PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

Trip starts soon. Can't wait.

giphy.gif

Dropping the truck into drive in just over 180 hours...but who's counting?

Eeeesh. :scared: That's still several days off then. I should have got a higher countdown gif. I can back off on my anticipation factor a few notches for a while then (but not let go completely).

Good luck with the prep.

Ed

Eeeesh. :scared: That's still several days off then. I should have got a higher countdown gif. I can back off on my anticipation factor a few notches for a while then (but not let go completely).

Good luck with the prep.

Ed

Yes, it's a few days out still. I'm really chomping at the bit, BUT I need every one of those minutes to get ready. Today went to Wally world and other spots to get some parts, beach supplies, and the like. Then spent the evening, in the 900% humidity, wrestling with 2 gauge wire under the truck for the DC-DC charger.

Still have 6 "must do" items on the departure checklist, plus another 5 "nice to do" items on top of packing. It feels like cramming for a test in college! Nothing like procrastination to motivate you.

✅✅✅ Phew it's hot again today in Kansas. But I braved the heat this morning and finished up the DC-DC charger and put a bow on Phase 2 of the electrical upgrade of the rig (Phase 3 is bigger battery bank,Phase 4 is solar).
One of the hardest part of the DC charger install was running the wires from the battery to the bed of the truck and make that always fun cut into the metal of the truck. The "Anderson Connector" on the right is where everything terminates. I have another connector dangling on the pin box to plug in when we hook up. The Amazon man owes me a dust cover for the connector still. FYI the other two ports are my 7 pin connector and a port for a camera that I have on my cargo trailer and haven't rigged up to the camper just yet.

The DC-DC charger is in the upper left of the shot. I'm not totally happy with wire management of everything here in this picture, but it works and that's the important part right now.

I did a successful test and the charger was delivering about 35 amps to the batteries to charge them. Should do great.

Now some easy annual maintenance is left like seal the roof, lube suspension, torque wheels, etc.

For Bama Ed and those counting down with me, 135 hours until wheels up.

Dang, Jack that's enough Dr Pepper for even Forest Gump!

There was a sale so she stocked up. I didn't supervise the food loadout so I don't THINK it's all in the camper, but she's a fiend for Dr. Pepper so I wouldn't be totally surprised either:duck:

I am a big Dr Pepper girl. I go everywhere with my Yeti cup full of diet DP. I do like the new zero DP. Have a fun trip to "The Fort". Watch the weather though, Around that area has had a lot of rain & flooding. I get weather updates on my phone is the only reason I know.

We pulled out of the drive a minute behind schedule at 7:01am.

We've made it to Sikeston, MO for a late lunch/early dinner at THE Home of Throwed Rolls, Lambert's Cafe.

It was a 90 min wait when we rolled in, pun intended. We're still outside about 50 numbers from our number.

Food pics to follow when we hit our stop for the night

Made it to our stopping point in Clarksville, TN (great recommendation @Teamubr) just before dark. KY DOT helped us out by having 2 30 mile stretches of one lane blocked with no construction going on at all. One was backed up for 20 minutes.

Anyway, Lambert's was good. It's not the best food on the planet, but it's all about the show and experience. The kids each caught their first rolls and barely made a dent in their meals.
Roll me! For the uninitiated, the roll guy wheels out a cart full of rolls and throws them to outstretched arms. Often with fun misses and drops.

I forgot to get a pic before I dug in, but I had the chicken fried steak.
Bub had fried chicken
DW had meatloaf and DS had pot pie.

Everyone left stuffed. The drive the rest of the way was uneventful other than the non construction construction.

Tomorrow we're attacking to be south of Atlanta so the drive on Monday is short and Atlanta traffic free

Shut down for the night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter