Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Jasper did indeed come back from the groomer all spruced up and happy. He likes to be good looking. The groomer said he was calmer than usual. It must be old age.

Politics is an issue in our family. DH and I are mostly in agreement but I have argued with both sons this week. They are not dear sons right now. LOL! I finally had to tell them that they need to respect others opinions even if they do not agree. Older son agreed but younger son kept on going. No more politics when we talk. I am banning it. We get together on Sunday for older son's 35th birthday. I will play with the grandkids and ignore any controversy.

I can't wait to go to North Conway in a couple of weeks. They showed pictures of the foliage in Lincoln NH on the Weather Channel this morning. It is pretty much at peak which is very early. They did say the dry conditions may bring peak foliage early this year. We go every year at the same time and each year it is different. We have seen peak foliage and empty branches. We'll see what we get this year.

Happy Thursday!

@Snowysmom that is where we honeymooned, the White Mountains, late September. And it was beautiful! We hiked the rivers and mountains. And we had our German Shepherd with us! A friend let us use their trailer as I was still in school. Kids had a couple of trips up there this summer; we had two trips to the Lakes area where I have family. I love both areas. 😍 I have been seeing a lot of beautiful pictures of NH on Instagram.

Happy Thursday! And I think it really is Thursday now.

I went to meet a friend from church to get a key from her. We took a socially distanced walk around her neighborhood for about 30 minutes to catch up on life. It was very nice.

@apirateslifeforme , I hate when I can't sleep like that. And I know what you mean about you mind going a mile a minute.

And for the other side of distance learning. My son-in-law is a middle school teacher. DD was trying to describe when they go hybrid in a few weeks. I had no idea what she was talking about describing cohorts and sections and who was in school when. Currently he is actively zooming the entire school day so can't grade or plan until after school hours. It must be exhausting.

@flyingdumbo127 , cute dog.

No problem discussing politics with DD, DS, or their spouses. We are all on the same page. Can't say the same for my brother or my son-in-law's parents. And my sister-in-law didn't think she would even vote because she doesn't like the choices. DH and I jumped on her for that.

Another beautiful day here,,high temp of 70. We did a couple of errands this morning , and noticed that the trees are getting some nice color. Unusual here the last couple of years, first too wet, then too hot, then too dry. Must have been the right combination. My birthday dinner is cooking..ribeyes on the grill , loaded mashed potatoes, garden tomato and steamed broccoli. Picked up some 'peanut butter explosion' desserts at Martins earlier today. Have a lovely evening everyone! I hope you all sleep well tonite!

DD#2 and I picked up a wine advent calendar from Winn Dixie this morning. We sacrificed the calendar part to see what all was in it, in case someone else is thinking about it. I present: the W/D wine calendar:
part 2:

Attachments

• z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2
  • z6.jpg
    z6.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2
  • z7.jpg
    z7.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 2
  • z8.jpg
    z8.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2
And DD#2 brought me some gifts! The soldiers is a music box.
(and a cute Mickey shirt, but no picture, oops)

Happy to have DGS#2 here. Four year olds are so fun. He says thanks, he appreciates ____ all the time. Also, if he wants to do something, he says "I have my intentions"...

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3
  • zzzzz.jpg
    zzzzz.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
@flyingdumbo127 The doggie is so cute.

I love the drone video. That is what I saw on the Weather Channel. I guess we will be on the late side of foliage season this year. The valleys may still have alot of color.

Thankfully it is Friday. It has been a long busy week. Busy weekend coming up with making 2 birthday cakes, one dairy free. Plus I have a mammogram tomorrow morning. It will be a different experience from last year for sure. We are going out for BBQ tonight. It will be nice to relax a bit.

Happy weekend everyone!

Our thread is really slipping :(

I hope each of you are having a good Friday. It's not yet 3pm here and 97 :P Hoping for cooler weather next week. Truly no complaints, so grateful and Blessed to have a/c.

Other Friday Gratitude:

Clean laundry
A text from a friend and kind messages from others

I went outside this morning to move my car back across the street for next week's street sweeping. Evergreen 🌲 looked so full and healthy, praise God.

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been working on my 'before Winter to do list', and I have been so tired by the time I'm done, that I almost fell asleep just trying to catch up on reaeding the threads. It only got to 62 here today, will be down to 41 tonite. I did manage to get laundry done today, and dinner was leftovers. We had rib eye steaks last nite for my birthday and they were soooo good (we don't eat steak often, lol). I cooked them on the grill and they were a perfect medium rare (more on the rarer side for mine!). We each have 1/2 of one for leftovers. Tomorrow is grocery and errand day, and then I plan on doing nothing the rest of the weekend. I hope everyone had a nice week, and that you all have a great weekend.

@flyingdumbo127 --I don't like 62 for a high, but I really don't envy you the 97 degrees either! Heating company called this morning, and they ordered the furnace, but are having an issue getting the central ac unit. They asked if we would mind if it was a different brand than the furnace..they are getting us a better brand and model for the same price,,and they pretty much look alike. All I know is I want it all installed before it gets too cold. Apparently they have to construct a concrete pad for the ac unit outside, and they have to have kind of warm weather to do it. I don't want to have to wait till Spring to get it installed! Happy Friday evening everyone!

I'm disappointed. I was planning to host a joint birthday dinner this coming Sunday for DSIL, DS, and DDIL. Meal planned. Food bought. House cleaned today. Luckily I did not start baking or cooking. DGD has a cold she shared with her family and we try not to share with DDIL who has CF. DS works at the White House which is now a hot spot, and he also now has to work Sunday when he was supposed to be off. We had to cancel. :( I understand why and totally agree but am still bummed.

We tried to watch, online, the launch of the Anteres rocket from Wallops Island last night. It was aborted as 2 minutes before lift off. Going to try again tonight.

I'll come back when I am more upbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter