Question about room safes

Elisa

momtwo2
Can anyone give me some advice on how to protect my lap top while on our Disney trip this summer. It's a 13" mac book pro and I doubt one of the small safes will work. We're not sure yet where we'll stay but were thinking of CBR or one of the Values. Do all of the hotels have safes for larger items, at the front desk? It's a common practice for the maids to open several doors at a time and clean all at once and I don't want to risk something getting stolen. What do you think?

I've found my MBP to fit in just about any of the hotel safes I've encountered.

I've never seen any of the Disney mouskeepers open all the rooms at once to clean them. They always seem to work on one room (with the cart right outside) and complete everything in there before moving on to the next room.

In many trips I have just left my laptop out along with my camera and it was perfectly fine. The only thing fitting in their safes are jewelry, cash, or CC's.

In many trips I have just left my laptop out along with my camera and it was perfectly fine. The only thing fitting in their safes are jewelry, cash, or CC's.

Same here. Our laptop is about 17 inches and can't fit into a safe but it doesn't matter. We just leave it out with a newspaper on top and never had a problem. Not at Disney World nor anywhere else.

I know I'll be told that's not wise but I'm not going to live my life in fear of a slight chance something will happen.

This topic surfaces at fairly regular intervals, and in all of the threads I have never read of a case of a laptop being stolen from a guest room. Most of the posts reported that they either left them out in plain view, put them in a drawer or hid them in a suitcase. If you were very cautious, you could use a cable lock to secure it to the table. And if you were very, very ,very nervous- I believe that all of the front desks have a safe they could hold your computer in. Although I would think it would be a royal pain to have to go to the front desk multiple times per day. :confused3

Just to pile on here, I have always just left my laptop out in the room without a worry and have had no issues in multiple trips. The safe would fit a small to regular sized one, but the larger ones can be too big.
If I was worried I would put it in a suitcase to keep it out of sight - but I do not worry about it.

I have a 10" netbook I use most often. I've brought it on two trips and left it right on the table and it was fine. To be clear though, even that small of a computer did not fit in the safe.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to protect my lap top while on our Disney trip this summer. It's a 13" mac book pro and I doubt one of the small safes will work. We're not sure yet where we'll stay but were thinking of CBR or one of the Values. Do all of the hotels have safes for larger items, at the front desk? It's a common practice for the maids to open several doors at a time and clean all at once and I don't want to risk something getting stolen. What do you think?

We've never had an issue with our laptops not fitting in the safes at Disney. We had 2 laptops (15 in.), 2 gameboys, an ipod touch and extra camera in our safe the last time we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter