Question on splitting stay and DDP

Coloradomom

Mouseketeer
We will be spending 10 days at SSR in the fall. We love the dining plan but for 10 days it is just too much food for us two. Is there any way we can break our reservations into 4 days and 6 days and do the dining plan on the 6 day segment? I do niot mind having to go down and check in/out but we do not want to have to change rooms.
I know when we did part trip on cash and part on points we did not have to change rooms but this is all on points.

Any insight is appreciated.

We did a spit stay. It had more to do with 11 and 7 month booking than the DDP. Nevertheless we only opted for the DDP for part of the stay. We understood that we could have to change rooms. However, we were told at check-in that the reservations had been put together. Nothing else was needed. We did the DDP at the beginning of our stay. They reminded us to use all the credits before midnight the last day of DDP not check-out. Hope this helps. Enjoy your vacation!!

Sorry...the answer is no...it is all or nothing if you do one stay...Doing a split stay sounds like a lot of work considering you might have to move rooms...It is not for sure that you would get the same room twice as strange as that sounds...

We have found the basic plan to be a perfect amount of food for us...Now that there is no appetizer on the TS...

You could consider doing a couple of 2 credit meals to avoid many sit-down meals and split your CS meals between two meals on the days you do not have a TS meal planned...

Remember you can make a nice breakfast out of a couple of snacks too...Like fruit and a muffin...Or a bagel and drink...Something like that.

You could do this if you have two separate reservations for your stay. But if the 10 day stay is all one the DDP would be attached to that full stay.

We were told it had to be two separate reservations and that you ask MS NOT to link them.

It could mean moving rooms but that it had to go in that way. Once at the resort, you can always ask to be kept in the same room but its not guaranteed.

It sounds like some have done it successfully without moving. I would decide how important not moving is vs. getting the DDP.

Personally, I would risk the move as we don't like that many TS meals during our trip and will always do split stays for this reason.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter