserts! I think my kids would order the liver and onions kids meal if they knew it came with jello or a cookie AND a dessert!

This really depends. At most CS places, the kids get an applesauce or fruit as part of their meal. However, at a few, we opted for a regular order of fruit (which many CS places have) in place of dessert. For instance, the temporary location of Captain Cook's at the Polynesian gave us pineapple or grapes as a dessert if we wanted. But the kids also got applesauce with their meals there too. It's more of an option for you if you prefer for the kids to have fruit.

We also did it at Tusker House. I got in place of real dessert some cups of grapes. The kids had as their sides Mickey cheddar crackers and applesauce, and could have had chocolate cake as dessert but we opted for the grapes instead.

Really, we just got tired of so much dessert, and the CS dessert options are often (depending on the location) really prepackaged and mediocre.

We just got back (Aug 6-10) and it depended which CS location. My grandson is 3 years old and we had two CS lunches in MK. At Columbia Harbor House they included the dessert as his dessert. At Pecos Bills they said that the applesauce was meant to be his dessert and wouldn't give him a different one...no problem...we just shared with him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter