Question about Memory Maker and Sharing it with a friend

kathy23

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We happen to have a friend and their family going to Disney at the same time as us. We will not be hanging out together much (other than a few swims at the resort) but I just thought about the possibility of sharing the memory maker. (and splitting the cost) Can I buy it and link them to us? Would this create an issue b/c we are not truly traveling together? Will it be a pain to try and just download our pictures and not theirs? (I would like to save the money but it might not be worth it if it becomes a huge hassle) Will we have to link everything including their fast passes/meals? Thanks so much!

As long as they are listed under Friends and Family and you have permission to view their photos it will work. They also need permission to view your photos, I think. This is how we have it set up. And you don't have to have Fastpass and ADRs linked together, just the ability to view photos.

We have done this a bunch of times with our family traveling together. One of us would buy the memory maker and we would split the cost. At the end of the trip however only the person who purchased the memory maker can download. I was able to look at just my photos and download, but the other person needed to go on to my account to make changes/edit/add borders or stickers and download everything and then go through and delete what wasn't theirs.

It is a very time consuming process and if you aren't comfortable with someone else in your account, my sister is who we shared with, then it isn't a good idea to share the memory maker.

Thanks for the info! I never thought about the editing before downloading - that makes it a little trickier. I would let them have my password (they are good friends...and really what can they do?) but my concern would be all trying to edit our own pictures. What would be the concern if they have our account password for the Disney experience after the trip? The only concern before I can think of is if they accidently change/delete one of our fast passes before the trip.

Also, is there a limit on the number of pictures? If it is two families, are we both unlimited?

After we get home, how are the pictures divided? Are they sorted by day?

When editing I know you can filter to only look at your photos, but I don't believe you can filter to just look at friends and family's photos.

There is no limit on the number of pictures you can download or have on your account.

When downloading all photos together they will be done into groups and I have not seen a rhyme or reason for the grouping. We usually have 700-1000 photos so 20-25 groups. Once they all downloaded I saved them on my computer and then had to go through and organize by park/date. There is a date stamp on the photo name so that can help if you go to one park multiple days.

We had to go through all the photos and organize them by family after we downloaded. We found it much easier to each download the photos on our own computers and delete what we didn't want. It was time consuming but to save money we did it.

The only concern with giving your password for your MDE account that I can think of is the personal information on the account, credit card (if you keep one on file), address, kids information, etc. But if you trust the person then I wouldn't worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter