Question about paying with DP credits

MulanUSAF

Mouseketeer
My family of four are going to WDW for the first time in a couple months. My brother brought up the question about how the meals are paid with our room key cards. In the mornings (or at any time of the day), can one person take all four key cards down to the food court and buy breakfast for the whole family? I read the part about how you can't use your dining credit for a non-DP guest, so I was wondering how they enforce it. Do they require each guest with a dining plan card to be present when ordering? Also, with the refillable mugs, can one person grab all four and fill them up with coffee in the morning?

I know this is sort of a dumb question, but it would make our morning planning a lot easier. Thanks!

You only require one room key card as long as everyone is in the same room otherwise you will need a key card from each room. You should not have a problem getting 4 meals at one time so long as everyone is on the dining plan. Also one person can fill up all 4 mugs without a problem.

You need only one key card per room reservation. Although it might prove difficult for one person to carry four mugs and four meals.

The number of people on the reservation and their adult vs. child designations are printed on the key card. You may buy only the number of meals listed on the card (if it's 2 adults and 2 children you can buy a maximum of 2 adult meals and 2 child meals - you can't buy 5 meals, or 3 adult meals, and pay for them all with DDP.)

Gosh, that was fast! Thanks for the info!

I heard the room key cards are also your park tickets, so I thought each person must have their own. So when they deduct credits, do they just deduct it off the total number of credits in one reservation? On the receipt, do they just show how many credits are left all together?

4 adults on QSDP for 5 nights equals 40 CS credits and 40 snacks, right? That sounds like a lot of food! :eek:

We'll be staying at POP, is it really crowded in the mornings? We're going the week of Thanksgiving, Nov 22-27.

I will be there then as well.....23 through the 28th of November staying at POP. I have a lot of the same questions!!

I heard the room key cards are also your park tickets, so I thought each person must have their own. So when they deduct credits, do they just deduct it off the total number of credits in one reservation? On the receipt, do they just show how many credits are left all together?

4 adults on QSDP for 5 nights equals 40 CS credits and 40 snacks, right? That sounds like a lot of food! :eek:

We'll be staying at POP, is it really crowded in the mornings? We're going the week of Thanksgiving, Nov 22-27.

Yes, they will deduct the credits used off of the total remaining for the room.

The QSDP does give you 40 CS credits and 40 snack credits. It is a lot of food but remember that it only covers two meals per day. We tend to bring some light breakfast items (muffins, breakfast bars, a box of cereal and some paper bowls) and have breakfast in the room. Then we eat an early lunch and a 6:00-7:00 dinner. Doing it this way lets us make the most of the DDP credits without wasting them or feeling too full from too much food. Remember, too, that you can use snack credits for many breakfast items (bagels, muffins, pastries, single-serve cereal, etc.)

Pop's food court does get very busy. This is another benefit of breakfast in the room. If you opt to purchase breakfast at the food court try to go early for minimal lines.

Everyone does get their own KTTW card, but all credits on the room are on every person's KTTW card, so you only need to use one for each transaction.

Yes, they show the remaining credits altogether on the receipt, so if you go down right after you arrive and everyone gets a CS meal, then the receipt will say 36 QS Credit Remaining. (or something like that)
It will only tell you how many you have remaining by type of credit (Snack or Quick Service) so if you buy both in one transaction, both will be listed.

All your dining credits are accessible at all times from all the key cards assigned to your room. Yet, each person is required to have their own key card (one reason for that is that if you have park tickets bought as part of a package, they're on the room key as well, and each person must individually use their own key to enter the parks).

I will be there then as well.....23 through the 28th of November staying at POP. I have a lot of the same questions!!

Add one more to the reservations...we'll be there too--Nov. 21-28...and at POP too!!!

We upgraded to the regular dining plan so 7 TS, 7 CS, and 7 snacks. :scared1: So I guess I should start dieting now. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter