Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Saturday morning. Muggy and 66 outside, going to be at least 85 today. Then 60's and 70's for the week ahead, I can't wait! Maybe my cold will be better by then and I can get outside and be able to breathe enough to tear out the garden and cut back the Echinacea from the front circular garden. Then it will be almost time to start putting away Summer decorations/bird baths, etc and getting ready for colder weather.
As for today, I have big plans,,not, lol. Helping hubby get cleaned up, stripping and remaking the bed, washing the linens, and doing a beauty treatment this afternoon. It was so nice not having to tie my hair up to sleep last nite and all I had to do this morning was run a brush though it and it looks as good as it did after the hair dressers. I may color it today , or may wait till tomorrow.
Have a nice morning everyone!

5d896338cfd3d0fd72d8b721c8551d31.jpg

Happy Saturday everyone. :sunny:

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend here in Cincy but as usual I have to work. I did work outside yesterday so my yard looks good for another week.

I made the salmon last night! I added rice and green beans for sides. It turned out really good, I'll definitely make it again. Of course I had to leave room for some Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip ice cream while I watched the Reds game later. :rolleyes:

I'm taking a class this semester to get certified for my current position at the hospital. Each chapter, we take a practice test before the actual test. These are all through a computer program, the teacher does not grade any of it. Anyway, when you take the practice test, you don't receive a grade however, it is supposed to show you what questions you got wrong (doesn't give you the correct answer) so you can go back to review the question before the test. So far I've done 6 chapters and only 2 showed me what questions were wrong. I mentioned this to the teacher and I don't think she understood what I was trying to explain, she just kept saying that I don't receive a grade. So frustrating. :headache:

QOTD -
1. Both
2. Netflix
3. Text (I hate talking on the phone)
4. Eggs
5. Weights

Have a good day!:flower1:

Came across "This or That" quiz while looking for something else, and though it might make a fun QOTD:

1. Dog or Cat? Dog. I have always had dogs and do prefer them to cats.

2. Netflix or YouTube? Netflix. I watch a few show. I rarely go on youtube.

3. Phone Call or Text? This really depends. If I have alot to say, phone call. Otherwise I prefer texting so I cam think about my response more.

4. Toast or Eggs? Toast. I love toast especially pumpernickel toast with peanut butter. Also I like light whole wheat toast with avocado.

5. Cardio or Weights? I prefer cardio. Since I walk and do yoga I am more a cardio person. I do weights for arm exercises every day but it is not alot of my workout.

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday all. Got home yesterday evening, went to bed late and up early for the parade this morning. This year's theme was Honoring Hometown "Super"Hero's. Our float honored cancer survivors, which is what we do every year. :o We had a sign for survivors to please stand up and we had many people get a little emotional with our cheering/recognition of them. :lovestruc Lots of people out watching this year compared to the last parade in 2019...probably because it was canceled and the first "big" thing to happen here in our area in the last year and a half. I didn't take any pictures like I usually do but I'll see if I can get one from a friend to share. Now were getting ready to head out to the park to enjoy the rest of the festivities, followed with fireworks.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the night.

Here's a pic I took on our LONG. LONG. drive home yesterday. :laughing: Almost home and we go through an area with tons of these wind mills. I just thought it looked cool with them in the background of that farm.

:hug:AuntieMe3. I would love to see a picture of your float. Thank you, my friend, for doing that. I just talked with a friend of mine who volunteers every year for Relay for Life. I told Barbara that post pandemic, I would absolutely love to help with that in some way, and I sure would!

Quiet Saturday here which is nice.

🌷to each of you with a hug, too :)

92 degrees here..almost unbearably hot outside. I took a long relaxing hot bath, and am going to make dinner and then not move the rest of the nite. My back isn't as bad as it was, but I am being extra careful of it. Stepdaughter just messaged that her younger sons car got a broken fuel line on his way to work at Walmart today. She is waiting for a friend to see if he can fix it , before she has to call a tow truck. I don't see anyone replacing a fuel line in a hot blacktop parking lot in 92 degree weather. Told you, if she didn't have bad luck, she would have no luck at all
Have a nice nite everyone

Happy Saturday all. Got home yesterday evening, went to bed late and up early for the parade this morning. This year's theme was Honoring Hometown "Super"Hero's. Our float honored cancer survivors, which is what we do every year. :o We had a sign for survivors to please stand up and we had many people get a little emotional with our cheering/recognition of them. :lovestruc Lots of people out watching this year compared to the last parade in 2019...probably because it was canceled and the first "big" thing to happen here in our area in the last year and a half. I didn't take any pictures like I usually do but I'll see if I can get one from a friend to share. Now were getting ready to head out to the park to enjoy the rest of the festivities, followed with fireworks.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the night.

Here's a pic I took on our LONG. LONG. drive home yesterday. :laughing: Almost home and we go through an area with tons of these wind mills. I just thought it looked cool with them in the background of that farm.
View attachment 605707
As a Survivor, THANK YOU :goodvibes :flower3:

Good Saturday morning. Muggy and 66 outside, going to be at least 85 today. Then 60's and 70's for the week ahead, I can't wait! Maybe my cold will be better by then and I can get outside and be able to breathe enough to tear out the garden and cut back the Echinacea from the front circular garden. Then it will be almost time to start putting away Summer decorations/bird baths, etc and getting ready for colder weather.
As for today, I have big plans,,not, lol. Helping hubby get cleaned up, stripping and remaking the bed, washing the linens, and doing a beauty treatment this afternoon. It was so nice not having to tie my hair up to sleep last nite and all I had to do this morning was run a brush though it and it looks as good as it did after the hair dressers. I may color it today , or may wait till tomorrow.
Have a nice morning everyone!
Your cold isn’t any better yet? Are you sure it’s a cold? A little worried about you. 😕

Peculiar. A single mass of cloud kept me company last night as I treaded water in the pool. Clouds here in the Yuma desert can be fun...if you are into looking for shapes of animals and people, I have always wanted a hobby of photographing the shapes and posting them on line....

bow and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
Looked at clouds that way

but then what would have happen if the camera fell into the pool...is there enough rice???? But a rather boring mass to keep me company, just enough to catch the sunset gold light, which if stood on the pool decks and looked west...I could see California golden again.
Master chef finial on TV and all I could think of was the 3/4 moon sitting on the thin cloud like a pearl on the oyster shell. Nothing Blooming on TV so went to bed. woke up at 3:00 to hear the wife and our new dog having a conversation

Wife:
But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

Dog....been in oregon all its life

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Yuma
(I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Yuma (I bless the rain)
I felt the rains down in Africa
I felt the rains down in Africa (ah, gonna take the time)
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had (ooh, ooh)

I wake up at 3:00....what are you two doing?????

wife....didn't you hear it....we just had a major cloud burst

Huh no....

well the dog wants to go back outside for more rain.....rain....laying there in bed...rain....the windows are down in the car, no wife drove it last. she loves AC......
THE TV SET IS OUT IN THE RAIN POOL SIDE!!!!!!! I jump out of the bed with the dog, who is now having a blast in the desert darkness....me i am on line....how many pound of rice does it take for a wet TV?????

And the weather man tonight

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

Peculiar. A single mass of cloud kept me company last night as I treaded water in the pool. Clouds here in the Yuma desert can be fun...if you are into looking for shapes of animals and people, I have always wanted a hobby of photographing the shapes and posting them on line....

bow and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
Looked at clouds that way

but then what would have happen if the camera fell into the pool...is there enough rice???? But a rather boring mass to keep me company, just enough to catch the sunset gold light, which if stood on the pool decks and looked west...I could see California golden again.
Master chef finial on TV and all I could think of was the 3/4 moon sitting on the thin cloud like a pearl on the oyster shell. Nothing Blooming on TV so went to bed. woke up at 3:00 to hear the wife and our new dog having a conversation

Wife:
But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

Dog....been in oregon all its life

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
(I bless the rain)
I bless the rains down in Yuma (I bless the rain)
I felt the rains down in Africa
I felt the rains down in Africa (ah, gonna take the time)
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had (ooh, ooh)

I wake up at 3:00....what are you two doing?????

wife....didn't you hear it....we just had a major cloud burst

Huh no....

well the dog wants to go back outside for more rain.....rain....laying there in bed...rain....the windows are down in the car, no wife drove it last. she loves AC......
THE TV SET IS OUT IN THE RAIN POOL SIDE!!!!!!! I jump out of the bed with the dog, who is now having a blast in the desert darkness....me i am on line....how many pound of rice does it take for a wet TV?????

And the weather man tonight

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all
Riff on,my man!

I started to post some pics earlier, but got sidetracked.

From Food and Wine

Hawaii
Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts - so good!
Aulani Sunrise: Vodka, Dole Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine
In the rain! :umbrella:

AA1B82E7-5CC9-4D96-94A6-2C1C42844514.jpeg

Not pictured, the Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicey Mayonnaise :lovestruc
(I ate it too fast before I got a picture! :lmao: Was first stop, and I was hungry!)

Australia
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pinapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas. Yum
(I ate half - well, DS and I did; shared almost everything with him - before I remembered to take a shot of it, lol.)

F315C793-BF8A-4951-892F-A7EBEF3B0614.jpeg

A106FCD6-C1F3-4FCA-8D2D-9AE816BB24DD.jpeg

Some friendly visitors

49A095A3-A69F-4F99-89B9-978FCE090F5C.jpeg

Canada
Canadian Cheddar and Bacon Soup with Pretzel Roll
Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignonette with Truffle-Butter Sauce

57472274-DD60-4ADE-88C3-A381242B2556.jpeg

I love the flowers in Canada

84564E83-D1B3-45B2-B5BB-FC3F757EF52F.jpeg

6DAE1414-00DE-4595-BAE2-45D5596848B9.jpeg

i can’t find the name of these but I think one is an apple crisp of some sort, and the drink had booze in it with marshmallows and came with the souvenir cup, lol. DD and DS got these, and shared. (I didn’t really like the drink!)
This was underneath the Canada Pavilion in something called Appleseed Orchard

Wait! I found it! It’s an Apple Crumble Tart, and an Apple Blossom Sky: Fanta Apple, Ginger Beer, Floodwall Apple Brandy, Maple Syrup and Mini Marshmallows

C7050C93-5AEC-4F14-9276-619623FD65E8.jpeg

These guys were good, playing drums on what looked like stoves, in Canada. (Video was better.)

5E88D2F0-4C35-4464-8DD0-1CD3A034AA01.jpeg

DH and I shared some Fish and Chips (with malt) from England
After that, I was done for a while.

0A940D23-2387-4720-AD71-29B27B3EE8AA.jpeg

I hope to go to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot one day!

DS and DSF took me to brunch this morning. We had planned to meet at Cane Russo in the Deep Ellum area just south east of the downtown Dallas area but the traffic was so bad due to accidents and whatever so DS said how about Maple Leaf Cafe just north of Dallas which has some Canadian fare but the traffic was bad in that direction also. Third time is the charm and we met at Ida Claire way up in far northwest Dallas. I live on the east side of Dallas and DS lives northwest of Dallas. Takes a good hour to get to his house if the traffic is good. Anyway, since it was so last minute, DS did not pay attention if the menu had gluten free options for his fiance. They didn't for the most part and she didn't have much to choose from. I had quiche with potato hash and a salad. Let's just say that the quiche was spot on. It was nice to see them though.

I've been wanting some new tennis shoes. Want to change out my wardrobe some. Tennis shoes seem to be the most comfortable to wear anymore. On the way home from brunch, I stopped at Rack Room shoes. They were having a buy one get one half off. I found two pair of Asics. Those seem to fit me better than any other brand right now.

When I got home DH wanted to know if I wanted to go get a burger so off we went to Wells. I got a breakfast burger with bacon, cheese and an egg with fries. DH got a Blu burger with blue cheese, bacon, pickles and a peanut sauce. He said that it was pretty good. We both agreed though that Snuffers has the best burgers in town. We would have went there but we just wanted something a little different.

Sheets have been changed on the bed and washed, towels are washing now. Cleaned our bathroom and vacuuming was done yesterday. I'll have a fairly free Sunday tomorrow. Looking forward to going to church.

Oh yeah, thought I would tell you, DD said that her problem child in her class behaved himself (for the most part) Thursday and Friday. She doesn't know what changed but was grateful to actually be able to teach those days.

Good to see you Owlpost.

Great pictures, Pea, love the landscape with flower photo. Thank you for sharing :)

Lynn, of course we are concerned about you! We all care :grouphug: You just continue to feel better, please.

All-around very good news, Kirby! So glad you and your DH and other family got together and enjoyed some tasty food. Prayers continued for your DD, the little boy, and, of course, all the other kiddos, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter