Question about the dining plan

ProudMomTo3Boys

<font color=red>My brain hurts. I am still working
I am new to the board and to the dining plan, my question is if there isn't something my 8 year old wants from the childrens menu at a TS, is there anything I can do, possibly a smaller portion of an adult entree. He is so picky and doesn't always eat the normal kid foods.

If you go to the top of the DDP Main page you will find a list of restaurant menus. Take a peek at the restaurants you have ADRs for and see if you see things he likes. It's pretty standard picky kid fare. My nephew is as picky as they come (he only likes cheeseburgers, not hamburgers and doesn't even like peanut butter!) and he would have no trouble with any childrens menu. The CS restaurants all have standard fast food fare.
Good luck,
A still picky eater :sunny:

ProudMomTo3Boys said:
I am new to the board and to the dining plan, my question is if there isn't something my 8 year old wants from the childrens menu at a TS, is there anything I can do, possibly a smaller portion of an adult entree. He is so picky and doesn't always eat the normal kid foods.
Here's a link to Allears' menus: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#epc

That should give you a pretty good idea of the standard kids menus.

You might be able to get something special on occasion, but I wouldn't buy the dining plan counting on that.

I highly doubt it since "Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from the child’s menu where available"

Take a look at the menus for participating restaurants for entrees your child will like. (For example - Le cellier offers a 6 oz grilled steak on the kid's menu)

But it sounds like the dining plan is not a 'good fit' for your family's needs.

Le Cellier offers a 6oz Grilled Steak for children. Coral Reef offers children a grilled chicken breast (not nuggets). Chefs de France offers a fried fish plate for children. Rose and Crown has cottage pie, bangers and mash, fish and chips, and grilled chicken on their child menu. Teppanyaki offers a small stir fry with either chicken or shrimp. Nine Dragons offers sweet and sour chicken. San Angel Inn offers children either a burrito or an enchilada. Marrakesh offers couscous. Spoodles offers Grilled Strip Steak and Grilled Chicken. Flying fish offers fish and chips, grilled steak, chicken breast (again, not nuggets).

I'm pretty thoroughly shocked to see so many choices available for children. Choose your restaurants wisely, and your child will be more than pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!