Purchasing another contract resale. Thinking about adding adult son to new contract. Question about membership numbers.

to be tink

Mouseketeer
Currently my husband and I have a resale BWV contract and a Poly bought through Disney. They are both the same use year so we only have one membership number and we have blue membership cards. We are thinking about purchasing a 3rd resale contract that would have the same use year. But I was thinking about adding my adult son to that contract. If I did that, would it create a new membership number? I realize the new contract would have all kinds of restrictions but was hoping to get my son a blue card for when he travels without us for access to discounts and such.

Currently my husband and I have a resale BWV contract and a Poly bought through Disney. They are both the same use year so we only have one membership number and we have blue membership cards. We are thinking about purchasing a 3rd resale contract that would have the same use year. But I was thinking about adding my adult son to that contract. If I did that, would it create a new membership number? I realize the new contract would have all kinds of restrictions but was hoping to get my son a blue card for when he travels without us for access to discounts and such.
Unfortunately, yes, if the new contract is titled differently it will create a new membership, as if you were two different owners. To use both sets of points together you'd have to transfer from one membership to the other.

The new contract would have a different membership number.The contract has to have same names and same use year.adding your son to a resale contract would not get him a blue card.If you added his name to the Poly contract he would get a blue card.

The new contract would have a different membership number.The contract has to have same names and same use year.adding your son to a resale contract would not get him a blue card.If you added his name to the Poly contract he would get a blue card.
Paul is correct. You could add your son to the Poly contract to get him a blue card, or you could buy a new direct contract with him as an owner, but you'd still end up with two membership numbers.

Thanks! I thought that would be the case. But I always check here first!

Unfortunately, yes, if the new contract is titled differently it will create a new membership, as if you were two different owners. To use both sets of points together you'd have to transfer from one membership to the other.
Or simply book two separate but linked reservations. Use one contract for the first part of the stay and the other contract for the second part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter