Queen Elizabeth funeral and looking forward

He had a successful career himself, I'm pretty sure he could've afforded flights on his own without selling pictures to the paparazzi.

I agree! He could have afforded it! He betrayed his daughter by selling the pictures to the poparazzi.

If anyone has been on the Dis for even a year, they have seen post after post from folks that have separated themselves from parents and family members. When I read through those threads, I am always surprised at the sheer number of people that have cut ties from their parents.

Why Megan gets so much flack from it and folks on here get applauded for it (because they are protecting themselves and their sanity from toxic parents) I will never know!

I have never been a royal watcher like people on here, but, I don't get the hate.

I agree! He could have afforded it! He betrayed his daughter by selling the pictures to the poparazzi.

If anyone has been on the Dis for even a year, they have seen post after post from folks that have separated themselves from parents and family members. When I read through those threads, I am always surprised at the sheer number of people that have cut ties from their parents.

Why Megan gets so much flack from it and folks on here get applauded for it (because they are protecting themselves and their sanity from toxic parents) I will never know!

I have never been a royal watcher like people on here, but, I don't get the hate.
It's the hypocrisy of someone profiting from betraying family confidences being outraged at someone betraying family confidences.

He betrayed his daughter by selling pictures to the paparazzi? I mean, they were pictures of himself, not her. He had staged, contrived pictures of himself trying on tuxedos for her wedding. If you consider that toxic enough to cut off a parent then great

What a shame that the family relationships have soured so. I'm sure there are some pieces to this puzzle that are missing. Still, it's very sad for all involved. And it seems H&M are using their family troubles for financial gain. That may very well destroy any chances of reconciliation. I wonder if we have seen the last of H&M's attendance at Royal events.
The family trouble was manufactured to promote a particular perception/persona She did this to every member of dad and mum's family when they were no longer useful. Well except Doria. Has anyone seen her lately? Should someone do a well,check? jK

Divide, isolate, play victim...all family members on every side should now beware. It"s H&M against the world except when they need book or Netflix material. They should come with a sign " Will create drama for content. We will manipulate, betray any and everyone for financial gain".

Last edited:

The thing about it, @fortwildernessishome, is that he wasn’t “toxic” to her until she started dating/became engaged to Harry! Prior to that they enjoyed a very close relationship, all throughout her life, and he was a good Dad to her. She’s said so herself, and professed her love to him a lot. Later in his life I think he got a little out of sorts/down and out/depressed/what have you, and money was tight on his retirement budget, so he moved from CA just over the border to Mexico to make his funds stretch a little bit, but I think he was sort of lonely.

I doubt that many of us can really imagine the enormity of what it’s like for a close family member to marry a member of England’s Royal Family and the notoriety that comes with it. All of a sudden, his phone was ringing day and night, and people were following him around, wanting his opinion, etc. I think he enjoyed the attention a little bit, and really didn’t know how to handle it. Some idiots took advantage of his naïveté, and paid him to shoot some video of his pretending to shop for wedding clothes. Dumb. Harry and Meghan freaked out on him. He was under so much stress, he had a heart attack, and couldn’t go to the wedding, on doctor’s orders. Prior to this, he was supposed to go.

I can definitely see people who separate themselves from chronic toxicity. I just don‘t think that this is what this was.

I’ll let others break down the other relationships in Meghan’s life, but I think a pp said it pretty well a few days ago when they said that the only person from Meghan’s family at her wedding to Harry (because she’s had two other weddings), was her mother. One of her uncles who was a diplomat had helped her get a job at an embassy in South America when she was in college. Before he died, he’d expressed dismay at the fact that he hadn’t heard from her at all, let alone be invited to her wedding. Yet she had a lot of celebrities there that were relatively new relationships. She herself wasn’t a big celebrity. Most people didn’t know who she was before she started dating Harry. So she’s almost completely estranged from her family, and Harry’s well on his way to becoming that way with his family. What is the common denominator? Their children hardly know their families except for their maternal grandmother. Charles was reportedly very emotional when he met their daughter for the first (and only) time this past June.

There is so much to the H&M story it’s very hard to capture it all somewhere like here, in this format. As a big Diana fan myself who watched Harry grow up, I was so happy that he finally found love. But watching the path these two have gone down has been a really big disappointment. I personally think Harry will have some bombshells in his book, if he doesn’t cut them back, or out. I feel that he is angry because of the way his mother was treated, and I think he doesn’t care for Camilla, in loyalty to his Mom. He has a lot of anger toward his Dad about it. (And he doesn’t like Camilla being Queen Consort.) I’m not sure how Meghan has helped Harry work this all through, or whether it’s been the best way for him (leaving the UK, spilling dirt on his family on Oprah, etc.). I suppose we will learn more when his book comes out. He has made some shows on his mental health journey for Apple+. To be honest, right now, the whole thing just makes me sad.

At one of Meghan’s previous weddings:

53D20324-F17C-47E8-966D-9A50E2D3799E.jpeg

Throughout the years with her Dad:

899643BE-3728-47BF-8340-EAB5FA573328.jpeg

6C14C6C6-5B40-4265-9930-61D1AEE94085.jpeg

5B78F717-171C-4F08-925E-6CFC117B8952.jpeg

F1A0550B-63D8-4167-A4D8-DB8545732F49.jpeg

35613A60-F35F-4B7F-B334-2299E24E4D5D.jpeg

77A9C395-82BA-4238-AE5A-9C5E17062076.jpeg

7E124A6F-27F5-44AD-8EA9-BD5E138A4581.jpeg

1664305833081.jpeg

1664305881515.jpeg

She doesn’t seem too unhappy in these photos, and he was certainly there for every stage of her life, even at times when her mother was NOT there, and they lived alone just the two of them. She has said that those were some of her happiest days.

The thing about it, @fortwildernessishome, is that he wasn’t “toxic” to her until she started dating/became engaged to Harry! Prior to that they enjoyed a very close relationship, all throughout her life, and he was a good Dad to her. She’s said so herself, and professed her love to him a lot. Later in his life I think he got a little out of sorts/down and out/depressed/what have you, and money was tight on his retirement budget, so he moved from CA just over the border to Mexico to make his funds stretch a little bit, but I think he was sort of lonely.

I doubt that many of us can really imagine the enormity of what it’s like for a close family member to marry a member of England’s Royal Family and the notoriety that comes with it. All of a sudden, his phone was ringing day and night, and people were following him around, wanting his opinion, etc. I think he enjoyed the attention a little bit, and really didn’t know how to handle it. Some idiots took advantage of his naïveté, and paid him to shoot some video of his pretending to shop for wedding clothes. Dumb. Harry and Meghan freaked out on him. He was under so much stress, he had a heart attack, and couldn’t go to the wedding, on doctor’s orders. Prior to this, he was supposed to go.

I can definitely see people who separate themselves from chronic toxicity. I just don‘t think that this is what this was.

I’ll let others break down the other relationships in Meghan’s life, but I think a pp said it pretty well a few days ago when they said that the only person from Meghan’s family at her wedding to Harry (because she’s had two other weddings), was her mother. One of her uncles who was a diplomat had helped her get a job at an embassy in South America when she was in college. Before he died, he’d expressed dismay at the fact that he hadn’t heard from her at all, let alone be invited to her wedding. Yet she had a lot of celebrities there that were relatively new relationships. She herself wasn’t a big celebrity. Most people didn’t know who she was before she started dating Harry. So she’s almost completely estranged from her family, and Harry’s well on his way to becoming that way with his family. What is the common denominator? Their children hardly know their families except for their maternal grandmother. Charles was reportedly very emotional when he met their daughter for the first (and only) time this past June.

There is so much to the H&M story it’s very hard to capture it all somewhere like here, in this format. As a big Diana fan myself who watched Harry grow up, I was so happy that he finally found love. But watching the path these two have gone down has been a really big disappointment. I personally think Harry will have some bombshells in his book, if he doesn’t cut them back, or out. I feel that he is angry because of the way his mother was treated, and I think he doesn’t care for Camilla, in loyalty to his Mom. He has a lot of anger toward his Dad about it. (And he doesn’t like Camilla being Queen Consort.) I’m not sure how Meghan has helped Harry work this all through, or whether it’s been the best way for him (leaving the UK, spilling dirt on his family on Oprah, etc.). I suppose we will learn more when his book comes out. He has made some shows on his mental health journey for Apple+. To be honest, right now, the whole thing just makes me sad.

View attachment 705759

View attachment 705760

View attachment 705753

View attachment 705754

View attachment 705755

View attachment 705757

View attachment 705756

View attachment 705758

View attachment 705761

View attachment 705762

She doesn’t seem too unhappy in these photos, and he was certainly there for every stage of her life, even at times when her mother was NOT there, and they lived alone just the two of them. She has said that those were some of her happiest days.

Hi Pea,
Thanks for sharing so much info.

I do have a question. Did Megans Mom have any other children or are all of Megans siblings through her Dad? I know they werent invited to the wedding and honeslty after watching at least one of them (maybe two?? I can't remember) talk about Megan on a few tabloid TV shows, I can see why she didn't invite them. If she has siblings through her Mom and they didnt get invited either, I'll agree that its super strange to be disconncted from both sides.

For me personally, I don't hold any stock in the fact that they are lots and lots of photos of her and her Dad in happier times. I can guarantee that all of the other folks on the Dis that have cut ties with their parents also probably have 100's of photos of themselves with their parents in happier times. It seems that all of the stories that I have read about on the Dis of people cutting ties with their parents, happened mostly after they got married or after they had kids. In our family, my cousin (one of 12 kids) cut ties with her parents in her late 30's. My aunt and uncle and all of the children spent summers at their place at the lake, went on vacations together, (Disney included) spent holidays together etc. Theres literally thousands of happy photos of them. I am sure during the happy times, my cousin never thought that one day they would be estranged. But, fast forward to her having a child and seeing her child ignored and mistreated. After about 10 years of that, she had enough and ended all contact. I think many in the family always blamed it on her husband, but I know, it was all her.

I get Harry's feelings toward Camilla, even all of these years later. I think that is pretty normal. I probably wouldn't be too keen on a lady that my Dad had an affair with, which in turn made my beloved Mom miserable. Did Harry publically say that he disapproved of Camilla being called "Queen Consort"?? Or is that speculation?

It will be interesting to see if Harry will reveal any bombshells in his book.

I agree, I don't care for people airing their dirty laundry to the public. If you have a problem with someone deal with them face to face. Seems like lots of people in Hollywood do that and I've never understood it.

He betrayed his daughter by selling pictures to the paparazzi? I mean, they were pictures of himself, not her. He had staged, contrived pictures of himself trying on tuxedos for her wedding. If you consider that toxic enough to cut off a parent then great

Me personally, I can't fathom cutting off a parent!

But, yeah, he betrayed his daughter. I can't imagine cashing in on my kids wedding! To each their own I guess.

Here’s a picture of the Turpins to remind us that photos taken of smiling children with their parents in no way indicates those parents are decent people with whom they have a healthy relationship.
524E031D-A7CC-4EA9-A4F1-D173F0E1167B.jpeg

I’ve been away from the DIS for a few days and returned to find myself shocked — shocked, I tell you — that the Queen’s funeral thread had turned into yet another H&M bashing thread. What a fine way to honor Her Majesty’s legacy. :rolleyes2

View attachment 705759

View attachment 705760

View attachment 705753

View attachment 705754

View attachment 705755

View attachment 705757

View attachment 705756

View attachment 705758

View attachment 705761

View attachment 705762

Sad and all of this could have handled so differently, privately.

I'm not a fan of posting photos of abused kids. (I'm not quoting the post that features them)
It's absurd to compare MM's well cared for upper middle class upbringing with these poor children.

Her mother was "out of the picture" for a very long time. It's good Dad stepped up and provided a happy and loving home.
She confirmed her love and appreciation for her Dad for many years.

Last edited:

But, yeah, he betrayed his daughter. I can't imagine cashing in on my kids wedding! To each their own I guess.

The photo shoot her dad set up with a reporter was really hokey. He explained it away by saying that since he was being hounded by reporters, he decided to offer them up a photo op in a controlled way -- which does make sense.

As the saying goes, "When someone says it's not about the money, it's about the money." That's probably somewhat true in this case, too, but her dad may have just seen it as a win-win situation -- the reporters go away and he makes money, too. I can understand someone thinking that way.

I'm not a fan of posting photos of abused kids. (I'm not quoting the post that features them)
It's absurd to compare MM's well cared for upper middle class upbringing with these poor children.

Her mother was "out of the picture" for a very long time. It's good Dad stepped up and provided a happy and loving home.
She confirmed her love and appreciation for her Dad for many years.
I never compared their upbringings. I’m pointing out how it’s meaningless to try to judge family relationships from pictures.

Here’s a picture of the Turpins to remind us that photos taken of smiling children with their parents in no way indicates those parents are decent people with whom they have a healthy relationship.
View attachment 705811

I’ve been away from the DIS for a few days and returned to find myself shocked — shocked, I tell you — that the Queen’s funeral thread had turned into yet another H&M bashing thread. What a fine way to honor Her Majesty’s legacy. :rolleyes2
I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Perhaps the Harry and Meghan bashing could be moved to a new thread (or one of the old ones could be resurrected) so that this thread could focus on the passing of Queen Elizabeth.

Hi Pea,
Thanks for sharing so much info.

I do have a question. Did Megans Mom have any other children or are all of Megans siblings through her Dad? I know they werent invited to the wedding and honeslty after watching at least one of them (maybe two?? I can't remember) talk about Megan on a few tabloid TV shows, I can see why she didn't invite them. If she has siblings through her Mom and they didnt get invited either, I'll agree that its super strange to be disconncted from both sides.

For me personally, I don't hold any stock in the fact that they are lots and lots of photos of her and her Dad in happier times. I can guarantee that all of the other folks on the Dis that have cut ties with their parents also probably have 100's of photos of themselves with their parents in happier times. It seems that all of the stories that I have read about on the Dis of people cutting ties with their parents, happened mostly after they got married or after they had kids. In our family, my cousin (one of 12 kids) cut ties with her parents in her late 30's. My aunt and uncle and all of the children spent summers at their place at the lake, went on vacations together, (Disney included) spent holidays together etc. Theres literally thousands of happy photos of them. I am sure during the happy times, my cousin never thought that one day they would be estranged. But, fast forward to her having a child and seeing her child ignored and mistreated. After about 10 years of that, she had enough and ended all contact. I think many in the family always blamed it on her husband, but I know, it was all her.

I get Harry's feelings toward Camilla, even all of these years later. I think that is pretty normal. I probably wouldn't be too keen on a lady that my Dad had an affair with, which in turn made my beloved Mom miserable. Did Harry publically say that he disapproved of Camilla being called "Queen Consort"?? Or is that speculation?

It will be interesting to see if Harry will reveal any bombshells in his book.

I agree, I don't care for people airing their dirty laundry to the public. If you have a problem with someone deal with them face to face. Seems like lots of people in Hollywood do that and I've never understood it.
Hi! Meghan’s mother Doria does not have any other children. Meghan has aunts, uncles and cousins through her mother, though. She was even a bridesmaid for one of her aunts.

Meghan has two half-siblings through her Dad. I think she wasn’t particularly close with her half-siblings, they are quite a bit older, with families of their own, but things escalated after the whole fiasco w their Dad.

For me it’s not just the photos. Meghan has written a lot about her relationship with her Dad. One example (from her now deleted Instagram account - he apparently called her “Bean”):

“Happy Father’s Day, daddy,” she captioned a photo of herself as baby sleeping on her father’s chest. “I’m still your buckaroo, and to this day your hugs are still the very best in the whole wide world. Thanks for my work ethic, my love of Busby Berkeley films & club sandwiches, for teaching me the importance of handwritten thank you notes, and for giving me that signature Markle nose. I love you xo — Bean.”

And a card she once sent him:

77E3357F-ECE4-4F93-851B-234BA3437BBF.jpeg

I, of course, do understand that pictures don’t always tell the whole stories, and that families can have issues, but I have read a lot about their relationship and they were apparently pretty happy living together all those years that she was growing up, and beyond.

I understand Harry’s feelings, too. (I’m not so sure that William doesn’t also harbor these types of feelings, too, but he is in a different position altogether than his brother is.) I think Harry sees it not just that it made his mother miserable, but that it contributed to her death. He’s been profoundly sad about his mother’s death since he was the young boy walking behind her casket in front of the whole world, but he suppressed a lot of his feelings for many years.

Supposedly the condition that was given to Charles to marry Camilla (yes they have their rules, whether we agree with them or not!) was that she would not become a Queen Consort (she would be Princess Consort). But The Queen warmed up to Camilla over time, she did a great job in her role supporting Charles, and he continually begged his mother to change her mind, so this past year, The Queen finally announced that she could become Queen Consort. William was reportedly “supportive”. Harry didn’t respond right away, and when he finally did, he only talked about his mother Diana and her charity work. Some reports from authors who’ve written about the RF say the brothers were “blindsided” when The Queen put out this announcement during her Jubilee. Both remain loyal to their mother while trying to assimilate to circumstances of the current time, within their roles, if that makes sense.

I agree about the dirty laundry in public.

He has said he turned down a lot of offers that he could’ve made a lot of money on, fwiw. I’m sure he regrets what he did (he says he does), and he has apologized repeatedly. The damage was done, though. 😕 I just don’t know if it was a wholly unforgivable offense, enough to cut someone out of your life completely and deprive them of meeting their grandchildren, especially where his health is tenuous. I guess they feel they can’t trust him. 😕 I think many people would’ve found it in their hearts to at least let him meet the husband and the grandchildren out of respect for their previous relationship and all he provided for her over the years (a good home, loving care, private schools, college funds, a start in show business, lots of good memories, her work ethic (as she says), etc.).

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Perhaps the Harry and Meghan bashing could be moved to a new thread (or one of the old ones could be resurrected) so that this thread could focus on the passing of Queen Elizabeth.
The funeral was a week ago. Do you have something to add about her passing?

I started the thread to initially talk about her health, then her death and eventually the funeral. Unfortunately, her passing is the starting point for a lot of fallout within the Royal Family and I'm very interested in hearing about how things develop.

If you want to start a different thread, you should go ahead and do so.

Perhaps you could bring forward whatever it is you’d like to say about The Queen’s passing?

It’s been rather quite here.

So egreduious? Well let's say compared to Oprah, the Rev and other disparaging interviews regarding family. All to make a few million $$$? Well as opposed to an inexperienced nobody (ailing father)trying to raise funds to walk his daughter down the aisle at a Royal Wedding. Sorry bt no comparison and EXTREMELY hypocriical to put it mildly.

I never compared their upbringings. I’m pointing out how it’s meaningless to try to judge family relationships from pictures.
Expept Meghan posted her undying gratitude for her amazing Dan until he was no longer beneficial . Caputuring Harry was her ultimate prize. Daddy, two husbands and prestigious friends were no longer meaningful much less needed.

Seriously it's not MM but EVERYONE else.... LITERALLY? Food for thought. 😈

The funeral was a week ago. Do you have something to add about her passing?

I started the thread to initially talk about her health, then her death and eventually the funeral. Unfortunately, her passing is the starting point for a lot of fallout within the Royal Family and I'm very interested in hearing about how things develop.

If you want to start a different thread, you should go ahead and do so.
Typically it’s normal for threads on dis and most forums to branch off into other discussions. Just because you started the thread doesn’t mean you get to call the shots on the threads direction. That’s been the norm in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter