Quantum OTS : What cruising might look like in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

First and foremost : I apologize in advance if this has been posted before. (Feel free to remove if that was the case).

I have found a video of a sailing on Quantum of the Seas where all the precautions taken to protect guests from COVID are very well explained. I thought some of you might appreciate it:

As you can see, it‘s a little bit different from what we are all used to...

That being said, I can’t wait to go back on a cruise ship so I’m perfectly fine with all of it! (As long as I have a verandah cabin!)

Last edited:
Hi!

First and foremost : I apologize in advance if this has been posted before. (Feel free to remove if that was the case).

I have found a video of a sailing on Quantum of the Seas where all the precautions taken to protect guests from COVID are very well explained. I thought some of you might appreciate it:

As you can see, it‘s a little bit different from what we are all used to...

That being said, I can’t wait to go back on a cruise ship so I’m perfectly fine with all of it!
This looks about as appealing to me as a cruise on the Hindenburg.

Agreed. It looks so unappealing. Whether a person agrees with extreme measures or not, its hard to image enjoying cruising in those conditions.

I think it looks worst than it really is, just because it’s showing one measure after another.

I have to admit that I probably wouldn’t cruise without a balcony, though.

Socially distanced pool loungers and wearing a mask on the pool deck are deal breakers for us. We cruise the fantasy to spend the week on deck 13.

I feel sorry for the crew members with all the extra cleaning they have to do.
It's a good workaround for now, and I for one would be willing to put up with the inconvenience if it meant I could cruise. I didn't see anything in the video that would make me say "no way, not doing that".

I wouldn't have a problem with any of that. I have to say that not having to dodge people on the pool deck to reach an empty lounger is quite appealing to me actually.

I mean, I'd love to know what's so 'disturbing' and 'extreme' about it? I've seen a lot of disturbing things in my life and this is far from one of them 🤣

Anyway, I have lifeguard, cruise staff, sports staff and youth staff friends onboard right now and they're loving it! With the exception of masks and a tap of the card here and there and temperature checks, not much has changed for guests. (If anything some things have improved - you wouldn't get a private North start ride before)

For youth staff, they say not much has changed at all apart from masks. No shoes, hand washing and a thorough clean every 3 hours had always been the norm. They just have less kids because there's less of them onboard.

Sports staff are loving life because again there's less people, and while they spend extra time sanitising, they're not getting the abuse from people because they have to wait or missed sign up or their kids not tall enough.

I've been told overall that the guests seem the happiest and quite positive even though there's changes. They get really positive feedback, even when they had to go back early because of the suspected covid case. Maybe its cultural or maybe thats because non of the dramatic ones and rule pushers are willing to risk because the Singapore government has consequences for those that try (like the big group who took their masks off and posted them on social media) 🤷‍♀️

Overall I'm far from offended or disturbed by this clip.

However, if I had money and if I was allowed to cruise I would consider it, as it would be a break from the many who think they are better than everyone and don't need to follow rules back at home lol!
Plus walk ons for everything, no one kicking my chair in theatre, actually having space in the dining room and not sitting on the strangers next to you, loads of space by the pool, extra clean room 👍

However, if I had money and if I was allowed to cruise I would consider it, as it would be a break from the many who think they are better than everyone and don't need to follow rules back at home lol!
Are you sure you understand their motives lol?

I feel sorry for the crew members with all the extra cleaning they have to do.
It's a good workaround for now, and I for one would be willing to put up with the inconvenience if it meant I could cruise. I didn't see anything in the video that would make me say "no way, not doing that".
We felt that way on the last WBPC cruise. There were people stationed at all the stairways who, all day long, climbed up and down the stairs cleaning the handrails.

Do I need to?
I'd be on a ship far away from them, enjoying my freedom to travel and be cooked for and waited on, and enjoy shows and activities and have my room cleaned 😁👍
Ah. Paradise. Vacation away from the bad people. Lol

This just is too much planning for the type of cruise experience we like to have as a family.
But I am behind being overall cleaner and less self serve!

I understand the need to vacation and cruise, we've had many sailings cancelled and many WDW/DLR trips postponed...But at this point..What's a little bit longer till things are a *little* more normal? At least, that's how we're looking at it! We have a sailing booked for Sept '21 that I swore was in the safe zone and now I'm looking at different itineraries for early 2022 for when this one gets chopped.

yeah nope, not spending all that money to wear masks basically the whole time and to not have many if any pictures of my kids faces enjoying their trip...sorry I can wait it out.

I feel like there are plenty of pictures opportunities (where you can remove masks) to remove masks: in the cabin, on the verandah (if you have one), at the dining table, in the pool, during excursions...

I feel like there are plenty of pictures opportunities (where you can remove masks) to remove masks: in the cabin, on the verandah (if you have one), at the dining table, in the pool, during excursions...

Good luck with that, look at Disney as is not many. And for us on DCL the pool is where we spend the least amount of time. All the activities around the ship nope won't be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter