Property selling out?

dwbrewster

Just Goofy
I’ve looked into DVC off and on for a while, but the cost of buying in always was out of reach so I never looked at it too seriously.

We took a trip last week and talked to the DVC team and it is making more financial sense for us, but likely not in our cards until 2024. The agent expressed some slight concern that she cannot guarantee the property won’t be sold out (VGF) - obviously nothing can be guaranteed but what are the risks it sells out in the next 2 years?

I’ve looked into DVC off and on for a while, but the cost of buying in always was out of reach so I never looked at it too seriously.

We took a trip last week and talked to the DVC team and it is making more financial sense for us, but likely not in our cards until 2024. The agent expressed some slight concern that she cannot guarantee the property won’t be sold out (VGF) - obviously nothing can be guaranteed but what are the risks it sells out in the next 2 years?
it will be sold out in 2 years. So you will just have to pay more for it if you want it (if they have sold out property available) or buy resale. However, they will have something for sale. Probably the new Poly tower as well as riviera.

I take everything sales people tell me w/ a huge grain of salt, but in this case the DVC person was probably correct. If you wanted Riv & they said that I’d disagree since Riv has enough points to sell that they’ll last another 4 years at present sales rates. But VGF2 started w/ fewer points to sell & they’ve been selling at a decent clip.
I‘ve been keeping an eye on VGF2’s numbers & unless sales fall off a cliff, VGF will likely sell out mid 2023. I base that projection on the number of points left to sell & how many DVC is selling per month.
VGF2 had under 1.8 million points to sell when sales started 3/2022. As of the end of May - so in 3 months - they’d sold 393,996 of them (22.1%.) Here’s the numbers through May https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...acation-club-direct-sales-slowing-in-may-2022. There should be another article in a week or so which will have June’s numbers - & the projected sell out date will likely retreat/advance.

While VGF will probably be sold out, they will be selling Poly2 by then if you are interested in that. Also as someone mentioned above, RIV might still be on sale at that point, and Aulani will be selling for years and years. Have no fear, they will be selling something! :)

LOL. DVC is going nowhere.

Take your time. Research some more.

For few people, buying DVC is worth it. For even fewer, buying direct is worth it.

Even if whatever sells out, you can buy the next OMG GOING TO SELL OUT next time.
No doubt that there will be something is true but that is not what they asked. They asked about VGF. So I think being honest about that is appropriate instead of being condescending.

No doubt that there will be something is true but that is not what they asked. They asked about VGF. So I think being honest about that is appropriate instead of being condescending.
Thanks, I am interested in VGF because we are a family of 6 and Poly’s current rooms wouldn’t work.

I like Riviera but the resale use restrictions have me concerned it won’t hold value if I decide to sell And/or buy resale to add to my initial purchase.

Thanks, I am interested in VGF because we are a family of 6 and Poly’s current rooms wouldn’t work.

I like Riviera but the resale use restrictions have me concerned it won’t hold value if I decide to sell And/or buy resale to add to my initial purchase.
The new Poly tower will most likely have more than just studios. I can't remember if it was officially announced or not as I have no interest in buying into either Poly.

Once a resort is considered sold out, then the price will be raised and they won’t have incentives any more…

They always keep some points so you could get them but much more expensive.

Now, by 2024, the new Poly tower will be on sale. But it could have restrictions like RIV…nothing has been decided yet, but some of think that will happen.

The chances of VGF selling out in 2 years is very possible.

I wouldn’t buy based on FOMO. If the Poly tower happens as planned then it should have larger units to accommodate your family. If you find a resort you love, say VGF, and don’t mind not being able to use points everywhere, resale is always an option. You can use VGF resale points almost anywhere right now.

Once a resort is considered sold out, then the price will be raised and they won’t have incentives any more…

They always keep some points so you could get them but much more expensive.

Usually, but after VGF1 sold out they had a wait list for buying direct points & then they closed the wait list. https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf.3420690/#post-53882864.
If any DVC resort will do, then no reason to rush or commit financially until you are comfortable doing so & even if your heart is set on VGF you’ll be able to buy there in two years either direct (albeit likely at a higher price) or resale (albeit w/ resale restrictions.)

Usually, but after VGF1 sold out they had a wait list for buying direct points & then they closed the wait list. https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf.3420690/#post-53882864.
If any DVC resort will do, then no reason to rush or commit financially until you are comfortable doing so & even if your heart is set on VGF you’ll be able to buy there in two years either direct (albeit likely at a higher price) or resale (albeit w/ resale restrictions.)

I should have been clearer…when I said they keep points, I meant you can eventually get them, just may need to wait.

But you are right, VGC was closed long ago and a few others took time to clear or open again. I know right prior to announcing BPK, they were selling direct and had VGF points.

Well, VGF will be for sale in resale for decades. Direct for quite some time. It isn’t even 50% declared.

Time pressure from a salesman in this climate is an absolute joke.

Well, VGF will be for sale in resale for decades. Direct for quite some time. It isn’t even 50% declared.

BPK is 100% declared It happened before they opened. All 202 rooms are DVC.

Plus the guide said they can’t guarantee it won’t be sold out in 2 years…which isn’t pressure..,it’s the truth.

They have no idea how long it will take to sell.

We know we want to add on more points at VGF and have been watching the sales reports closely. It was a surprise when they declared 100% of BPK so soon.

We're planning on checking in with our guide mid next year if no desirable resale contracts come up before then. Hoping we'll see some additional incentives for direct with the economic downturn.

An again with assumptions. The OP never mentioned being pressured. Just mentioned that it could be sold out which it very well could and likely will. The guide saying it could be sold out is actually good information. But if the OP is not ready to buy then they will have to weigh some things.
And what climate are you speaking of? Where you find yourself or where I find myself may be completely different than where the OP finds themselves. DVC is a luxury item and will always have an audience. A recession doesn't mean the end of the world or DVC.

As much as I hate to say this, but if you're concerned about resale restrictions, then VGF2 might be the only way to go and as others have mentioned, it just might sell out in 2 years. Unless they change things, resale restrictions are here to stay for all new DVC resorts with VGF2 being an exception since it was created as a part of the original VGF association. There is currently a debate on whether PVB2 will be the same association as PVB or not - if not, then the resale restrictions would likely apply.

If the VGF waitlist was closed in 2015 (which I doubt), it was reopened subsequently.

I know that to be the case because we waitlisted in late 2016 and got 100 points in early 2017, then the minimum. The contract came with 2016 points.

Our guide told us that once we had an offer, we had 2 weeks to decide and could not try again if we declined.

A year later we added 25 points the same way.

Last edited:

The economy will have a big impact on this of course, but I fully expect VGF to be back in sold out status by early 2024 (possibly late 2023). It won't be a secret when it is getting close to being sold out so do whatever you need to do between now and 2024 to be ready. As others have indicated, sold out does not mean you can't get it. Resale will always be an option and if you prefer direct, Disney will likely have it too (at a higher price than now). You didn't say you had to have VGF, so the new Poly will (probably) be on sale by then and Riv and Aulani will still be options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter