PTR: First family holiday to the U.S.A-loving the tiny queues!!!!

Just had to say :ONE MONTH TO GO!! (although 4 weeks and 2 days sounds better):hyper:
This time next month we'll be 2 hours into our flight to San Francisco. Can't wait!!! No sure why the ticker says 1 month and 1 day...could it be the time difference?

Ta for that. Yes, we are aware of this. Eldest has just finished puberty lessons at school so is quite interested the whole male/ female thing:ssst: We try to be as honest as we can be (within reason of course) so we're semi prepared for it.

Yup! It's counting the extra groundhog day.

:hourglass Time will pass very quickly now. Looking forward to following along and hearing all about it during/when you get back!

Please remember to take lots of food pics :smokin:

Try and not be disappointed with Legoland if you can. It's dirty and run down and your oldest may find some of the rides a bit 'lame' - DSthen10 couldn't believe he had to ride with an adult on some of the rides after he'd been allowed to ride on his own at Knotts and Disney! Or if he rode on his own it'd be set to 'mild'. IMO Legoland is not worth the money for what you get (or don't get).

And if you take offence at my Legoland comments because you love Legoland, that is okay :) I'm all phenerganed up and can't think straight :faint:

Have a great trip :worship:

Marlea, I agree with you wholeheartedly about Legoland. We were so disappointed. I think if you go, you need to do it before Disneyland, or not at all.
Although when I asked the kids (ages 8 and 10) what they thought of Legoland, talking to someone I was trying to discourage going, they said 'It was awesome. Soooo fun'. I guess it's really the memories that count, not the reality!!

aussie shaz said:
Marlea, I agree with you wholeheartedly about Legoland. We were so disappointed. I think if you go, you need to do it before Disneyland, or not at all.
Although when I asked the kids (ages 8 and 10) what they thought of Legoland, talking to someone I was trying to discourage going, they said 'It was awesome. Soooo fun'. I guess it's really the memories that count, not the reality!!

My son still thought it was really fun though despite the 'lame' rides. I just noticed a lot of the displays were faded and peeling but the Star Wars ones, which were newer, were great. The food at the counters was awful :(

nzer sounds like a great trip. Your DH bike trip in Vegas sounds great. I did something similar with friends when I was last in Vegas. They had Harley's so we went on a ride through the desert and up into the mountains. The view were breath taking at some of the look outs. We also had a great time at a small biker bar (Really more of a tin shack).

Funny how all the tough bikers were lawyers and accountants. The food was great there sitting in front of an open fire (Pretty cool when we went).

Also had the opportunity to shop at the large mall just outside town. First real experience at outlet shopping in the US.

Have a great time and take plenty of photo's. Can't wait for the TR when you get back.

According to the app my 10yr old downloaded onto my phone (dont you love children), we are now only 277 hours (yes, hours) until we board our first flight. That's 11 1/2 days in normal speak. I'm sitting here thinking that surely there must be something I need to do, but all I think I have left to do is cancel the newspaper and pack. The packing will be done next weekend, so perhaps I can sit here and waste time...what have I forgotten?

It's so exciting that very soon I can look at the 10 day weather forecast for San Francisco...the weather there seems to have been what we had here this week...about 15-17 degrees with some rain :rotfl2: gotta love the summer weather we have here (I shouldn't make fun of it, because we did have 3 days of 30 degrees here last weekend)

Thanks for the heaps up about Legoland. We did umm and ahh about it but decided that since it's included in our Go San diego card, we might as well go. It'll be a oncer and we don't plan on being there all day. I am quite interested in the mini cities though.

Not long until the single digit dance...wahoooo:banana:

Air New Zealand :cheer2: After reading your trip report, I know you'll think we made the right choice. :thumbsup2

ahhhhh...kissy kissy ANZ.....oh how i miss you...

my hiku

oh air new zealand
premium economy
will love you much much......

ps: but dont tell her I'm cheating on her with qantas in feb...:rotfl:

Well, this time tomorrow we will be in Auckland with only 3 1/2 hrs until we board our flight to San Francisco!! Only one more sleep!! As I'm frantically cleaning the house, I keep saying to myself "No more housework for 5 weeks! No more housework for 5 weeks!" It certainly is helping. :cool1:

Almost got the bags packed...a few more things to iron and then that's done too.

Next job is to find the cats to take them to the cattery....hmmm, that might be fun.

Weather is looking ok for arrival...just hoping the snow isn't too bad at the Grand Canyon this time next week so we can make it through for our visit. Weird sitting in 30 degree temps this week, knowing that very soon we'll be back in our winter woolies. All good though :goodvibes

Right, might send the girls to wash their hair and have a good scrub...then I can do my last load of washing.

Have a great trip nzer! Good luck making it to Las Vegas and here's hoping the weather is mild. We all love a TR but we especially like one that includes a road trip. I look forward to reading all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter