• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about seats in Soarin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyg

DIS Veteran
OK...I'll admit it...I am a chicken on certain rides and definitely don't like heights. However, I convinced myself to ride Soarin' after all the great reviews.

Now I read that there is no bar in front of the seats, only a seat belt! Don't you feel like you're going to fall out? Please reassure me (or not).

Thanks.

I am deathly afraid of most rides.....HONEST.........I am loving this ride HONEST......I tried it last year when i was just recooping from a bout of the flu and felt a little queasy......but this past May I managed to open both eyes and do it a total of 9 times.....No sensation of falling out.......if I get yucky feeling I close my eyes......then get back my bearings......honest you will love this ride.

There are arm rests, if you feel the need to hold on to something. There are three rows of seats: I believe the first row goes up first, then the second, and the third row is the last to rise - so you will be only a few feet off the ground! But you feeties will be dangling, so you do feel like you're flying.

DH has horrible height issues, and chickened out the first time we did this. I don't think he could stand the fact that I - the great ride chicken - LOVED thsi ride. He did try it, and was glad he did!

kathyg said:
OK...I'll admit it...I am a chicken on certain rides and definitely don't like heights. However, I convinced myself to ride Soarin' after all the great reviews.

Now I read that there is no bar in front of the seats, only a seat belt! Don't you feel like you're going to fall out? Please reassure me (or not).

Thanks.

The ride really is pretty tame. My 3 year old DD (soon to be 4) rode it this past January and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

I never felt like I was going to fall out, and was never concerned for her safety (there is a "crotch piece" for the wee ones, if I remember correctly). I bet you'll love it, too.

There is a special loop that goes between your legs and the seatbelt goes through it to secure it. It's meant for kids under a certain height, but I'm sure than an adult can wear it too. It might give you an additional level of comfort knowing that you can't slide out under the belt.

My husband and I have serious issues with heights but we both enjoyed this ride. I just held onto the arm rests when the ride first went up and then relaxed as it went along. We always sat in the last row so we weren't the highest up. That helped.

:sunny:

I was told if your afraid of heights to go to row 3 the last one because your not as high off the ground. I did this last year. I was still "scared", but glad that I was not higher. I am going to try and do it again this upcoming trip. Hopefully, since I know what to expect, I'll enjoy it better.

I HATE heights...but I LOVED this ride. There isn't a "falling out" sensation at all...and though you feel yorself being lifted off the ground, if you look around you really can't tell how high up you are....which was awesome for me.

lisaross said:
40 inches?

lisa

I think so. But my DD (3 at the time..will be 4 in about a week) blew away the 40 inch HR for Splash Mountain by a couple of inches, so I'm not sure we really checked for Soarin'. Yes, both my children are relative giants. :)

There are arm rests to hold onto. But the seats are pretty deep, so you don't feel like you will fall out. And the vehicle only tilts side to side slightly. If you are scared of heights, then request a last row seat. That row doesn't go up as high as the other two. You'll see feet dangling infront of you, but it doesn't ruin the ride. Don't miss Soarin'! It's a great ride, and you don't even realise that you are suspended in the air!

Thanks.
Personally, I do feel like you could very easily fall out. And if you are in the first row, that’s a very long fall. If there was a knee bar or a shoulder harness, it would be a much safer and more enjoyable ride. I won’t go on it anymore because I feel it’s far too easy to fall out of it. That seatbelt isn’t stopping anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter