Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

OT just left. Shay and a girl she's training were here for an hour. She was going to discharge him today, but since he has a follow up ortho appt tomorrow..she asked us to get written orders from them on how much he can lift, if he can do resistance exercises etc. She is going to come back Mon or Tues and give him a list of more exercises if they write the order , and then she will discharge him. Just waiting for Matt from PT to get here now. It's supposed to rain soon, so I hope he's here at noon , then we can do the outside step before it rains. It's 82 and it says our high will be 84, but we'll see.

Just talked to sister in law, and we are going to do the market shopping tomorrow after his appt, which stepdaughter is taking us to. Then a stop at CVS for the last of his 4 scrips (of course 3 of them are the $$$ ones :( ) and then Sister in law will pick me up and we will go do errands when it's cooler out. She made the mistake of going to Morgantown on Monday for Drs appts, when they were yesterday, so they had to drive all the way back there again. She was here at 7 am to drop off farmers market produce..and then went to Morgantown. One appt was at 10..the other at 4,,yet they didn't get home till 11 last nite? She has a lot of shopping and eating out to report on,,lol!

Good Morning Everyone :grouphug: to all and Happy Wednesday (I already keep wanting to say Thursday lol)

Just love and prayers to each of you for a good day. I slept better last night, too. Praying all goes well for dad at his appointment this morning. Tomorrow I see my dentist for the last time before he retires. I am so praying he has a referral for me. He's truly been such a Blessing and I will sure miss his kindness and great care!

I shall check in later.

Matt from PT was here for over an hour..and I should have known he would be sneaky. Came in and first thing he did was tell Mr L..that he was going to try walking with his cane today instead of the walker! And he did..walked from his chair in the living room into the kitchen with it. A little shaky, but thats the first time he's used it in more than 2 months! Then we did the outside step with no problem,,then brought the stepper in and set it on the 6" height by the kitchen counter and hubby did that 6x with each leg. Then walked the length of the counter with 1 hand 2x. Then walked back to the living room with the cane. That was a huge deal for him today!

Matt is coming again on Monday..we get him 2x next week , then 2x the next and then that will be the end of home care, but it was so good to have them here at all!

It got cloudy like it was going to rain, now the sun is out again. Temp is now 86 and very very muggy feeling out there.

Neighbors son just finished weedwacking..and will mow on Friday, weather permitting. My back is saying thank you to me for not doing it..lol!

I'm not sure what has gotten into my dogs lately about getting up early.

One of our dogs was uptight all night and it was so out of character for him...he usually hits the hay and he's done till about 5 or so, but last night he was up barking and barking. At what, who knows! Our other dogs is the more uptight one, and he wasn't barking at all. My husband says ghost in the kitchen. I say if there is a ghost in the kitchen I hope it unloads the dishwasher for me!

I get my 2nd vaccine jab today and Im looking forward to my arm falling completely off.

If by falling off you mean pain similar to first shot, I had a real achy arm after the first one but not so much as a twinge after the second one. And I got the shot in the same arm/place. Good luck, hope you feel okay.

And he did..walked from his chair in the living room into the kitchen with it.

Nice! Good job, I'm sure he's glad to be making such good progress. Hope his ortho goes okay tomorrow.

Got done my running around, and even managed to stop at the tractor place to pick up a part we needed. Husband has been underneath various industrial generators at a military installation for the last 2 days so I'm presuming he won't feel like crawling under the tractor tonight - but that's fine. It can wait another day or so. Dinner this evening will be a hodge podge of leftover lamb and leftover pork loin. Probably w/ a salad.

Eldest has had his settlement date postponed for a month, but it is what it is. We warned him it would probably go this way w/ new construction. We can't wait to have our house back!

Juggling the new vaccine mandates and trying to figure out how they apply to us and our employees has given me the headaches of all headaches. Not a single thing (for us) is in black & white. Just trying to do our best and stay the course for the time being, which I'm guessing a LOT of small companies are doing.

I'm hoping we get a bit of rain this afternoon or evening, but not so sure we will. I think there is a higher chance of rain tomorrow. We could use it, hope we get it.

Good Wednesday evening all!

Got my flu shot yesterday while I was at the doctor. Slightly tender now but I don't notice it unless I rub my arm. PT called me today for my first visit. Trying to work around Lou Lou's schedule will be hard but I'm sure that we will be able to figure out something.

Good morning all. Cloudy and dark out now, but not calling for rain. Have to get moving, hubbys appt is at 9:30 and he just woke up. Gotta get his pills, breakfast, help him get cleaned and dressed and wait for stepdaughter

Have a nice morning..back later to check in

graphics-thursday-383478.gif

Appt went well. Xray says healing very well. No need for more follow up. Wrote a scrip for PT saying he can now put full weight on the arm, which means they can do all the exercises they want. Got to CVS and picked up scrips..when the pharmacist asst saw my total, she wasn't thinking and said 'holy sh** ' outloud,,then clamped her mouth..lol. I had warned her not to tell me the total out loud as I already knew what it was (and it wasn't cheap!). Lots of farm stands at the farmers market downtown this morning, but not one of them had any corn?

Just waiting for sis in law and niece to come and get me and take me grocery shopping..and stepdaughter got me a haircut appt for 1:30 tomorrow..I cannot wait!

70 degrees outside, but humidity is 87%,,no wonder it feels so muggy!

:banana:So thankful for continued progress for Mr. L, Lynn! I'm so sorry though about the Rx cost :( That is awful. Hooray for your upcoming haircut, enjoy that for both of us :)

I am so thankful my dentist appointment went so very well. Dentist and his wife were touched by the gifts I had brought them. best of all, I will get to see him one last time in November. At that appointment, I will also get to meet the new dentist who he assured me is very nice and that he will absolutely be sharing with her my more special dental needs (as he will with her for all his regular patients). Feel so much better about all of that.

Have a great afternoon, everyone! :)

Finally home from shopping. Left here at noon and got home at 4:00. Sister in law is the slowest shopper in the world. We did Aldi's, then Walmart..then I needed one thing from Martins (Giant). She said she needed water, so niece went in. I got my one thing, and went out..car was locked..so she must have gone in. I literally stood out there for 30 minutes waiting for them to come out..and out they come with a full cart of groceries..geez...I finally just finished putting everything away and fed cats. Now my back is aching again.

I think dinner is going to be just soup and sandwiches,,too tired to make anything else

Have a nice evening everyone!

:wave2:View from our room in the Bay Area....
this is looking toward the San Francisco airport(you can see a plane getting ready to land on the right side of the pic)...the city skyline in out there somewhere in the fog. Our friends are here with us, while and the guys are working(really hard...they've had some LONG days), us girls have been driving around the area...we didn't go into the actual city but the little downtown area of the suburbs on the outskirts of SF. We're heading home tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great night. :grouphug:

Sorry shopping took so long, Lynn. 🙏💛:hug: on your back, my friend.

Beautiful picture, AuntieMe3. I haven't been to SF in many years, hope you're having a good trip :)

Sleep well, friends.

Went to Kroger today for groceries. It took almost as long as it usually does with Lou Lou along except it was just me. There were so many people stocking and those huge carts with people pulling orders that I felt like I was running an obstacle course. Picked up some needed items for the Hurricane Ida Relief that our church is running.

Good night everyone!

Peculiar. A single mass of cloud kept me company last night as I treaded water in the pool. Clouds here in the Yuma desert can be fun...if you are into looking for shapes of animals and people, I have always wanted a hobby of photographing the shapes and posting them on line....

bow and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
Looked at clouds that way

but then what would have happen if the camera fell into the pool...is there enough rice???? But a rather boring mass to keep me company, just enough to catch the sunset gold light, which if stood on the pool decks and looked west...I could see California golden again.
Master chef finial on TV and all I could think of was the 3/4 moon sitting on the thin cloud like a pearl on the oyster shell. Nothing Blooming on TV so went to bed. woke up at 3:00 to hear the wife and our new dog having a conversation

Wife:
But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

Dog....been in oregon all its life

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Yuma
I bless the rains down in Yuma
(I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Yuma (I bless the rain)
I felt the rains down in Africa
I felt the rains down in Africa (ah, gonna take the time)
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had (ooh, ooh)

I wake up at 3:00....what are you two doing?????

wife....didn't you hear it....we just had a major cloud burst

Huh no....

well the dog wants to go back outside for more rain.....rain....laying there in bed...rain....the windows are down in the car, no wife drove it last. she loves AC......
THE TV SET IS OUT IN THE RAIN POOL SIDE!!!!!!! I jump out of the bed with the dog, who is now having a blast in the desert darkness....me i am on line....how many pound of rice does it take for a wet TV?????

And the weather man tonight

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.

@chickapinparterre - Both Sides Now is a favorite song of mine. In fact I had it on the car radio the other day while driving to my grandsons games. I love to look at the clouds for shapes and images and at times have taken pictures of them.

Today is a me day. My feet are healing which is a relief. I am staying off of them as much as possible even though I have a ton of things to do. I can look on the internet for furniture and paint colors so when I head to the in person stores I know exactly what I want. Color scheme is totally neutral. The main walls will be the same color as the kitchen with about 2 shades darker for the accent wall. Couches will be grays too. I will bring color in from accent pieces or a throw rug. My daughter did that and I really like how it looked.

Tomorrow is my little guys first football game of the season and I can't wait to see them in action and of course take a ton of pictures. I don't know if there will be any baseball this weekend but I will attend the games if there is. My mom and I disagree on this. She thinks I should stay home as the boys have parents to support them. Of course she never came to my games when I was a kid, sports mean nothing to her and they never have. It's odd because she was actually good at them when she was young. If I can show my support for the boys I will.

I have the trip to Disney in a couple of months and I have hit a transportation issue. My mom can get us to the airport but there is no one available to pick us up. My son will be on the road all week with his new job as a truck driver. My daughter doesn't know if she will be on overnights or on call but even if she is on day work she needs to be in bed before the plane lands. My mom also retires very early in the evening so I won't ask her, although she would do it, and my other daughter gets lost going around the corner. She has absolutely no sense of direction. I could park at the airport or an offsite place and of course I would make sure my car was totally empty of all things of value. Another option is staying at a hotel overnight and leaving the car there all week. Since we have a 7 AM flight that would be a great option since we would be so close although that early in the morning I can be at the airport in 15 minutes from my house. I live close to the main interstate. Have any of you stayed at hotel and left the car while you traveled or used off site parking? I am really conflicted as to what I should do.

Have a great Friday everyone,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter