Puttin' out an idea....

The Rainy Day Ducks

Earning My Ears
Hey there,

Paying for our Disney trips is what it's all about here.... right?

Well, we have a small side business to help fund our Disney trips. I'm sure some you do as well.

Now, I fully understand why we can't advertise here on the forums. (And please note that I am not linking to my website in any way.) I would not want these forums to become some Craigslist kind of thing. I think we all like Dis just the way it is....

But, I would like some way to get the word out about our little website. We are just trying to earn money for our trip, so of course we're not going to be buying advertising space...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what about a special place where people can talk about their little businesses? Maybe a side forum kind of thing.

I love this idea! I have a home-based business, and would love the chance to network with other people...not just for advertising, but for moral support and to share ideas! :cool1:

I love this idea! I have a home-based business, and would love the chance to network with other people...not just for advertising, but for moral support and to share ideas! :cool1:

Same here. Not to sell (for me personally) stuff, but to exchange ideas, advice.

:headache:

Hey there,

Paying for our Disney trips is what it's all about here.... right?

Well, we have a small side business to help fund our Disney trips. I'm sure some you do as well.

Now, I fully understand why we can't advertise here on the forums. (And please note that I am not linking to my website in any way.) I would not want these forums to become some Craigslist kind of thing. I think we all like Dis just the way it is....

But, I would like some way to get the word out about our little website. We are just trying to earn money for our trip, so of course we're not going to be buying advertising space...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what about a special place where people can talk about their little businesses? Maybe a side forum kind of thing.

The DIS will never create a thread for you to be able to talk about your side business because they have paid advertising on this site. They make money off ppl buying ad space. They won't ever give you a forum for advertising your website for FREE. A lot of ppl might want that, but you can bet you won't get it. If you have an Etsy business you can put your Etsy name in your DIS signature and lead ppl towards your Etsy page, but other than that there is really no place for advertising without paying for it.

Why not create a board on yahoo or someplace like that to discuss small businesses, or google small business forums and you might find a few that would be perfect for you. Good luck to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter