• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question on CS plan

MSUjd

Earning My Ears
We are going for our first time in April. Have been browsing some menus and noticed out beside some of the "sides" there is the purple logo (dining plan logo?) and then by drinks and dessert also. Does this mean you get to choose from all of these......say, a cheeseburger, then move on to sides and pick, then drink, then dessert?

But on quick service, it comes with a drink and dessert right?
Yes. You get your entree, a drink, and your dessert. Sometimes the food courts at the resort will let you get items for your dessert that are not necessarily considered a dessert but you can't on that.

you will find that most places, they have choices of a "meal"...like at Cosmic Ray's at Magic Kingdom, there's a BBQ Ribs meal that comes with Ribs, mashed potatoes, green bean & a beverage...and you choose the dessert (prepacked little cups...a carrot cake one or a double chocolate cake one for example) You don't pick the sides on the meals. They come with the sides listed with the meal. Or at Pecos Bills, there's a taco salad...if you order that as your dining plan meal, that's all you get...the taco salad, a beverage and your choice of which prepackaged dessert you want...and of course there's the "fixin's bar" where you can add toppings like chopped onions, , chopped tomatoes, cheese sauce, etc. But with the taco salad you don't get any additional sides like french fries (the entree is considered an all-inclusive entree since it comes with a starch--the taco shell bowl--and the taco meat--and the lettuce salad...so it's like the sides are built into the entree.)

-OR- you can order a burger meal that comes with fries and beverage...again, choosing the dessert from the prepackaged choices.

At resort counter service many of the options are also a "meal" with set components, like a meatloaf meal or a fried chicken meal. Sometimes you are allowed to substitute similar sides from one meal to another...like say the meatloaf comes with green beans and the chicken comes with corn. You can ask if they'll let you have the corn instead of green beans with your meatloaf. I've heard people get told yes they can...and no they can't.

AS for the logo sign, that can be tricky. Usually at the counter service they are designating items you can get for a snack credit...so like the hot dog would not have the dining plan logo, but the carrot cake would. Now you CAN get the hot dog as the entree on the dining plan, but not for a snack credit. So you could get the hot dog, and a bag of chips, with a soda and a prepackaged dessert cup as your dining plan meal. Or you could get a soda as a snack credit, or a bag of chips as a snack credit, or a prepackaged dessert cup as a snack credit (all will have the DP purple logo)

Clear as mud, right :rotfl2: When in doubt, just ask the server behind the counter, or the person at the cash register...they are all familiar with what's allowed. And it can vary from one restaurant to another.

Wow....this is a lot for a rookie to remember!! lol....i chose the cs plan because i have a 5 and 3 year old who wont be patient enough to wait on table service meals....but i would like to eat at some cs places that have nice meals, not just burgers and hot dogs.....any suggestions?

I am not sure about kids meals. But WPE in DTD is a great CS value for adults. BoG is a new CS that offers differant kids choices. My DS has not been a kid for a long time but still chooses a hot dog for lunch! :confused3 I don't have kids anymore but this is what we have tried!
Tortuga in MK has cheese quesadillas on the kids menu, DDIL likes them! And there is a toppings bar to dress them up some! Backlot in Studios has some macaroni and meat sauce that we tried once. It was ok. Electric umbrella in EPCOT has a 1/2 flatbread thing that she ordered last trip and she liked it but it took forever!

Wow....this is a lot for a rookie to remember!! lol....i chose the cs plan because i have a 5 and 3 year old who wont be patient enough to wait on table service meals....but i would like to eat at some cs places that have nice meals, not just burgers and hot dogs.....any suggestions?

The menus on Allears.com say whether the restaurant is TS or CS. There are lots of options beside fries and burgers. Here is the site:
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

some good options:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ, Pizzafari, Yak & Yeti CS

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, French Bakery, Mexico CS, Tangeriene Cafe in Morrocco, Refreshment Port (close to Canada)

MK: Be Our Guest (only a CS at lunch though), Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills

Resorts: Comtempo Cafe at Contemporary or Pepper Market at CSR (love, love, love the nachos at Pepper Market and usually go over for lunch on our DS day, since we are not fans of any of the DS CS restaurants)

DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express (pasta, salads, pizzas, meatloaf, creme brulee cheesecake), Earl of Sandwich, or Cookes of Dublin (love their beef/lamb pie and their scallops)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter