Queen Elizabeth funeral and looking forward

It’s really an interesting story if you read about it. It’s impossible to include all details here, but here’s a snapshot:

Meghan has no full siblings. She has several half-siblings and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and such. Her father was an Emmy Award-winning lighting director for Married With Children and Meghan spent time with him on that set after school, and for a time, they lived together just the two of them. (Where her mother was at that time is controversial.) They seemed to be happy times, from photos and her own previous writings. Her Dad helped put her through college at Northwestern University (where she obtained her degree in Theater and International Relations!). It seems the only person she is now close to in her family is her mother. Harry has talked to her Dad but never met him in person. Her Dad has never met their children even though he has begged to, and they live just a relatively short distance from him. By all accounts, he was a good father. He messed up after she began dating Harry because he naively accepted money from tabloid journalists to do a fake photo shoot just before the wedding, which caused their relationship to sour. He has apologized. He’s also had a serious heart attack and serious stroke in recent years and won’t be around forever. Her siblings seemed to be happy for her until Harry made a remark that went viral about the RF being “the family she never had”. Her sister Samantha gave interviews to say that she, in fact, came from a big family, and subsequently went on to write a book about their family history.

Harry has money from his mother’s estate, and they also have deals with Netflix, Spotify, and who knows who else. The Netflix deal alone was reported to be worth $100 million. They started their own production company. CBS was reportedly paid $7 million for the Oprah interview, but supposedly H&M weren’t paid for it. For a long time, Harry’s Dad, King Charles, was helping them out financially, as well. There are likely other sources of income, too. They reportedly both have book deals totaling $20 million. Harry is about to come out with a tell-all book that may be devastating to the RF. Members of the RF seem to be hesitant to trust H&M because of the pressure they are under to produce material for their Netflix and book deals. Some reports express worry about their stooping as low as to wearing microphones to events. (Not going to post pics but you can google ‘Meghan microphone’ to see pics, even from last week’s events, and judge for yourself.) So it’s not just as simple as just “making up” with Harry’s family members. The trust is gone, and there is lots of anger toward them because of their unprecedented behavior. The Oprah interview trashing the RF was devastating, as will be the book. As late as a few days before The Queen passed Meghan was interviewed by American magazine The Cut and stated that she “can now say anything” (that she is no longer a working member of the RF). The fact that they happened to be in the UK on business when The Queen passed launched them into RF events that must’ve been very uncomfortable on both sides.
MM dropped her Dad over a few photos buying a suit to walk her down the aisle. The money was allegedly to pay for his airfare to her wedding. Go figure.

Last edited:
I completely agree, there is nothing inherently racist about wondering who a mixed race child might take after. I am biracial myself, and my mom told me that they had the same discussions, might I be lighter, darker, red hair, brown eyes...whatever. There was nothing racist or sinister going on. Just musings and curiosity. My favourite was my grandfather who apparently joked "Yes, but will she have a Scottish accent or a Jamaican one?'' lol

I mean every one wonders...redhead, brunette or blonde. Is there a deep seeded meaning? I am a dark brunette with an olive complexion while my mom is a very fair and blonde. Folks who didn't know my father wondered where I came from...not a big deal. Well except nowadays when folks try to make everything about colors.
It depends on the intent behind the questions. My husband and I knew that they didn't approve of him marrying a white girl. We knew that they felt that at least he might have lighter-skinned children. The overall Indian culture has some toxic views regarding skin color. We were also offended that they cared more about our son's skin color than my and our son's health after my emergency C-section.

If someone in the RF made comments about skin color we don't know enough to judge them. Who said them? Who did that person say them to? When/where/how were they said? What was the context? We don't know enough about those things to form an opinion.

It depends on the intent behind the questions. My husband and I knew that they didn't approve of him marrying a white girl. We knew that they felt that at least he might have lighter-skinned children. The overall Indian culture has some toxic views regarding skin color. We were also offended that they cared more about our son's skin color than my and our son's health after my emergency C-section.

If someone in the RF made comments about skin color we don't know enough to judge them. Who said them? Who did that person say them to? When/where/how were they said? What was the context? We don't know enough about those things to form an opinion.
I'm so sorry you were treated so badly especially during a time that should be full of joy.

The RF broke tradition to include MM in events before she and Harry were married. She had privileges no other non family member was afforded. It's hard to believe any comment if uttered was mean spirited.

I just watched a fascinating 1 hour special done by Smithsonian Channel in 2018 on Queen Elizabeth's coronation. They show lots of interesting footage and she shares personal memories of the day. It as lovely to see her sitting and reminiscing in such a relaxed fashion.

It was available free On Demand for me. Not sure where others might find it. It was just called "The Coronation".

I am finding this thread fascinating. I was very impressed with the whole pomp and ceremony and precision of it all. A wonderful send off to our Queen. Her family did her proud and I have faith in King Charles in his new role. I am glad that H & M were included and that everyone was civil. I have never read or paid any attention to the whole H & M situation, but catching up on it now. If what people are saying is correct then I find it sad. But they need to just live their lives in California and not speak about the Royal Family again.

Does anyone know when Harry's book is coming out? I read he is trying to "soften" some of it. I guess in light of the Queen's death and King Charles taking over, some of the book may seem a bit harsh. Not sure if it's true or if he will be able to change anything though. Is it just a biography of his life or a "tell all" book?

Does anyone know when Harry's book is coming out? I read he is trying to "soften" some of it. I guess in light of the Queen's death and King Charles taking over, some of the book may seem a bit harsh. Not sure if it's true or if he will be able to change anything though. Is it just a biography of his life or a "tell all" book?
I've heard it was delayed. The suggested idea was that he would add some chapters around the death of his grandmother and possibly the funeral. I don't know if that's true, though. Certainly, it would be appropriate for an autobiography to be up to date. But it might just be to edit some of the references to "the queen" as the "the former queen" and the "Prince of Wales" as the "king" to become current.

As for softening the content or even whether the content will be scathing remains to be seen. It really depends on the focus of his autobiography. If it's dirt on his family or is it just the impressions of a prince growing up in a broken but royal home and his dedication to his duty, the army, his family and his country. There are ways he could be respectful by staying away from certain topics, but that, so far, is between him, his ghost writer and his editor.

Harry's book I couldn't care less about, but Valentine Low's new book is going to be a blockbuster: "Courtiers: the Hidden Power Behind the Crown." Low isn't a muckraker, he's been the The Times Royalty correspondent since 2008, and is the senior reporter in the regular group that travels with members of the royal family when they tour abroad. He is as familiar with the system as it is possible for someone who doesn't actually work there to be.

The Times excerpted the book today, and every UK news outlet is leading with headlines of what he relates in terms of the Sussex departure. The big one is that the Sussexes' former assistant (a veteran employee appointed by QEII to help guide Meghan into the Firm) believes that from the very beginning, Meghan deliberately sabotaged her own relationship with the staff and members of the family so that after their already-being-planned departure, she would be in a position to capitalize on tell-all interviews from the POV of someone ill-treated. The assistant was apparently also absolutely compulsive about saving and documenting evidence that supported her accounts of problematic behavior by the Sussexes, and Harry does not come out looking like an innocent being dragged along for the ride.

Amazon link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9KW7M6N/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0

Last edited:
https://www.today.com/popculture/books/prince-harry-memoir-details-release-date-rcna47141

https://www.fox6now.com/news/prince...memoir-destroy-relationship-with-royal-family

And other, related books, from today:

https://deadline.com/2022/09/prince...-conflict-queen-buckingham-palace-1235126770/

Harry's book I couldn't care less about, but Valentine Low's new book is going to be a blockbuster: "Courtiers: the Hidden Power Behind the Crown." Low isn't a muckraker, he's been the The Times Royalty correspondent since 2008, and is the senior reporter in the regular group that travels with members of the royal family when they tour abroad. He is as familiar with the system as it is possible for someone who doesn't actually work there to be.

The Times excerpted the book today, and every UK news outlet is leading with headlines of what he relates in terms of the Sussex departure. The big one is that the Sussexes' former assistant (a veteran employee appointed by QEII to help guide Meghan into the Firm) believes that from the very beginning, Meghan deliberately sabotaged her own relationship with the staff and members of the family so that after their already-being-planned departure, she would be in a position to capitalize on tell-all interviews from the POV of someone ill-treated. The assistant was apparently also absolutely compulsive about saving and documenting evidence that supported her accounts of problematic behavior by the Sussexes, and Harry does not come out looking like an innocent being dragged along for the ride.

Amazon link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9KW7M6N/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0
I’ve already preordered this book.

It’s really an interesting story if you read about it. It’s impossible to include all details here, but here’s a snapshot:

Meghan has no full siblings. She has several half-siblings and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and such. Her father was an Emmy Award-winning lighting director for Married With Children and Meghan spent time with him on that set after school, and for a time, they lived together just the two of them. (Where her mother was at that time is controversial.) They seemed to be happy times, from photos and her own previous writings. Her Dad helped put her through college at Northwestern University (where she obtained her degree in Theater and International Relations!). It seems the only person she is now close to in her family is her mother. Harry has talked to her Dad but never met him in person. Her Dad has never met their children even though he has begged to, and they live just a relatively short distance from him. By all accounts, he was a good father. He messed up after she began dating Harry because he naively accepted money from tabloid journalists to do a fake photo shoot just before the wedding, which caused their relationship to sour. He has apologized. He’s also had a serious heart attack and serious stroke in recent years and won’t be around forever. Her siblings seemed to be happy for her until Harry made a remark that went viral about the RF being “the family she never had”. Her sister Samantha gave interviews to say that she, in fact, came from a big family, and subsequently went on to write a book about their family history.

Harry has money from his mother’s estate, and they also have deals with Netflix, Spotify, and who knows who else. The Netflix deal alone was reported to be worth $100 million. They started their own production company. CBS was reportedly paid $7 million for the Oprah interview, but supposedly H&M weren’t paid for it. For a long time, Harry’s Dad, King Charles, was helping them out financially, as well. There are likely other sources of income, too. They reportedly both have book deals totaling $20 million. Harry is about to come out with a tell-all book that may be devastating to the RF. Members of the RF seem to be hesitant to trust H&M because of the pressure they are under to produce material for their Netflix and book deals. Some reports express worry about their stooping as low as to wearing microphones to events. (Not going to post pics but you can google ‘Meghan microphone’ to see pics, even from last week’s events, and judge for yourself.) So it’s not just as simple as just “making up” with Harry’s family members. The trust is gone, and there is lots of anger toward them because of their unprecedented behavior. The Oprah interview trashing the RF was devastating, as will be the book. As late as a few days before The Queen passed Meghan was interviewed by American magazine The Cut and stated that she “can now say anything” (that she is no longer a working member of the RF). The fact that they happened to be in the UK on business when The Queen passed launched them into RF events that must’ve been very uncomfortable on both sides.

What a shame that the family relationships have soured so. I'm sure there are some pieces to this puzzle that are missing. Still, it's very sad for all involved. And it seems H&M are using their family troubles for financial gain. That may very well destroy any chances of reconciliation. I wonder if we have seen the last of H&M's attendance at Royal events.

MM dropped her Dad over a few photos buying a suit to walk her down the aisle. The money was allegedly to pay for his airfare to her wedding. Go figure.
so, he paid for her education, but the royal family cannot foot the bill to transport him to the wedding. not a good look

You know, one of the most intriguing things I've seen about the whole Harry/Meghan thing is a quote that keeps coming up from M's mother, Doria Ragland. She has reportedly said, to more than one reporter in response to questions about her DD, that "Meghan is strong, she will always be OK" or, "Meghan will always be just fine."

From a woman whose daughter claims she was distraught and driven to near-suicide because of the strain of being a mostly-decorative member of the RF? Maybe I am reading too much into it, but to me that sounds like the words of someone who knows all too well that her DD is prone to manipulating situations for her own best interest.

Also, going in, Meghan had a net worth of close to $3M. She could have easily afforded a plane ticket and hotel room for Dad, had she wished to.

The RF, particularly Charles, was very much encouraging MM to invite him. I'm sure they would have happily helped.
MM was the one who didn't want him there. Sad.

I’ve always thought it’s simply that her family doesn’t enhance her “brand.” Except her mom, who was a yoga instructor. That can work with the candles and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter