• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about fitting on rides...

Scornelius

<font color=deeppink>Suburban Princess<br><font co
Specifically at the water parks.
I've avoided amusement parks of any kind for the last 13 (of my 23) years for fear of being that person who finds out after waiting in line and getting on the ride that they're too big, and have to take the walk of shame. I've been doing my research and found that the 4 main parks seem to be, let's say, 'pooh-shaped' friendly. But I haven't been able to find much about the water parks. Am I, at about 5'7 and size 22, safe? Or is it going to be a scene like the simpsons when Homer gets stuck in the pipe at Mount Splashmore and has to be cut out? Cause I think that would suck.
Thanks so much! :wave2:

I don't think you have anything to worry about! I have never had any problem at WDW except maybe the tight squeeze through some of the turnstiles! I am 5 foot 1 inches tall and until about 6 months ago I was a size 22, as well. So at least you have some height on me. DH & I have changed our way of eating since the first of the year and have slimmed down considerably. Maybe this year I can slip right through those turnstiles! :rotfl2:

I am a size 26 and I have never had any problems. Disney knows all people are not the same. Unlike alot of places I was in valdasta Ga at wild adventures and skipped all the rides, and there sure wasn't the magic of disney there.

As a larger sized woman, I have found that I do fit on all the rides, some more comfortably than others. Here is a site to go and read about all sizes and Disney. Hope this answers some of your concerns. :sunny:

allearsnet.com/tp/ridsiz.htm Caroline

You will be fine. I am a size 22 and have no problems with any of the rides/shows at Disney. Have fun!

Specific to your question about the water parks - I'm size 22 and have been for a while. At the water parks, I can go on all of the slides, and all of the raft slides/rides, though the family raft rides, I always end up at the bottom of the raft while going down a hill (I think the heaviest part of the raft always goes down first, at least, that's how it seems to me).

I've not yet tried the new water coaster at TL, so can't comment on that from personal experience, but I think I read somewhere that it wouldn't be a problem (and to pick up your bottom on the up hill part of the ride).

Hope this helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter