PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

I have some free time tonight. I leave for a work trip for 2 weeks out of country, really early flight and I'm trying to stay up late to meet jet lag halfway. ANYway, I caught up on my camping log spreadsheet (yes, @tigger92662...Another spreadsheet 🤓).

As a RVing family for 4 years we just crossed the century mark on nights in a camper, 102. Also pulled our trailers over a combined 13,900 miles.

It's also interesting for me to see the difference between our 5er (Maddie) travel and TT (Patty) travel. We owned the TT a little longer, but the 5er ownership started in Feb 2020 right before COVID blew up.

I take the drop in miles per night as a signal that you are more experienced and plan shorter jaunts between stops. I never tracked my data that way, but I am still in some high miles per night thanks to disney and only going down in a 2 day span.

I'm traveling again for work, in South Korea this time. I had to get PCRd before I got on the plane and PCRd as soon as I got off the plane and stayed in quarantine until those results came back. I got out to a local restaurant today.
The pork cutlet is very similar to chicken fried <insert meat here> we're used to at home, but the breading is different in a good way. The gravy is a little sweet with soy sauce and teriyaki perhaps. I'm a sucker for the yaki mandu (fried dumplings) and the plate on the left is from the cold bar that is available to load up on while you wait for your food to come out. It's kimchi and then other vegetables prepared in a similar manner. This cost all of a whopping $8.90 US.

Also, I got a surprise when I didn't look at a bottle I bought at a convenience store. I was hustling to catch a bus from the airport so I grabbed what I thought was water...it was not.
Sweat does not taste too good. This was all I had to drink for the 2 hour bus ride. Woof.

I'm traveling again for work, in South Korea this time. I had to get PCRd before I got on the plane and PCRd as soon as I got off the plane and stayed in quarantine until those results came back. I got out to a local restaurant today.
View attachment 595510
The pork cutlet is very similar to chicken fried <insert meat here> we're used to at home, but the breading is different in a good way. The gravy is a little sweet with soy sauce and teriyaki perhaps. I'm a sucker for the yaki mandu (fried dumplings) and the plate on the left is from the cold bar that is available to load up on while you wait for your food to come out. It's kimchi and then other vegetables prepared in a similar manner. This cost all of a whopping $8.90 US.

Also, I got a surprise when I didn't look at a bottle I bought at a convenience store. I was hustling to catch a bus from the airport so I grabbed what I thought was water...it was not.
View attachment 595511
Sweat does not taste too good. This was all I had to drink for the 2 hour bus ride. Woof.

Ah, Pocari Sweat, saw that when I was in Japan, but never gave it a try. Couldn't get past the name.

Sweat does not sound appetising one bit. You would think after shopping at the Japan or China pavillion that all their drinks are sweet and tasty.....answer is, they are not.

Sweat does not sound appetising one bit. You would think after shopping at the Japan or China pavillion that all their drinks are sweet and tasty.....answer is, they are not.

Yes, some of the flavors of things are quite odd to my Midwestern boy palate. I'm half convinced that some of the stuff in the stores is just there to play jokes on out-of-towners :D

Trip got short circuited, literally. I'm writing to you from the house, now. A day earlier than anticipated on returning.

Today was a little hotter than the previous days, so the ACs were undoubtedly running a lot. We left the rig around 11 am this morning and came back around 5 pm. The power was cutting on and off. After troubleshooting, this had been happening for awhile apparently. So my batteries were nearly dead, the inverter was acting like a clown and my EMS was just unhelpful.

I tried to Google-shoot through some forums and other things, but the light was waning, my phone battery was dying, cell coverage wasn't the best, and people started asking about dinner and the rising temperature of the trailer.

I waived the white flag and packed it in. We left about 6:30 pm and got here about 9. Thankfully we were able to do everything we wanted to do in town and around. We were really excited to spend the night at the CG with only one other rig.

I'll post when I have time about the trip, because we had a lot of fun. However, tomorrow looks a lot like mow the lawn and troubleshoot a grumpy camper. Thankfully I don't go back to work until Wed.

Night, gang.

Problems camping stink.

Are you sure it is your trailer misbehaving or crappy shore power? I've been on both sides.

BTW, replaced the inverter that failed at Marceline. Went the cheap route and put in the $470 Progressive Dynamics without the charger instead of the $1500 Magnum that just failed. Just couldn't justify a $1000 battery charger when the other inverter keeps the batteries topped up.

Good luck trouble shooting. Electrical gremlins are the worst.

j

Problems camping stink.

Are you sure it is your trailer misbehaving or crappy shore power? I've been on both sides.

BTW, replaced the inverter that failed at Marceline. Went the cheap route and put in the $470 Progressive Dynamics without the charger instead of the $1500 Magnum that just failed. Just couldn't justify a $1000 battery charger when the other inverter keeps the batteries topped up.

Good luck trouble shooting. Electrical gremlins are the worst.

j

It's something in the trailer. I think there is a short or a loose connection somewhere. Had the batteries charging all day yesterday and overnight to eliminate low charge as a problem. Today I'll get out there and start picking things apart.

Nice you got your stuff going again. I would go the cheap route too in that case. It's nice to have options like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter