Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Thursday! :sunny:

Probably the last sunny day until after the weekend. Rain is supposed to be heading in tomorrow. I think I'm going to switch my 1/2 d ay at work to today instead of tomorrow. Can't sunbathe and swim in the rain! 🌩️

I need to go to the BMV tomorrow to get a criminal background check done for my notary commission. I think I'll stop by there after working out since it's across the street.

Not much else going on, grabbed Chipotle last night for dinner so I'll make my salmon tonight.

My birdfeeder broke the other day so I need to get a new one 🐦. I'll check out the selection at Meijer on Monday when I stop there to get some dog food. :dog:

Have a great day! :flower:

Continued prayers, dear Frog. I truly admire your kind courage! What a wonderful idea to find a new church home as a family. God will guide all of you to the next church He has planned for you all to grow and heal. I truly believe that. You are also a loving and steadfast anchor to your kids, a soft and safe place for them to always land. They know that and will find their way. Proverbs 3:5-6

I love your daily hummingbird photos, dear PollyannaMom, they are an extra burst of morning brightness.

Hug, Lynn, and keep cool! Love the Goofy picture. It is a great reminder of how important it is to remember to have fun, simple joys can be the most uplifting indeed.

Thank you, also, dear Bobbiwoz for our morning robins! They do look like a parent and child with the child safely waiting for the parent to give the all-clear to come feed.

Footballmouse, enjoy some cooler weather and thank you for caring for assorted creatures, too!

Much thanks to all of you dear friends for your phone support. I truly appreciate it and forever each of you! Dad did call walmart.com last night. They sent us a prepaid return label. Dad will be dropping the phone off at a FedEx. Once Walmart receives it, they will issue a full refund including the $20 we spent on the 2-year protection plan. In the meantime, we will be keeping our eyes open this weekend for possible extra phone savings and go from there.

Happy Thursday 🌷

Up to 80 now. I gave in and mowed the whole lawn with the rider, did the hard to reach spots with the other mower, and weedwacked where it needed it. That should hold it for another week. Just trying to keep the tall weird weeds down and get the clover spots really low to stop so many bees. I put a load of laundry in before I went out, so that's done too. I have the rest of the day off to stay in the cool ac of the house. Mr L wants to make grilled chicken subs for dinner,,and we have all kinds of fresh fruit, so I will make fruit bowls to go with it
Take care everyone

@Bianca and Bernard How are you doing? :grouphug:

I was the laundry and cleaning queen this morning. Multiple loads and some hand washing of items. (Stopped throwing bras in the wash as they were getting ruined.) We have a lot of dog hair around once again, but not complaining. It just takes some extra effort to deal with. Cleaned two bathrooms and the kitchen. Was going to run to the supermarket but I think I’ll save that till tomorrow.

I have to make some Caprese salad we have ingredients on hand and I don’t want them to go to waste. DH and I went to Longhorn last night, have gift cards on hand for there always. Have to figure out some meals for the weekend. Salad, for sure, as we have lots of lettuce in the garden. Maybe hamburgers, or DD makes a great turkey burger. We’ll see.

A lot of you used the Wow emoji for my post above about the ink. I was shocked too. I started to throw out the sales slip today, then figured I’d take a picture to show you. Sorry it’s crinkled.

Ink $45.99 plus MA sales tax @6.25% = $48.87 each! (When not too long ago they were $30-something! 😬) @Target.

2CF82E51-DE14-4683-B85C-5CC0371269DC.jpeg

Wishing everyone a nice upcoming holiday weekend! 🐥

Pea-n-me... The cost of ink is crazy. that is why we decided to purchase the Eason EcoTank. We have been very happy and after over a year we are no where close to needing more ink. It is a bit more expensive but, the money we are saving on ink, totally offsets the initial cost.

Happy Thursday everyone!

@Pea-n-Me, I'd love your DD's turkey burger recipe if she's willing to share! (Mine tend to fall apart too easily.)
I will get it for you when I see her later. It’s from a culinary class she took in HS.
Pea-n-me... The cost of ink is crazy. that is why we decided to purchase the Eason EcoTank. We have been very happy and after over a year we are no where close to needing more ink. It is a bit more expensive but, the money we are saving on ink, totally offsets the initial cost.

Happy Thursday everyone!
Had to look it up. (Epson.) Would definitely consider getting one next time, thanks. Unfortunately the printer we have is fairly new. We don’t print a lot up ourselves, but DD does, and she buys ink, too. She usually gets the recycled ink at Target (not sure how to explain it) but they were all out of that at two different Targets. Not sure how WalMart or Amazon compares, haven’t had time to check it out and I needed the ink this weekend.

I've always wondered about recycled ink, Pea. we've never tried that yet. We sure have learned that most often the cost of ink is double the original cost of the printer!

The wrong phone from yesterday has been dropped off at FedEx. Glad that is done with! Thank you all again for your caring support on all of this. Dad was able to get 2 cases of Aquafina at Ralph's this morning, buy one, get one free so that was a wonderful bargain. He also got Kroger Brand Sunscreen for $2.99. So that is taken care of possibly until it expires in 2024! Prayers please that all goes well at his doctor's appointment in just a little while.

Keep cool, friends, and enjoy the rest of this day.

DH and I went to the dermatologist today for routine screenings. Afterword we went to breakfast at a new place for us, Eggspectations. It was good.

Today is moving day for DD and it is pretty hot. Kids at daycare until DD gets Carter to go for his first covid shot. Paisley is enjoying peace and quiet here. We are taking them dinner and Paisley later.
The cruise is in 10 days.
I forgot, where are you going?

DH just got the call that the new tires are on his car. He is having separation anxiety so we have to go get it.

@frog3101 You are doing the best you can with what you have to deal with. Life can be a minute to minute experience. I am not a patient person so I cannot tell someone else to be patient and take things day by day. Maybe you can take one stressful thing at a time. Not ideal but it may help? I tend to look at the big picture and panic. I am sorry your DD is having issues with her father. That can make it hard for you but sometimes you need to take a step back and just let it go for a bit. Hard to do for sure. I am thinking of you and hoping that things go the way you want. Good luck with the interview. You will find the right job that will be a good fit for you.

@flyingdumbo127 I am sorry you have had such a bad experience with the phone. I agree that Walmart may be the place to look for a new phone. It was nice that Walmart took back the not new phone and refunded everything. Sending prayers that your Dad has a good appt.

@TazDev I hope you enjoy your cruise. Alaska is so lovely even if you never left the ship.

My orange cup moment is that I still charge Chris' cell phone. It is deactivated but has pictures on it. It makes me want to be sick to give up doing it so I keep charging it. Also, I have the seltzer can that he drank out of the night he passed. I am guessing he got up to go to the bathroom and get some seltzer before going back to sleep and passing.

I went to the office today. I do enjoy the social aspect, seeing a few people, and talking with them. I am still thinking about going into the office 2 days a week once we move to the office 5 minutes from my condo. Plus if they ask me to work 35 hours a week instead of 30 I may just do it I don't want to do 40 hours but working until 2:30 would be good I think.

I took a walk when I got back from work, sat in the gazebo for a few minutes and meditated, then came back to the condo. I will walk again around suppertime. I do like seeing the kids and babies and dogs around here. Much better than living in a strictly 55+ community. The jury is still out on the condo and the area but I am not deciding until late Fall when I have given it time. I have learned to never say never in life. I tend to get sad and lonely and cry alot. I am reading some books that I hope will help and I am cleaning around the condo. I have washed the floors, cleaned the bathroom counters, kitchen counters, ran the dishwasher, and did some mending of an old pair of pants. Not sure why I did that as I think the pants are too big for me now and fall down a bit when I wear them. Oh well, it kept me busy.

We are now thinking of going to Santa's Village in late August. Chris wanted to take the grandkids there last summer but it was booked up for our time period. We did go to Storyland. I am not sure how I will do if we go but it is something I would like to do and see the grandkids have fun. My older DS really wants to do this for Dad. And I suspect Chris will be there in spirit as he would not miss the grandkids having fun. :angel:

My kids are grilling me hot dogs this weekend. Mom (and Nana) has a craving for a hot dog. Younger DS invited me for a cookout with hamburgers and hotdogs as well as going to a parade with him and 3 of the grandkids. I don't usually like to drive on July 4th but I can take back roads to younger Ds's house and avoid the highway. I can't do that to older Ds's house so he will have to grill on Sat or Sun.

I love the hummingbird pictures. We cannot have any kind of bird feeder here. That is a definite con for this place. I thought we could have small clean type feeders but they came out with an email saying no bird feeders or bird houses. I do see and hear alot of birds so that helps. There are alot of robins and sparrows. A dragonfly buzzed me today while I was walking. I love dragonflies.

Have a good rest of the day.

I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast 🥚Carol. I hope all went well with your appointments. Moving period is no fun, especially in the heat. How nice of you to bring them dinner later. Prayers Carter does well with his covid shot.

Thank you so much, Snowysmom:grouphug:. We'd ideally prefer to get a phone at Walmart or even Target because of Square Trade but are no longer going to feel limited to just them. The closest Walmart to us is almost an hour away. I just looked at their in-store availability for Verizon prepaid--3 choices! 1 is a flip phone. The other 2 are even older than my last phone. Target is less than 10 minutes away. The good thing about where Walmart is located is that there is a Target, Best Buy, and Verizon all in the same big shopping area. The Target near us does have a smaller Verizon store very close by (the one dad visited earlier this week) and a Best Buy. The other issue, of course, is these days who knows with any product what any store will truly have in stock until you get there? :P I'm truly thankful you do have it sounds like supportive colleagues and some weekend fun coming up as well.

Thank you all for the dad prayer. Thank God, his appointment went fine. His doctor did recommend he get his second booster. We are praying he does well with that when he gets it.

:hug:to all.

Taz, I pray that you have a lovely time on your cruise and come back Covid free. Some couples at church went on an Alaskan cruise a couple of weeks ago and all ended up with Covid.

Speaking of Covid, I saw this article on AOL News this morning https://www.aol.com/news/worst-version-covid-spreading-vaccines-131933842.html

Your stockings turned out nice Mona!

I use all the digital coupons faithfully at Kroger. Don't get too many of the BOGO ones but really like the 5X ones. I also watch for the buy 5 get more of a discount too. Makes you spend more money up front but saves over the long haul. Was tickled pink to pay under $4 for gas this morning at Kroger with my Kroger points.

Thank you for the hummingbird pictures Pollyanna. They are so much fun to watch!

Is anyone close enough to feel the two earthquakes this morning in Columbia, SC? I heard that they were felt all the way up to Charlotte, NC.

anyone close enough to feel the two earthquakes this morning in Columbia, SC? I heard that they were felt all the way up to Charlotte, NC.
I didn’t know there was a earthquake in SC today- how interesting, didn’t feel it up here in MD.
I crush up some Pepperidge Farm Stuffing and add that along with some herbs de provence..the burgers stay together for me that way
I would never have thought to use stuffing mix- I usually just form ground Turkey into patties and grill w/ salt & pepper. I bet the stuffing adds a good flavor, I’m gonna try that!

Welp, just sitting here waiting for results of my Covid test…got 4 folks down w/ it. Hopefully I’m not the fifth!

Thank you, Kirby! Hooray for Kroger bargains especially on gas. Ralph's doesn't have any gas stations out here. Only Costco and Sam's Club do, and we are not members of either--expense and none in our immediate area. Dad's doctor said Covid is on the rise again here. Dad is going to try and set up his second booster asap.

Lynn, I don't make either one but definitely thank you, to PollyannaMom for sharing :)

:cheer2:Easyas!

DH and I went to the dermatologist today for routine screenings. Afterword we went to breakfast at a new place for us, Eggspectations. It was good.

Today is moving day for DD and it is pretty hot. Kids at daycare until DD gets Carter to go for his first covid shot. Paisley is enjoying peace and quiet here. We are taking them dinner and Paisley later.

I forgot, where are you going?

DH just got the call that the new tires are on his car. He is having separation anxiety so we have to go get it.

I ate at the Eggspectations in Montreal in the 90ties when I was there for a wedding. We were all attracted by the name of the restaurant and loved it!

@Bianca and Bernard How are you doing? :grouphug:

I was the laundry and cleaning queen this morning. Multiple loads and some hand washing of items. (Stopped throwing bras in the wash as they were getting ruined.) We have a lot of dog hair around once again, but not complaining. It just takes some extra effort to deal with. Cleaned two bathrooms and the kitchen. Was going to run to the supermarket but I think I’ll save that till tomorrow.

I have to make some Caprese salad we have ingredients on hand and I don’t want them to go to waste. DH and I went to Longhorn last night, have gift cards on hand for there always. Have to figure out some meals for the weekend. Salad, for sure, as we have lots of lettuce in the garden. Maybe hamburgers, or DD makes a great turkey burger. We’ll see.

A lot of you used the Wow emoji for my post above about the ink. I was shocked too. I started to throw out the sales slip today, then figured I’d take a picture to show you. Sorry it’s crinkled.

Ink $45.99 plus MA sales tax @6.25% = $48.87 each! (When not too long ago they were $30-something! 😬) @Target.

View attachment 680539

Wishing everyone a nice upcoming holiday weekend! 🐥

I've been better. I've been sick the last week, like literally sick. I've chugged 2 bottles of Mucinex so far; it's the only thing that is touching this. I have tested negative at home 4 times (2 different brands of tests) and once at Walgreens, so it's definitely a cold. Started as a sinus infection, morphed into a throat/upper chest congestion. Today is the first day in a week that I've felt remotely like doing anything.
Still coughing some, and I've gone through 4 boxes of tissues in 4 days. I still went out and mowed the front and back yards, and most of the way back, except where it angles too much for me to wrestle the mower up; cleaned the whole house, top to bottom; and I've only skipped making dinner once this week. (pizza) Oiy, the mowing about killed me. DH couldn't do it, since he had to work extra all week, and DS was with him at work every day.

I haven't shared it with DH or DS (who is back home now). he's starting a course at the local college to get a drafting certificate. He decided that earning $20 an hour, in the a/c and not having to deal with customers is a great option at 18). He can get the cert in less than 9 months (it's a 9 mo course, but self paced, so he could probably get it in done in 3-4 months if he put his nose on it), and we told him we'd cover his credit card bill and his needs for that time, plus help him buy a wardrobe for work (and he would be just riding with DH) OR he could take his time, but he would need to get a part time job if he's not doing school full time. Same plan we had in place in January, before DD#2 interfered and got him to move to Cali.

Mentally, still not feeling the US right now; seems it got a little worse today.

DD#2 turns 29 tomorrow; and next week, she goes in to get some tests done. TMI:::::::: She had a neg pap a few years ago; another last year in Oki; and one a few weeks ago. The Gyn said that it could be just cysts, or pre-cancerous cells or cancer; they won't know until they go in and do some scrapings. She has a...um...sounds like colonoscopy...uh....coloscopy? I cannot remember if that was it....next week. The gyn in Cali at Pendleton said that it should have been done in Oki last year; was not happy about it at all.

So, yeah, dealing with all that. Thanks for asking. I've been stopping in and reading, but I've been doing it on my phone, cause I've been too exhausted to sit at my desk, and I HATE trying to type on the Dis on my phone, so...
Re: printers. DH said next time we get a printer, we're getting one of the ecotank ones. No ink cartridges; just a bottle that loads the tank, so you only fill it enough to use, so it doesn't dry out. We don't print very often anymore, so this would work great for us.

Everyone and everything else seems to be going ok.
((huggles)) to all who need them.
@lynxstch I use Stove Top cornbread stuffing in turkey burgers. Makes them taste a little like Thanksgiving, haha.
Time to go chug some more Mucinex, and take a hot steam shower. Then I'll be off to bed. Have a good night, y'all.

Your post, Judique, reminded me to say that I also like the name Eggspectations. So glad both you and Carol have enjoyed tasty meals there. Eggspectations should somehow be part of the DL Easter Eggs-travaganza Egg Hunt ::MickeyMo

:grouphug:❤️🐥🙏dear B%B hundred-fold! How awful to be going through so much all that once :( I'm so very sorry. Thank you for trusting in us all to share and let us support you, too! We care and are here.

Have a brighter night everyone. Carol. I hope the move went smoothly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter