Question for podcast hosts about "moralistic" issues

I feel a need to chime in, but not sure how to express my thoughts thoroughly...

The purpose of boards like this, is to exchange experiences and ideas... to aid in planning, what for some is the vacation of a life time. So I read, and learn... then plan accordingly. Last year when I returned from my trip, I shared my experience, and how I would do things differently, in order to make my next trip more pleasurable. Well the morality police take things to extreme, mis understand, or are out right determined to blow you out of the water for small details like having a ADR for 3 when you are really a party of 2 to get a resie at a time better suited to your plans. After all they never had this happen to them, therefore those that it has happened to are lying, cheating on their taxes, taking candy from babies, and are the cause of global warming.

Some people are natural born tattle tales. They not only can't keep a secret, but they thrive on trying to rain on others that make adjustments to better suit their needs. WDW is doing just fine, and can make what ever rules they wish, they can choose to enforce, or not. But their motive is always the same. Profit. As a shareholder I am thrilled with this.

The free soda fountain is not a moral issue. Who cares. Disney gets the syrup for free. If it were a problem to profit and loss, they would put measures in place to curb shrink. Pool hopping was great back in the day. In the 70's and most of the 80's it was great to spend an afternoon at CR or poly pool. But now that the crowds are so large, ya got to have a rule to keep from overcrowding. I mean I would hit Storm along bay every day, but I prefer to stay at CR. Oh well. It is issues like these and other petty gripes that the tattle tales (morality police) thrive on. They are not going to change my view that pool hopping was great, but no doubt enough people abused it to close the loop hole.

The DDP has its pluses and its minuses. I think that the included 18% tip is a large part of the decline in the level of service. Disney must think so as well, as it looks like the change is pretty much a done deal. I mean I could be wrong, it happens, just in this case I am not. Once the customer is back in charge of the tip, the servers are going to have to work every table on DDP for the tip. I have heard over and over again, that the servers all work as hard as then can every day, and the refrain of “when I was a server, I worked as hard as I could everyday for every table for the satisfaction of a job well done”. Well good for you, but you are either lying to your self, or lying to others, or just delusional. Feel free to disagree, feel free to tip for lousy service… but that change in the “rules” is for the better and will improve service. Cause that is how the world works, and this change will not contribute to global warming in the slightest.

I hope that rant kinda makes sense.

I have been hoping someone would say this for a longtime.

The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy... :happytv:

http://popvssoda.com

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is a great map...
i never realized pop was spread so far to the west (i'm originally from michigan)...

i went to school in the east, where they never failed to tease me about my use of 'pop'...
which is ok....i managed to rib them regularly about their bizarre pronunciations....

It is only soda and it's obvious Disney doesn't really care. BUT any poster that uses an expression like "morality police" is basically saying what they're doing is immoral.

Some of the justifications are amusing. Disney gets the soda for free. A cast member told me I could get free refills whenever I want. The sign is ambiguous. My favorite is people who re-write the rules to cover what they're doing. It's OK to bring back a mug from the same resort or it's OK to use a mug from another resort, unless it's the same trip BUT It's wrong to use a non-Disney mug. Guests don't get to re-write the rules.The correct answer is Disney, currently, doesn't seem to care if guests want to take free soda. Guests who use 7-11 mug are no different then a guest who brings back an old mug. Both are taking soda they're not entitled to.

...it's OK to use a mug from another resort, unless it's the same trip BUT It's wrong to use a non-Disney mug.
Disney has now approved the use of the mugs at all the resort hotels during one stay. If you move from the Beach Club to the Grand Floridian, your mug gets to go with you. :) They aren't resort-specific. Well, the CSR ones are, but I don't think anyone else is still selling the old ones.

And, you know, there are people who don't even know you can't bring the mug back. I got a mug at CSR and there is nothing printed on it that says you can't bring it back. The guy who sold it to me didn't say a word about the policy.

This could (and my bet is it did) work the same way with someone who wasn't on the DIS and didn't know. And there are a lot of folks (like me) who don't read the small print on everything in life - including mugs.

So, if someone finds themself getting all bent out of shape about the immorality of other guests, they might bear in mind that it is possible that the person has no clue that a rule exists or that they're breaking it.

I do agree about the reasoning, though. If you know the rule and break it, just say, "I don't care. I'm breaking the rule." That's what I'd do. :)

And I think it is POP. To me, "soda" is Club Soda. If someone asks me to pick up soda for them at the grocery store, that's what they want. So funny how different people call it different things.

What do people who call pop "soda" call regular soda? Do they just call it "Club soda"? :confused:

LOL When we want a soda/pop/soda pop we say "You want a Coke?" Doesn't matter what kind of soda, pop, whatever you call it you want...they're all called Coke. :goodvibes
I give up. :rotfl: If you show up at my house, I'm offering you water or "something to drink." :teeth:

Soda is soda. The best soda is Cheerwine, which, if you don't call it soda you definitely haven't heard of. And only a few of the people that call it soda have heard of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter