Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning, and Happy Birthday, Candy! :bday: I hope it is a decent day for you. It’s not raining (yet), so that’s good! I imagine you must’ve had some snowy birthdays over the years! :cold:

The Goldendoodles look very sweet. I’m sorry if I missed it, are they related? @Breezy_Carol We meet a lot of them in our travels. I worry the French Bulldogs will get stolen! (They seem to be in high demand right now.)

I had an appt this afternoon but I’m rescheduling it. I just wanted to sleep late today. I’ve had so many early days, Monday I was awake till 4am worrying about waking up early! Ugh. Everyone liked the dessert cups at our luncheon, and I was really impressed that just about everyone took the time to make homemade things.

@flyingdumbo127 Thank you for the nice thoughts. I am a little worried about Dad! :worried: And you. It’s hard to live with someone hacking like that and not get what they have, too. Stay well.

Pea. I’m so thankful it sounds like you had a good weekend, my friend. The blanket sounds adorable::MickeyMo. Will you post its picture for us please? God Bless your DD. I’m glad to hear she’s giving herself a break. Truly grateful extra to God for your loving family.
Happy to! I just love this little blanket, it makes me happy!

02EC9A0D-8D14-4601-AE3F-A3E4D034AD44.jpeg

FBCC2630-A101-4F6A-A4D7-B0A521D2C809.jpeg

Tonight I am going to try making a “cabbage roll soup” that I saw in Instagram. I think we have most of the ingredients I am going to text DH to stop and pick up the few we don’t have. Will report later how it comes out. Something different, and I always loved cabbage rolls. This is the site if anyone wants to see it.

D116BCD5-AF43-4BD5-8902-F91E30087AB0.jpeg

I keep seeing a ”lasagna soup” too, that looks good. Might try that soon, too. They are more like meals than soup, but I do love soup.

I hope everyone has a good day. Thinking about and 🙏🏻 for all in need. 🐥

Happy Tuesday everyone!

:grouphug:And a very Happy Birthday to you, Candy! The image is a way for me to send you both extra love and birthday flowers, too. Thinking of you, my friend!

Feel better dear Taz and have a wonderful and safe time at WDW! I absolutely pray to one day be able to get to Disneyland this time of year and as I have said view Candlelight as well. There definitely is something extra magical and special about seeing ::MickeyMoright now.

Your new blanket ::MickeyMo::MinnieMomakes me smile, too, Pea! Thank you for sharing and always for your extra prayers for my dad and me. Dad just called me from Ralph's. He should be home shortly from some quick 🛒 and doing :laundy: He wasn't coughing very much when I got up this morning, thank God. His cough always seems at its very worst when he gets up after a nap or when we are watching 📺after we both have taken our bedtime showers and are relaxing for the night. So far, I'm still just fine, a little chilly this morning in LA but it is colder this week out here. I did enjoy my small mug (less than 7 ounces) of hot chocolate this morning. Dad is not a tea person generally except when he's sick. He said he had some hot tea even before I got up. He also yesterday bought himself some hot apple cider mixes. I'll stick to my Kroger Brand hot chocolate from Ralph's.

PollyannaMom, I LOVE the::MickeyMo 🎈 you posted, so cheerful! They remind me of how I did get to hold a big bunch of balloons at Disneyland once on my birthday while my dad took my picture. That was fun. We’ll have to do that again sometime for any celebratory reason. I also once took a picture of dad on his birthday holding a stuffed animal Mickey that held a birthday cake in his hands. That was a fun way to capture an extra birthday memory without having to purchase the toy. Extra prayers you are able to join an eventual Quacker Candlelight viewing out here. That would mean so much to me to get to do with all of you.

Stay safe on the road:car:, Easyas. Dad and I also still write things down on both📅 and lists.

That poor 🐈, Lynn. How awful. I do love your Disney pictures, especially of the parade, too! I did so enjoy Disneyland's Christmas Fantasy Parade the couple times I got to see it.

Footballmouse, I would also prefer a golden retriever or golden doodle to a bulldog. I do thank your friend for giving a loving home to her pup and of course, you to your own dogs:dogdance:. Continuing Mia prayers🙏

Wishing all of you a good rest of the day. Stay warm and do something that brings you an extra smile today, too. I'll check back later.

Attachments

• Happy Birthdayday Candy.gif
    Happy Birthdayday Candy.gif
    942.2 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am going to Jeff's for pizza and birthday cake this evening. Kenny is coming by too. Jeff asked me first to come over for cake, last night Kenny called me to see if he could take me out to dinner. I told Kenny I was going to Jeff's so he texted Jeff to see if he could go too. Then it turned into pizza and cake. It will be nice to have Jeff's family and Kenny with me for a bit today. I miss Chris so much on days like this as he always made my birthday special. But, I believe he is with me in spirit.

Lasagna soup sound really good. I am going to make some soups this winter season to have for a few meals a week. The beef stew has been great to have and I froze some too. I want to try a chicken and brown rice soup as well as a chicken noodle soup. Those are traditional soups but so yummy when it is cold out.

I am off for my last walk of the day before it rains.

Have a good evening.

Another rainy afternoon.

Did my shift at church. Got there a little early to help other member hang some wreaths that hadn't gotten hung yet. I have yoga tonight. Have to talk myself into going out in the rain.

Welcome back.
Coughing on and off
Has he tried Delsym? It is the only cough syrup that does anything for me.
We have decided on Sci Fi Dinner Theater for our only sit down meal
I hope you are able to get it. That is the one ADR we could not get and we tried the first day that we were eligible. And many times after.

@Snowysmom (I didn't know your name was Candy) :bday:

I’m sorry if I missed it, are they related?
I don't think so. But they are from the same breeder so might have some of the same blood line. DD may know. Paisley is from a poodle bred with a golden retriever, so half poodle and half golden retriever. Archie is from a Poodle bred with a goldendoodle, so 3/4 poodle and 1/4 golden.

Rained on and off for the last hour. Dave the handyman just called and said he was going to come around 1, but that it had been pouring all day at his house (about 30 minutes from here) and that he got called out to plow this morning. I guess some of the higher areas got snow and freezing rain. Schools had a 2 hour delay. I told him to come tomorrow after 1, and that he can cut in the cellar, so no more excuses about not wanting to cut in the rain. He laughed, but I was serious! I want this floor done, and soon!
Debating having soup and sandwiches for dinner again. It's gray and gloomy out and not very warm . They say we will get to 70 tomorrow..that's crazy!

That cabbage roll soup looks so good. Don doesn't like cabbage rolls, but I love them. Going to pick up stuff tomorrow to either make the soup, or good old fashioned cabbage rolls.

She told us her name when everyone was saying their families’ names!

Well, the cabbage roll soup is cooking and smells really good. Fairly easy to make, too.

Here is the info for the lasagna soup - one version, anyway; I’ve seen a few. You can play around with it however you like. I agree with this lady, there’s a trend now to put dry pasta in with wet ingredients to let it cook that way, and that certainly is easier, with less cleanup. But I do think there’s something weird about the pasta consistency ( ?tacky) when it cooks that way that I don’t like as much. I guess I like my pasta slippery, lol. I’m not a big ricotta fan but blending it into the sauce will be interesting.

If you have an instagram account it will be easier to look this lady up and watch how she makes it, but see if this makes sense this way. (These I took as screenshots while the video was playing.) Do let us know if someone makes it!

ETA: Not sure you can tell from the pictures here but the lasagna noodles are broken up into random pieces before they’re cooked.

3839CC9F-45C9-46D3-AA2A-53C91DAE1D58.jpeg

D942F4E2-1D6C-44AF-B8F3-E87C41320450.jpeg

F4F35F4E-E6B8-4EE2-AFE7-1EE77E3D5FB2.jpeg

EDCEA797-6CB4-48F4-B649-AAB44D82C675.jpeg

F374EAFF-DAE9-4765-81DA-0479C90A5325.jpeg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday evening dear Snowysmom! Prayers you had a happy day, my friend:cake::grouphug:

Thank you for the suggestion, Carol. Dad hasn't yet tried any medication just cough drops (don't do much) which as I told him at least Werther's taste good! Overall, he is doing better so far today. :thanks:and everyone else for your continuing prayers and extra love.

Lynn, I truly hope Dave does show up tomorrow!

So glad you enjoyed your soup, Pea!

Sweet cozy dreams wishes friends!

@flyingdumbo127 Glad you Dad is feeling better.

Lynn I hope the handyman gets to your house soon.

Good morning. It is rainy here and supposed to rain all day. The soup looks really good and the lasagna soup recipes look like they make a very delicious soup.

I had a nice time to Jeff's last night. We had pizza and cupcakes. The kids' school had a shopping festival where the kids can buy little trinkets for just a dollar or 2. Ellie bought me a deer ornament and Luke bought me a necklace, a small coin on a red cord. They were so proud of themselves and happy to give. Kenny brought me some Lindt truffles which the kids had their eyes on so I shared. This helped make a tough day a little better. It was nice of them to think of me.

Off to work. Have a nice day.

Happy Hump Day! 🎄

My boss worked from home yesterday so I snuck out and visited with Mia for a couple of hours at lunch. This let me get home at a decent time instead of 7:00, the dogs were happy.

The kids' school had a shopping festival where the kids can buy little trinkets for just a dollar or 2.
Evan's grade school did this at Xmas time. He was in the 7th & 8th grades when he attended but he still liked going to this and buying us something. I used to volunteer to wrap the kid's gifts that they bought and they were so excited.

Didn't really do much of anything last night. I thought the kids would stop over to get their St. Nick stockings but nobody did. I had to put them in the back bedroom so Carly didn't get into them during the night and eat the candy.

Boy, did it rain last night. I don't even want to go in my basement and see how much came in. It's been so foggy and misty out the past 2 mornings, it's kind of creepy driving to work. I feel like it should be Halloween, not Xmas.

Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning everyone--rained overnight, supposed to clear up and be 70 today? That is crazy. Have to get going and get to the market to do grocery shopping. Have to stop at Don's PCP so he can get some blood work done for an appt next week.
Dave is supposed to call me around 1 and then come and start the floor. He should be able to get a lot of it done today. He's going to take up the old sections and replace them with the new ones as he goes. We also got some extra padding for under it, to make it more insulated.
Back later with store reports, hope they aren't crowded!
@Pea-n-Me --that cabbage roll soup, looks even better to me--because it's not soupy!

Have a nice morning

1670421207336.png

Good later morning AuntieMe3 and early afternoon for everyone else,

Quiet Wednesday here, trying to be cozy. Dad is hanging there. He's definitely on the mend for which we are so very grateful to God, of course, for. So far, thanks to God, I'm okay, too. I have been enjoying my new jersey sheets. Cozier rest is always an extra blessing indeed.

Snowysmom:grouphug:Sweet grandkids! I remember at church during this time of year the nursery school that's a part of it had a Christmas shopping day for the kids where they could pick out something for their parents. When I was in elementary school, i just remember the Scholastic and some other type of book orders that kids could place. That was always fun. I'm so very grateful you did have a happy birthday.

:dogdance:and 🍬sure don't mix, Footballmouse. Grateful, Carly didn't get her paws on any stocking contents in general. Keep cozy and well out there, please.

Lynn, 🙏always for Don, and of course, it goes without saying, dear you as well! I also hope any needed shopping today goes quickly for you. oh, and that Dave shows up as well.

Have a good afternoon, everyone. I will check back in later.

Good afternoon.

We got our cards done last night and Jack took to PO today. I had a dentist appointment this morning. "Look ma, no cavities!"

Taking a break from decorating. We have the (artificial) tree up and lights on. I put up the outdoor wreathes and am putting small decorations around. We expect to get decorations on the tree by bedtime.

just cough drops (don't do much)
I use these. Halls Defense They are vitamin C and very soothing.
The kids' school had a shopping festival
We had one too, at the kids elementary school. Both Jack and I still use some of the things they bought.

Back to work.

Hello fellow Quackers.

Can I just say I wish some of you would come cook for me? You cook, I'll clean up...any takers? :-)

Thanks for all the advice for timers on my lights. I made a discovery when I went to order the additional strands. I was reading the details description to make sure they could connect strand to strand/how many strands could go together and discovered they have a built in timer. Sweet! 6 Hours on 18 hours off. I got them off Amazon.

Speaking of Amazon, I'm a little annoyed with their PRIME 2 day shipping. I knew when we moved to this town delivery would be delayed a day or two from my old address. My old address has PRIME vans that do most of the delivering from a large warehouse about 45 miles north of us. My current address does not have the vans and still relies on UPS/FED-EX/USPS for delivery and that takes a bit longer. Well, things right now are coming in over a week after ordering, which to me isn't all that great of a deal. I am of the age that I remember when ordering anything could take weeks, so I realize this a total first world problem, but my kids can't fathom why anything takes so long to arrive. And, I am noticing that Wall-mart is beating Amazon delivery for some of my stuff on a lot of things. Again, total first world problem and I am grateful for the service, but it seems if I"m paying extra, I should get my stuff a bit sooner that over a week later.

@footballmouse glad you are getting to spend so much time with Mia. Sounds like she is growing despite not like taking too much of a bottle at one time.

@Snowysmom HAPPPY HAPPY belated birthday wishes. It sounds like you had a lovely night with your boys and grandkids. :bday:

@AuntieMe3 Glad your trip went well. I'm sure it's hard to have your sister further away, but guessing she is so grateful for your help in the move.

@bobbiwoz UTI's sure can make a person miserable. I hope yours is under control and you are feeling better.

@Kirby, just sending extra hugs and good thoughts your way for your son and your whole family. I hope he gets good news tomorrow.

Not much new to report from this end. Taking the kids over to see FH here in an about a half hour. He gets them every Wednesday from 5-7. One of the tiny bright spots about this is I don't have to worry about cooking on Wednesday nights. As you all know, cooking is not really my jive. So, I try to find something to be thankful for when I have to drop them off each week. I am at a loss as to what to get any of my kids for Christmas. I know it is not a competition, but I know FH and his mother will go overboard and there is just no way I can keep up. Going to take them to a light festival that we have gone to for years (FH stopped going with us a few years back, so it's mostly a tradition just the kids and I have so won't be weird for him to not be there) and maybe ask them what they'd like to have for our Christmas meal when they get back, and it can be anything...pizza, going out, spaghetti...whatever. Trying to find another holiday celebration or something we can maybe attend. We shall see. I think I'm going to ask my parents if they want to eat lunch together on Christmas. A place I get breakfast from does some catering and are offering some pre-prepped sides for order. Thinking of getting their Mac-n-cheese and maybe cheesy potatoes...yes I like my cheese. Then just get a small ham or something to round out the meal. It would just be 3 maybe 4 of us so we don't need a lot and we will be having our bigger celebration with A LOT more food later that week.

Our PTO (of which I am a member) does a "Santa's Workshop" for our school kids to shop for gifts. We invite the entire elementary and the teachers bring them over in shifts...those who don't shop stay at the school and do a fun activity, and then the middle school principal brings over any middle schoolers who have signed up to come. It's a lot of fun and a lot of work. Thankfully the girls and boys basketball teams went over after school today and helped pull out all of the gifts and wrapping supplies from the closets we had them stored in (we host it in a church basement) and also put away all the chairs and arranged the shopping tables for us. That in itself is a big chunk for us to not have to do and saves us so much time. Now we can focus on loading the tables with the items and seeing what we need to purchase to fill in gaps. It's really hard to find gifts for teens and men. We get ALOT of stuff donated that works so well for moms/grandmas/aunts, but teens and men are just difficult. We price all the gifts one flat rate. Our event is next week.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Floor is half done. I got home from shopping and put stuff away. Finished that at 1, Dave called and said he would be here in 20 minutes and he was. We pulled up the old floor (well not pulled, because it fell apart as we were taking it up. Not one piece was locked in place like it should have been. We took up the trim, being careful not to break it, we are going to reuse it. Then put down the vapor barrier, and piece by piece we go the new floor down. He put a whole row together before we locked in place. I love it!

We only got to 60 today, but at least got no rain. Am attaching a pic of the flooring so you can all see it. I love the variations and striations in the color!

Have a nice evening

New floor.jpg

Thanks so much, Carol. Hooray for no cavities! 🦷

:grouphug:Frog always along with prayers. Santa's Workshop sounds like so much fun. I'd love to help you with it if I lived out there.

:cheer2:for floor progress, Lynn!

Dad has done much better today, praise God! Praying he sleeps well tonight. Speaking of sleep, in celebration of "Winds-Day" comes this image from our friend pooh:with love from me.

Attachments

• pooh.jpg
    pooh.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter