Question on AP rates

KLR-wlv

DIS Veteran
I have never gotten AP's - so sorry if this has been covered a hundred times. I am planning on going in October and splitting a stay between AKL and OKW. I want to purchase an AP when I check in (in order to use it earlier in October next year). Does that qualify me for an AP rate at AKL? Can I book it at an AP rate and purchase it when I check in or do I need the AP to make the ressie? Thanks!
Kristen

You do not need the AP to make the ressie. You will need it at check-in to get the AP rate. :D

You don't need it to make the reservation and you may or may not need it at check in. There is a wide variety of experiences regarding having one at check in. Official Disney policy is you do but not a lot of CM's actually ask to see them.

If you are asked for one at check in, the resorts do not sell them. Most resorts will let you check in and come back and show it to them after you purchase it. You will need to go to a park ticket booth, park Guest Relations or either of the two Guest Relations at DD to purchase one. Your year starts the day you buy it.

You can always purchase an AP in advance at your local Disney Store or from 407-WDISNEY. You will get a voucher that you must activate at the same locations as above. Your year will start upon activation of the voucher, not when you purchase it.

Most resorts will accept the voucher as proof at check in and the ones that don't will just have you come back later and show them the activated pass.

They did not ask to see our AP when we recently (mid-May) stayed at the Poly. We had a voucher, but they didn't ask to see it. Also, we did not buy an adult pass, we booked under a childs pass to save money. No problems.

I am considering purchasing an AP for my fiance and I for when we go on our honeymoon, mostly for the purposes of resort discount because we will be there for 12 days. We are already reserved to stay at the poly. What sort of discounts do you get as an AP ticket holder? Do you know where I can find them listed somewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter