Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Tazdev… Moms never stop worrying, she‘ll understand one day.
Kirby…. DH has regular Medicare, and with all of his issues it has been wonderful.
lynxstch… great news about your door… I would have been worried trying to fit the wrong size door.

Any advise? DH’s doctor wants him to take a break from chemo. He feels the side effects are getting worse and his body needs to recover. I get that, but am afraid the cancer will get to far ahead.

Tomorrow, we are headed to our DD’s for the birthday weekend. DGD’s is tomorrow and DD’s is Friday.

have a good night everyone❤️

Happy ending to the door story
Yay!

It is a nice day here today. I actually had to change out of shorts into long pants after walking this morning as I was cold.
Me too!

She told me that I didn't need to worry because she can take care of herself. I responded that she may be in her 30's with children of her own but that she will ALWAYS be my baby and I will worry. I thought the jeep was overkill when she bought it last year, but I am so thankful she did. The outcome would have been so much worse than it was.
So true!

Any advise? DH’s doctor wants him to take a break from chemo. He feels the side effects are getting worse and his body needs to recover. I get that, but am afraid the cancer will get to far ahead.
:hug: I think all you can do right now is take the doctor's advice, with reassurance that they will closely monitor things.

Does the cancer center you're using have a holistic/complementary therapies department? If so, I might ask about continuing (or adding) those while on break from the chemo.

Is this just a temporary thing for a week or two based on bloodwork? I had to delay a time or two in order to give my body time to recover, too. Chemo can be so harsh, but that’s how it’s designed to be to keep the cancer knocked down. If it’s just temporary, you might not have a lot of choice because they can’t give it if there are no white cells left and things like that. But hopefully it won’t be for long. Hugs to you both, it’s a very hard situation. How is he feeling?

Well DH and I had an interesting dinner tonight. I’m not going to say where. But we went to a restaurant that we generally enjoy. Started off good, but had a couple of problems. First, the steak I ordered Medium came out like shoe leather, well done. Not surprised as it was unusually thin. (? Shrinkflation) Thankfully our waiter was really nice and looked at it, and took it back. (I don’t like to do that.) Waited about 15 mins and he brought out another steak. Watched while I cut into it and this time it was rare! Ugh! So he took it back again. Third time came out done Medium but by that time I was no longer hungry and only ate a bite or two. Wound up taking it home. So that was kind of a bummer. But I will have a meal for another time.

So we’re waiting for boxes and all of a sudden I saw a large mouse shoot across the floor by the booth next to ours and run by us and under some tables across the way. Omg! I sort of screamed and lifted my legs up on the bench! The people next to us got up and left, they had not even ordered yet but said, “We’re outta here” after seeing that thing scoot around right underneath them. So the mouse disappeared for a few mins but came back and was under a table with people eating as well as around a booth which had an elderly lady seated at it. There it was brazenly eating something it found on the floor! So I asked to see the manager. (Karen!) It took a while for him to come out, apparently he was cooking out back and I guess he called Corporate to ask how to handle. Said it was not his usual store and he was just filling in. I nicely explained that we’d had a bad experience there tonight. He said he understood and he apologized. Gave us a gift card. Had also taken my steak off our bill. And gave us a free dessert to share. DH told him he worked with food, also, and said “Your next phone call needs to be to your exterminator”, and he agreed. I felt bad they were planning to kill the mouse but I also didn’t think he should be running around there. I felt like someone might get hurt just jumping up or being startled! (Like I was!) Ugh!

Then I needed gas in the car so we stopped at two gas stations that were lower priced. Believe it or not, both pumps shut off while we were pumping! So both times we had to put the gas cap back on and leave! Went to a third station and finally able to fill up. We were nervous about driving home, lol. What a night! We did get the things we needed to get which was good, but whoa, I feel like all this madness in our world is taking a toll!

We got our Medicare cards in the mail this week. We won't need them until October so our next item on the agenda is decided which part we need besides A & B and the supplement. Anyone have any thoughts on regular Medicare vs Medicare Advantage?
There is a thread on the community board which discusses supplemental plans vs advantage plans. What I got from it is the Plan G is very good but take a look. I have medicare part A along with my employer healthcare for now. When I retire I will have to look at the plans. I am leaning towards supplemental with a part D drug plan.

@Pea-n-Me What a bad restaurant experience. Plus the rest of your night. The world is getting crazier and crazier for sure.

@dazedx3 :grouphug: I agree with listening to the doctors. Hopefully they will be monitoring plus your DH can listen to his body and how he feels.

Another cool morning here. Good for walking. It is not a good day for me emotionally as it is my younger DS's 33rd birthday. I miss Chris so much on these days. I know DS will miss Dad alot today.

Have a nice day.

Morning all!
@Pea-n-Me Wow, I would not have been happy about that meal...or the mouse! Sometimes critters make it in, even with best efforts...especially if the place is in a shopping center or strip mall with other businesses about, that may or may not be as critter concious as the others. That's why we avoid eating in mall food courts; I've seen behind the scenes...and they never spray for critters at the same time, so the critters just move from spot to spot.

@dazedx3 Can't help on chemo ?, as DH didn't get it; they just cut his out really well. Hope he is getting better, though.

@tazdev3225 I agree w/dazed....we moms never stop worrying about our babies, and our grandbabies get double! Hopefully they recover quickly, and that the car gets taken care of quickly.

@Snowysmom :hug:

Let's see...scrapple is 🤢...not a fan at all. Had it once, that was enough.

DH is working from home today, because he needs to go to the eye dr for a followup on the scratch; I'm going with in case he needs to be dilated or something. After he's done, I'm going to go get my polio shot, drop off an Amazon order for return and pick up an order from Kohls, stop in at Publix for a few groceries, and come home to relax! I think tomorrow, on his way home from work, I'll have DH drop DS's phone off for repairs, and I can go pick it up Saturday, as the repair place is sort of on his way home from work.

I just couldn't do anything yesterday, my vertigo was kicking in hard.

Making burgers, maybe fries, and whatever veggie I pick up at the store for dinner. Tomorrow, I'm putting a pork butt or shoulder or whatever it is I picked up, into the crockpot, for carnitas tacos (with some chopped red onion and cilantro, on corn tortillas); and then leftovers on Saturday as BBQ sandwiches. DS is going to hang out with his buddy for the weekend.

Have a good day!

Happy Friday-eve! :)

Didn't do anything yesterday after work except a load of laundry. :laundy:

I have a funny story for you, at least it's funny to me now, it wasn't when it happened. Last night I decided to color my hair, nothing new for me. Got the first step done, looked good so I went out to watch tv until I had to rinse it. Did that part when it was time and then I looked in the mirror. WTH!!!! 😲 Some of the coloring dripped while it was "setting" and my forehead and sides are dyed 😖!!!! What a mess, I can't get it off my skin. I have to work from home today because I'm not about to go out with hair dye on my face. To top it all off, I didn't bring any work or my laptop home yesterday because I should be in the office today so I had to drive to the office this morning (6:00 am) and grab my laptop and some files so I could work from home 🤦‍♀️. Not sure how I am going to get this off my skin 🤷‍♀️.

Tonight there's a big baseball game on, at least for me. The Reds are playing the Cubs at the Field of Dreams field in Iowa ⚾. If you've seen the move Field of Dreams, you'll know what I'm talking about. I can't wait to watch. All the pregame stuff starts a couple of hours before the game so I will definitely be in front of the tv. I'm going to run up and grab some Chipotle and settle in.

That's it for me, hope everyone has a great day! :wave:

Good morning! WOW, everyone has been super busy, all of the new posts took me awhile to read through. Going to be a sunny , 84 degree day, after their saying yesterday that today would be all storms. I have the mowers and weedwacker outside waiting for the grass to dry out. Not sure if he is coming to start the doors today or tomorrow, so want the lawn done, as I know I will have to be the 'helping hand', unless he brings his brother, which I doubt. He likes to do things himself!

@Kirby-we called an independent insurance company in town, who specialize in Medicare. They talked us through all of the plans. For us, the best was plan N. We have medicare A and B, aetna for the supplemental N, and Part D prescription plan using Caremark. For us, it's worked out. I can't remember now why she told us to avoid the Advantage plans, probably because of the higher cost.

@dazedx3 --no advice on chemo either. Just sending prayers and hugs to you and your hubby

@footballmouse --I would try nail polish remover on the dye, followed by a thorough washing and rinsing of your skin. Have had that happen occasionally with hair color, and it worked for me

@Bianca and Bernard -- I agree with you on the scrapple! Good luck to your hubby at the eye Dr and I hope your vertigo is better today.

@tazdev3225 --I hope your daughter and grandson recover quickly, and that hopefully her jeep can be fixed

@Snowysmom --Happy birthday to your younger son!

@Pea-n-Me Yikes to your dinner experience. I would have been out of there at the first sight of the mouse. Nice of the manager to comp your steak (well he should have, after 3 tries) and give you free dessert and a gift card. I don't think I would be using that gift card anytime soon though , lol--I have never heard of a gas pump shutting off while fueling up? You mean that they literally just stopped working? Sounds like a weird issue to me, especially happening at 2 stations :( Glad you were finally able to gas up and get home. Gas here 'dropped' to $4.25. How is it out your way?

Off to get morning chores done, think I am going to open the windows and suspend the AC until later if needed

Have a nice morning all

7af4b1633a2af20d3f91f74e5b4e2010.jpg

I've been fortunate enough not to have to make any decisions like this, but I think if I was in your husbands position I would have a talk w/ the Dr. as to exactly what it would mean for him & his future treatment, the pros & cons. If my Dr. was a non nonsense kinda Dr., not prone to sugar coating things and recommended this as a short recovery pit stop to allow my body to catch up in order to continue the treatment I think I'd follow the Dr.'s advice.
Well DH and I had an interesting dinner tonight.
Whew - you did have a evening, didn't you! Hope today is a little more calmer!
I miss Chris so much on these days
I can't imagine, I hope this is a peaceful day for you & your son.
I have a funny story for you, at least it's funny to me now, it wasn't when it happened
Yikes! I wonder - do you have a regular 'hair person' you see for cuts and whatnot? Maybe call her/him to ask what product they recommend for removing it from your skin? I bet they've experienced this before. Or maybe call one of the places like Ulta or a beauty supply place and ask them if they have any products that could do the trick? Good luck!!! :thumbsup2

Well good morning to you all. We only got about a 1/2" (but I'll take it) of rain, a bit of thunder & lightning off in the distance, and little to no wind last night. It's still humid out, but I think it will clear out. Sounds like areas on the western shore of MD and areas south of that took the brunt of it.

I got little to no decent sleep last night. The dog that sleeps in our room with us decided he would rather be up all night. Talking, huffing & puffing and sitting against the bed. Sticking his face in mine. He didn't want out, he didn't need water. Finally I got him to settle down when I let him go upstairs and sleep on youngest bed. Turns out that was what he wanted. A people bed. The butthead!

Not much going on today, it's cloudy & gray but I think the sun will soon be out. Have a good morning everyone -

Pea n me… DH‘s blood counts have been ok, low but in the acceptable range. The doctor is concerned about his rash, neuropathy, and fatigue.
I agree his body needs a rest, but I am scared that the cancer will take off.

Wow! To your restaurant experience!
Got to go finish packing and get on the road

Good morning.

We went to the beach at Cape Henlopen yesterday. It was beautiful day at the beach, sunny with a breeze. They we stopped at Dogfish Head Brewery for pizza and a beer outside.

Good news and bad new. The good news, we leave in 7 days for WDW. The bad news, all 4 members of DD's family tested positive for COVID. The good news, they all have only mild cold symptoms and will be past the quarantine time by when we leave. They are all vaccinated twice and the adults have been boosted. This is the second time they've had it, and they are careful. Fingers crossed that neither Jack nor I, or DD's in-laws come down with it. I finger I'll have it by the time I come home.

Quoting is the best way for me to remember things.

Can you keep my daughter and grandson in your prayers.
Hope they are feeling better.
Hi everyone!
:welcome: Glad to have you join us.
My back is bothering me
I hope you feel better too.
Point renting has always been a great experience for us,
DD has done that once or twice.
I could go for a scrapple sandwich on toast,
to me scrapple is Yuck
I wondered how many people had heard of scrapple. It is a fairly regional thing. I have never had it as it doesn't appeal to me. The grandkids love it and ask for it.
Had to look this up. Does sound like scrapple.
Happy ending to the door story,
Glad to hear that the store made it right.
Anyone have any thoughts on regular Medicare vs Medicare Advantage?
DH and I have traditional Medicare A and B only. This covers so much more than our private pay, high deductible insurance we had for years as self employed people. No D, no supplement. My mother had traditional Medicare with a BCBS supplemental that was costing close to $1000 a month. She lived in an Erickson Community, used their doctors. I talked to them about the Advantage plan they offered and ended up dropping the cost to about $30 a month. You just have to be sure an Advantage plan is accepted by the doctors you want to use.
I responded that she may be in her 30's with children of her own but that she will ALWAYS be my baby and I will worry.
So true. I remember visiting my 90 year old mother in Baltimore and her telling me to call her when I got home. It never stops.
Any advise? DH’s doctor wants him to take a break from chemo.
I would listen to the doctors.
Well DH and I had an interesting dinner tonight.
Sounds like an interesting night. That's what you get for trying to have a nice night out.

@footballmouse, I asked Mr. Google about your problem and there were lots of suggestions. This was a good one.

Guess I should help DH mow the yard but I don't want to.

@lynxstch Yes, while we were pumping gas the pumps stopped. First time, $.40 had gone in when it just stopped! Turned out the station itself had closed at 6pm (which we didn’t realize) but there were still people getting gas at the pumps. :confused3 Have never had that happen before! After we ate we tried again at another station and the same thing happened - gas going in and just shut down. Lady in the booth running around to everyone and said she was going to have to call (someone, idk who). So everyone left and she shut the lights off! Bizarre! Third station had a wait (no doubt because others were closed or down) but we finally got what we needed. Seems prices are averaging around $4.09 or so but these places all were at $3.89. Maybe it’s because they were so busy at that price they were running low on gas? That’s what we decided might’ve happened. Just strange how it’s never, ever happened before and we had it happen twice in one evening!

@Dazed It sounds like he’s probably uncomfortable with the rash, neuropathy and fatigue. ☹️ The medications for neuropathy can make him drowsy. Rashes are tough if they’re itchy or painful. Fatigue makes it hard to have the energy to do much. It becomes a tough balancing act. But I would think that a week or two, or a month, might help some of that? Hard to say whether it could cause his cancer to grow more in that time, but some of the drug will still be in his system for a while even if he does put it on hold. I can see why you would worry - I’m sure it’s very difficult for you to watch and deal with all of this. Some people would rather feel good and have a better quality of life with less time than have more time but not feel well. I think there are people who do things to please others so we have to sometimes step back and really evaluate what the person wants (often to feel good during what time they have left). We see this a lot in the hospital and it is never easy. There is a good documentary if you haven’t seen it before, I will link below. :hug: I hope it helps.

Taz I hope your family is ok.

That was funny @footballmouse I hope you can figure out how to get rid of it! Lol

Said prayers for all here yesterday and will again today. Do every day. Hope everyone is doing ok. 🐥

Good morning friends 🌼

So many 🙏Lil Joe enjoys a wonderful school year, Kirby! He really needs an extra dose of joy and consistently particularly with a routine (school in this instance).! ITA with you about any type of doctor. Much easier to make an initial call or even reach out email by being able to say a friend referred me.

Big :grouphug:, Taz and know that you, your daughter and grandson sure remain in my prayers. I use Pain Ease occasionally for TMJ. YEARS ago this product is what truly made a world of difference to me shortly after I was first told I had this condition. Pain Ease may also provide your daughter some more natural and immediate back relief. It is by Rx only. I have heard there is a similar product called Biofreeze I have never used this. I am not able to personally say one way or another whether it does work. I am only mentioning it because I don't think Biofreeze requires a prescription. Thinking of you, my f friend and praying today is a ton more peaceful for you all-around.

Dear Dazed, enjoy a happy weekend of birthday :cake:celebrating! Much continued 🙏 for you and your husband. Sometimes our bodies need time to heal a bit on their own. Also, may always you know, God is the ultimate and greatest of Physicians! He is forever with you both. By His Grace, all of us are, here for you too with love.

Wonderful idea, PollyannaMom, for Dazed to inquire about holistic/complementary more natural therapies while on break from the chemo. Prayers you will have a restful and cooler day ahead. The soupy, swampy 😎weather you have been having sure has sounded miserable. :hug: my friend. Keep cool and well.

Oh my goodness, dear Pea! EEK! What an experience. The only mice I ever want to see are ::MickeyMo::MinnieMoMuch prayer your next dining out experience makes up for that awful mess! May today be a ton brighter for you all-around, too 🌸

:grouphug:, Snowysmom. Prayers today provides you even a little further break from the swampy weather and that your walk was more enjoyable this morning. Extra prayer for both you and your son.

Please continue to take care, B&B :hug:🙏. You sure have been through the wringer of late in terms of reactions and feeling under the weather. Get all well so you can a million percent enjoy your vacation!

Enjoy the baseball game ⚾, Footballmouse! Dad has sure been happy of late with the Dodgers. I hope the dye will wash off!

I’m with you, Lynn, out the 🚪 at the very first 🐁 sighting, no looking back! I truly hope the mowers do their job. You absolutely should not have to fill in when you are paying someone else to do something already! :hug:

Well said, Easyas!Great advice that is always a wonderful thing to remember but at least for me with doctors easier to remember than sometimes practice. I learned with my grandma how important it is to always feel comfortable with a doctor and to truly know and agree with a care plan! Oh no! Why didn’t your :dog2: simply say so, lol? He should have just jumped up on the bed to begin with and be done with it. Of course, he may well have settled in on the center of the mattress which is what dogs and I have heard sometimes kids often do! I hope all of you sleep much better tonight, dogs and all.

:grouphug: Carol, I’m sure sorry to hear that. Much 🙏 for health for you and all of your family especially with your upcoming trip!

Dad is shortly off on what will hopefully be a relatively short trip to the post office followed by a couple almost across the street from one another stores--99 and Sprouts. Expecting my pajamas from Amazon later today. I will definitely share how I like them.

Keep well and cool and have a good Thursday, everyone. I will check back later :)

@flyingdumbo127 you confused me when you said --I truly hope the mowers do their job. You absolutely should not have to fill in when you are paying someone else to do something already!
---I don't pay mowers to do my lawn, I do it myself. The guy 2 houses over pays someone $50 a week to do theirs. I think you just have misread something somewhere, lol!

All yardwork is done. I weedwacked first, including the bank. Mowed the whole lawn, cleaned off the mowers, used the leaf blower to blow grass off walks and driveway. Pain in the neck guy next door sat there watching me mow the back lawn. I had my earbuds in listening to music, and paid no attention to him. All of a sudden he is flagging me down waving at me. Asked if I need him to weedwack the bank? I said I just finished doing it 30 minutes ago..lol..moron!

Off to cool down, take a shower, and relax. Glad it's all done..it's nice outside--82 and a nice breeze. Yard looks all nice and pretty again, lol!

Hi everyone....unintentionally, I've been away a week...I tried to skim but I'm sure I missed so much.

DH and I left on Thursday for a weekend in Las Vegas for a concert with some friends. We had some good meals, pool time, saw Red Hot Chili Peppers at the new Raiders stadium on Sat and I even came home with $500. :banana: Whenever we go Vegas, I expect to lose but have fun playing and can usually win enough to break even. This time, i was getting so annoyed when everyone was winning something and I wasn't even winning enough to play but then my luck turned around and I came home the big winner. :laughing: I was also lucky enough to meet up with some elementary/jr high friends who just so happened to be there this weekend too. It was so fun.

Came home and just spent the rest of this week taking care of home stuff.
I finally got to use my Christmas gift from DH. I had a 60min massage and 60 min facial this week that was HEAVENLY:cloud9: I felt like I was falling asleep a couple times during the facial, so relaxing.

DH is working this weekend semi-local, he'll be in the LA area but staying in a hotel close to the job site so I need to decide if I want to go down to stay with him or just stay home. My niece is coming to stay a couple days next week so I'll probably stay home and prepare for that.

I hope you all have a great day...

:grouphug:Lynn, sorry about that! I was just trying to lookout (always) for you, dear friend.

What a wonderful post, AuntieMe3:cheer2:

Dad and I had a busy morning here. He did get some needed things while out, very grateful always to God for that and more so keeping my dad safe while he is out.

Later, but shortly after he came home, we heard a terrible noise! At first, I thought it was our upstairs neighbor jumping around bigtime. We quickly realized it was more than that. Sure enough, someone contracted by our management company knocked on our door. He said our neighbor was having a sink backup and that was why he was called out. Sure enough, our poor bathroom sink was filled with vile black stuff! YUCK. Thank God, this guy was already here when that happened and promptly took care of it. We also got to ask him to tell management that we need new bathroom sink faucets. Ours are leaking. He kindly said he would let them know. So that saved dad a phone call for now.

Better news, I got a call from Terri. She later stopped by briefly on her way to a doctor appointment. Always a blessing to see her. I was able to give her some items to donate in different ways (church feeding in the park ministry and a dozen good condition paperback books that will either go to the ACS Discovery Shop or the assisted living facility where her elderly friend lives about 10 minutes away from me) As a good FYI to know, the ACS Discovery Shops, at least the 2 out here that I knew Terri would go to, accepts books. I would love to know books or anything they could use went to them. Some of my happiest memories as a teen are the 4-5 years I volunteered for the Discovery Shop. Means so much to me to be blessed extra by God to be able to in a tiny way serve from home. Yay.

Waiting still for Amazon to bring my pajamas. No regular mail yet either but for the mail it is early.

Have a good rest of the afternoon, AuntieMe3 and evening already everyone else.

Sky is pitch black again..another storm coming soon. Handyman just left. Took both screen doors off, and took them away to get rid of them. Put the new door in the shed with the others. Will be back tomorrow to take the inside door off in the back and put the new one on, and then do the other on Saturday. I am tired, and my back is sore. Wonder why? lol Handyman noticed immediately that my lawn was so nice and neat..asked me if I wanted to come and do his. I told him sure, we can barter,,mowing for price off of labor..lol. I did 2 loads of laundry and took a hot bath and I am ready to sit and not move the rest of the nite, till bedtime, which I guarantee will be around 9

Have a nice nite all

:grouphug:and REST dear Lynn, please!

Came back to update that both our regular mail and Amazon pajamas have come. Would absolutely recommend these Hue pajamas. Soft, smooth, and light all-around. I am just over 5'9" and very thin. These pajamas I got in small are plenty long for me and certainly wide enough especially lol in the leg which in PJ's these days allows billows. These don't come in XS or I would have tried that. There are no leg length dimensions just waist. I did share a link to the item right? If not, let me know, and I will.

Good evening Quackers.

@AuntieMe3 Sounds like a fun trip with a big bonus on the win.

@footballmouse Just turned on the game in the background. I'm not huge on baseball but this one is a fun one. Unfortunately it's not sounding great for your Reds.

@flyingdumbo127 Love when a nice pair of PJ's or any type of sleep/comfy/lounge pants work out.

@Pea-n-Me Sounds like the type of exciting night I could do without. Big bummer on the steak and no thank you on the little critter. I know it happens and I am sure (maybe just wishful hoping) that most places try their best to take care of those issue. I know I've seen a few little furry creatures scurry across the floor in a grocery store once or twice. Ick ick ick though no matter how you slice it. I'm not sure what to expect in this house, but we did live in the country in an old farm house before we moved to this house and we had our fair share of "visitors" over the years. I would put poison in our basement and in pet/people safe bait stations around the outside of our house.

@dazedx3 sending prayers for you and your husband

@Breezy_Carol Big bummer on all the Covid cases in your family. Glad to hear their symptoms are mild. Prayers it stays that way for them and that nobody else comes down with it.

Not much to report from this end. I am trying to figure out what to do next week when the kids are with their dad. I'd like to leave town for a few days, but just not sure where to go. I have a good friend who lives about 3.5 hours from here who said I'm welcome to come there. I just know I can't sit in my house and bawl/feel sorry for myself/stare at the walls. I am planning on going to see Maverick at some point. I'm really not much of a movie person anymore (used to love them) but this one I'm SUPER excited about. I have not heard one neg. thing about it. I even heard one review where the guy say "It was so good I even forgot I don't like Tom Cruise for two hours" and then I read something similar in a another review from another person. I must admit, Tom Cruise is not a celebrity I nec. think is "all that" but I LOVE the original Top Gun and at that time didn't think he was um, quite like he is now...so I can't wait to see this. That is really the only plan I have at the moment, and it's not even that solid. We shall see.

My oldest is still struggling and insists she isn't going next week. My oldest son is also dreading it. My younger two are fine with it. They have been getting earfuls when they are over there. I do my best to not ask questions and keep my opinions of my soon to be former husband to myself. BUT, I am not going lie to them if they ask questions. I think that only makes the situation worse. As they get older and understand more I don't want them to look back and know I lied or hid things from them. I think that in itself is harmful for kids. And, I know how much they have been under stress since their dad has had them lying to me for so long and having to hide what they do with him. I mean I really don't want to know, since I can't control it anyway, but I know they have been told to not tell me anything they do. My soon to be former husband wants them and his girlfriend to be one big happy family, and that does not include me in anyway, so he doesn't think I need to know. And I don't really, but to basically force/guilt the kids into never talking about it wrong also. And, he's a hypocrite about it because he drills them and asks them all the time what is going on at my house.
He claims he has moved on and doesn't give two cents about what I do, yet he asks the kids all the time and still tries to control me.

Anyway, moving on. The kids, my sister, my niece and I are headed to see my other sister tomorrow night. Going to stay for at least one night maybe two. We have to be back Sunday night as I'm not sure what time he is getting the kids one Monday. One of those annoying things the ruling didn't specify. Ugh.

My youngest has been asking to go to a waterpark all summer. We tried one day last week but it was rainy and decided not to risk paying the money and have more storms come through. Checked the website today and all looked good as far as it being open and such. Got there and only one small activity pool and a snack bar was open...they had closed the slides and wave pool. I was so mad. I usually don't get too grumpy at people for things like this, but I did tell the lady it would leave been nice for them to post that clearly on their website so we didn't just drive 40 minutes for nothing. I did stop at Staples and get some printer ink, so I guess it wasn't a completely wasted trip...but still.

Have a good night all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!