QS at Resorts

DisneydoneWright

Earning My Ears
If I wanted to try a QS at one of the resorts can I drive my own car and park there? Or, would I need to take Disney transportation? Thinking about trying Mara at AKL and thinking through logistics on getting there...we will have a car and I would prefer to drive.

Actually might depend on the resort you visiting. I've been turned away at the Wilderness Lodge for wanting eat at Geyser Point

Yep, some resorts have issues with parking.

I am glad that Art of Animation and POFQ will let me park for a surf and surf burger and shrimp and grits, respectively. Highly recommended. :)

Sure you can drive your own car if you wish.
Personally I'd use Disney's transportation even if I had a car.

We drove to Mara for dinner last year and it was no problem parking at AKL. The kids really enjoyed walking around AKL. The food was fine but nothing special, to be honest, and the ordering process was a bit of a pain. But they have probably changed that process twice since we went.

We were turned away from Beach Club once, a few years ago, when we said we wanted to park there to walk around and use our dining plan credits on a quick service. Maybe they figured we were actually trying to walk the back way into Epcot, which we weren't; or maybe they were just short on parking spots at the time.

Yes, it will depend on the resort. The monorail resorts have now turned me away for dining without an ADR and another for wanting to do some shopping at the GF. We've since not bothered with trying to visit those resorts without just taking the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter