PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

Glad you liked Clarksville RV Park. It's decent, close to the highway and the right amount of distance when we leave after work.

We have found ATL traffic to be OK on Saturday mornings, like Kris said, driving straight through the middle. One wreck throws all that out the window though. Hopefully your GPS has traffic built in. That has saved me a number of times.

j

Good luck getting through atlanta. Unless 75 has and accident always better to go straight through the city and not around On 285. It typically has weekend construction.
Chattanooga was a dumpster fire. 24 ripped to shreds in both directions. Hoping ATL treats us quasi-nice for ATL

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately Atlanta traffic usually does win.

I was surprised how bad the traffic was for Sunday, but the 85/75 interchange was by far the most exciting. I'm a pretty laid back guy and the traffic isn't the end of the world, it's the nerve of so many of the drivers that take every inch at the total lack of care to anyone else. Special props to the Land Rover with a Virginia U sticker that cut me off at a merge and I had to panic stop with the trailer.

That fun aside...

Current situation
After a trip to the Outpost to pick up an Amazon box (a new water regulator to replace the one I left in Clarksville 🤦‍♂️) we're all set up and poolside at the Meadows pool currently.

I'll catch up yesterday, beyond the traffic, and today when I catch a breath.

Last edited:
I was surprised how bad the traffic was for Sunday, but the 85/75 interchange was by far the most exciting. I'm a pretty laid back guy and the traffic isn't the end of the world, it's the nerve of so many of the drivers that take every inch at the total lack of care to anyone else. Special props to the Land Rover with a Virginia U sticker that cut me off at a merge and I had to panic stop with the trailer..
That sounds like Atlanta, completely oblivious to the thousands of other people on the road. Glad you made it and are setup.

Enjoy and can't wait to read more about it.

Glad you made it to the pool. Sucks you forgot the water pressure regulator. Would not have been a trip killer, plus bonus you got the replacement. It was Murphy just telling you it was time for a new one.

We are 12 days to departure, tonight I guess I should start cleaning out the rest of the sand from our beach trip.....

PTP, are you going to do your At-The-Fort trip report on the main Camping Board? That's where those usually go. Not everyone who views the Camping Board hits the Camping Community Board.

You would reach more folks and encourage others to do the same (TR on the Camping Board) if you did. Even if it's not daily updates - just updates while you're there at all would be an attractive click.

It's whatever you want to do, my man. :confused3

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

PS - I know your thread title is TR and Shenanigans but you could do your updates on the Camping Board and then simply copy/paste your post while in the Edit/Create page into this one. I did that for the Pigeon Forge DISMeet posts that I made. I entered posts on the PF DISMeet thread on the Camping Board, copied the contents completely then pasted them on my Spring Retirement Trip thread. Very easy and painless to do and kept things together in both places. Or visa versa. The idea is/was Fort-related stuff went on the main board and non-Fort stuff (like a trip to the state park on a weekend) went on the Community board.

Last edited:
Good day for the pool! Warm out there. At least the humidity is low!
It was a smoker. Not a lot of shade available to hide under for the party pooper parents that weren't up for swimming today.

Glad you made it to the pool. Sucks you forgot the water pressure regulator. Would not have been a trip killer, plus bonus you got the replacement. It was Murphy just telling you it was time for a new one.
It wasn't that old, but yes a $40 mistake. I had a cheapo non-adjustable spare to get us through, but the intrepid party presses forward.

You would reach more folks and encourage others to do the same (TR on the Camping Board) if you did. Even if it's not daily updates - just updates while you're there at all would be an attractive click.

It's whatever you want to do, my man. :confused3
I'm just happy that I wasn't left on the curb or the rig didn't burn down to think where to park the TR. I'll follow suit, but you gotta give us more than that tease of a picture you left the other day.

OK, from the recommendation of the Grand Poobah, I will finish up my travels down to FW yesterday and then flip over to the Camping Board for WDW time.

Yesterday we made the trek from Clarksville to Fair Harbor RV Park (another recommendation from everyone, not too shabby). Traffic in Nashville was non-existent and set our expectations incorrectly for the rest of the trip. Chattanooga is just obliterated right now. We used to live in Savannah and made most of this trek regularly. Chattanooga was never this mean. Our many drives 24 to 75, we did know what was coming next. Atlanta did not fail to deliver. 75 between the bypass was pretty good. In the end, it was Atlanta.

We pulled into Fair Harbor RV park just after 5 pm. Our site was really convenient and we set up in a few minutes. Then we back tracked about 10 miles to the recently finished Buc-cee's up the road for dinner and fuel. Buc-cee's felt a bit like Atlanta traffic, but they are really efficient.

I had the reuben and everyone else had pulled pork sandwiches. We all had a side of beaver chips. The food is surprisingly good for gas station fare and the reasonable prices. I enjoyed the reuben, but could've passed on the pretzel bun. It added a bit too much sweetness. The pastrami was great though. Everyone else enjoyed their pulled pork.

I spent the rest of the night fighting my inverter. Literally when we pulled out of the driveway Victron pushed a firmware update and the inverter is off since. I power cycled everything, tried to access things from my phone, computer, ritual dance, etc and nothing could get things back on track. I got on the internet and found a large number of people describing the same conditions and that the firmware is jacked up. Victron is working a replacement. With that now known, I packed it in for the night.

Glad you made it in and are all settled. The kids look way to enthusiastic about those sandwiches.

Sorry to hear the inverter is now possessed. I'm guessing there is no way to set it back to factory default.

No worries. Your in the bubble. Have a great time.

j

Glad you made it in and are all settled. The kids look way to enthusiastic about those sandwiches.

Sorry to hear the inverter is now possessed. I'm guessing there is no way to set it back to factory default.

Those sandwiches were pretty good.

The fortunate thing is that the inverter still appears to be performing correctly, but I can't pull up the status of incoming power, charging status, or out going power nor can I adjust any settings. I'm forced to take it on faith it's working.

DW did forget to turn off one of the ACs this morning when we were packing up. On a cursory glance of the battery monitor app while we were driving showed that something was drawing about 1600W and the batteries would crap out in about 40 minutes. We pulled over and the rig was nice and COOL. So it's still working, it's just shy about letting me know what it's up to.

The rain is winning. Elsa is bearing down. We are checking out 2 days early from FW and scratching Jetty Park.

I managed to grab 3 days at Gulf SP. We're going to get our beach time in and still try to get our chartered fishing in. Still have to firm up the rest of the trip. It's not totally lost.

If you need/want some restaurant recommendations in Gulf Shores, any of us Gulf DISMeet folks can name our favorites! ::yes::

Ed

If you need/want some restaurant recommendations in Gulf Shores, any of us Gulf DISMeet folks can name our favorites! ::yes::

Ed

Annnnnnnd GO!

Also, anyone ever charter a fishing trip? Going to start calling around on Monday.

Last edited:
(Keeping in mind you have two young children with you .... )

DeSoto's (seafood)
Original Oyster House (seafood)
Skyliner Diner (diner/comfort food with a 50s vibe)

WalMart Supercenter just on the outskirts of the state park for groceries/whatnot.
Souvenir City (entrance is a shark's mouth) for souvenirs and tshirts GS/beach related close to DeSoto's.

Never chartered a fishing boat but most run out of Zeke's Marina in Orange Beach (the beach town to the east of GS).
https://www.zekeslanding.com/

Anybody else?

ED

PS - Scoops for ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter