Question on American Eagle returns

mrspaha

Mouseketeer
I bought several items, where it is buy one, get one half off. I got gift receipts for each thing. Now, say I give someone a sweater where I paid full price of $59.50; and I give someone else a sweater where I got the half off (29.75). If either one returns them, will one of them get a credit $59.50, and the other one get a credit of $29.75? (The gift receipt doesn't print any dollar amount, and I can't figure out the code on it).

And what would happen if I return something with the receipt, and it was the item I paid full price for. Would I get the full price credit, or would they make some kind of adjustment because I got something else at half price?

I know like for Kohls and Penney's, the receipt adjusts each item for a return price of basically 25% off, but I've never had this come up at American Eagle. Anyone know?

I bought and returned jeans that I got BOBO 1/2 and got the 1/2 price return value. If I can remember correctly, it was the full 1/2 price - no 25% off. ie: paid $20 for one pr and 10 for other. I got $10 back. I remember being unhappy and felt that she did it wrong. Other stores would have taken the avg price - $15. Keep in mind my memory is not the best but I'm pretty sure this is how it was done.

A freidn recently returned something at a store that was BOGO. Her son got GO as a gift. They would not give him anything. No credit, nothing!!!:scared1:

It will vary store to store

Just a follow-up here. I called the store and asked them. (Should have thought of doing that in the first place). Anyhow, you get the credit for what you paid for the item; in other words, if you return the item that you had paid full price for, you'll get the full price credit. If you return the item that you got half off for, then you get a credit for half-price.

Doesn't seem right to me, but that's how their registers are set up. So, I guess you need to be careful who you give the "half-price" items to, in case they want to return it.

Just a follow-up here. I called the store and asked them. (Should have thought of doing that in the first place). Anyhow, you get the credit for what you paid for the item; in other words, if you return the item that you had paid full price for, you'll get the full price credit. If you return the item that you got half off for, then you get a credit for half-price.

Doesn't seem right to me, but that's how their registers are set up. So, I guess you need to be careful who you give the "half-price" items to, in case they want to return it.

Why doesn't that seem right? That's perfectly fair as you get the exact amount that was paid for the item.

The thing that bothers me about it is if I buy 2 gifts -- say 2 sweaters; one for my niece, and one for my nephew. Both have a ticket price of $40.00. When they ring it up, the first one is rung up at $40.00, the second one at $20.00. So, if both my niece and nephew decide they don't like their gift and return it for a store credit, whoever had the sweater that was rung up first would get a $40.00 store credit, and the other one would get a $20.00 store credit. Or, if just the one who got the second sweater rung up returned it, he/she would get a $20.00 credit to use for something that he/she would rather have. See what I mean?

Now, i know like at Penney's for example, if you have one of the BOGO type deals, the receipt divides it up, so that each item has a return value of the average price. In this example, each gift receipt would allow for a $30.00 credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter