Proof of Payment (DVC)

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
I just got off the phone with a DVC accounting cast member. I made an installment payment on my contract by credit card. I was informed they do not provide receipts or any other proof of payment???? Does anyone know if this is true? Is there a way to get some sort of proof that I am all paid up or what my remaining balance is?

They should have told you your remaining balance when you made payment - that's always what they did for me. I treated my credit card statement as proof.

You should be able to view your loan balance and payment history in the DVC webpage once you login.

I am not financing. I am trying to pay the initial purchase by credit card in increments over 30 days. According to the cast member, this info is not available on the website, and they do not send credit card receipts.

I am not financing. I am trying to pay the initial purchase by credit card in increments over 30 days. According to the cast member, this info is not available on the website, and they do not send credit card receipts.
Your credit card statement should suffice.

I did the exact same thing. They also wouldn't provide a receipt. Once the contract closed I believe everything was sent out.

I'm not sure what proof you want? (Not asking with snark). You'll have your credit card statement and they will send the deed once it's recorded. You can trust Disney on this.

I'm not sure what proof you want? (Not asking with snark). You'll have your credit card statement and they will send the deed once it's recorded. You can trust Disney on this.

Its not hard for some front line employee to make a clerical error and apply my payment to someone else's contract. Of course I have my credit card statements, but that doesn't prove payment towards a specific contract. It seems very odd to me that a company as large as Disney doesn't have a method to provide a simple receipt on a transaction.

Its not hard for some front line employee to make a clerical error and apply my payment to someone else's contract. Of course I have my credit card statements, but that doesn't prove payment towards a specific contract. It seems very odd to me that a company as large as Disney doesn't have a method to provide a simple receipt on a transaction.
I agree. & with all the ridiculous errors by Disney (charged for parking sans car, dining credits removed from someone else’s acct, room charges applied to someone else’s CC - I could go on, but do I really need to..?) it seems foolish to trust them implicitly to “get it right.”

Yes, that mistake could happen, but your paperwork will state specifically when you sign them for closing what you have paid and what is owed as a balance. So even if that happened, it would be caught and adjusted.

I did it a few times with Disney and a CC and no issues. While I get you’d like something now, you will get the documents showing the breakdown of your payments when they send along the final paperwork. So in essence, you will have a hard copy receipt.

I get you’d like something now, you will get the documents showing the breakdown of your payments when they send along the final paperwork. So in essence, you will have a hard copy receipt.

Thanks. This is one of the answers I was looking forward. It would be nice to have a receipt for each payment made immediately. But I can live with a receipt at the end that indicates everything is paid in full.

Completely off topic but are you paying by credit card in increments to gain cc points?

Increments based on your max balance or do they have a limit that can go on cc?

Had not thought to do this but great idea. Pay cash to cc after... if that’s what you’re doing?

Completely off topic but are you paying by credit card in increments to gain cc points?

Had not thought to do this but great idea. Pay cash to cc after... if that’s what you’re doing?

Got a new CC for this purchase specific for a couple of reasons...

1) Bonus points on sign up
2) Points on spending
3) No foreign exchange fees (this saves me 2.5% on ~132% of the USD purchase price. So roughly $400 Canadian Dollars).

Reason I'm splitting up the payments is because of the max limit on my new credit card (only $5,000 CAD).

If you own a Disney Visa, then you get 6 months to pay it offer with no interest. Earn the points but keep your money for 6 months. I did this back in 2010 with two small add ons. Put all in card and paid in full in 6 months. Disney even let me do the same thing. Half one month and then as soon as I entered a new billing cycle the other half. Was great!!!

We bought an add on contract over the phone with CC. There was no problem. Here's the thing, even if they were to screw up and apply it to a different account, a receipt would probably be no better than the credit card statement. The statement shows payment. If they put it on the wrong membership, they'd still have to track it down anyway, it is doubtful the receipt would show which membership number it was applied to. That said, Member Services/Member Accounting has been very reliable over the years with getting things right. They aren't the Internet Technology department ;)

We bought an add on contract over the phone with CC. There was no problem. Here's the thing, even if they were to screw up and apply it to a different account, a receipt would probably be no better than the credit card statement. The statement shows payment. If they put it on the wrong membership, they'd still have to track it down anyway, it is doubtful the receipt would show which membership number it was applied to. That said, Member Services/Member Accounting has been very reliable over the years with getting things right. They aren't the Internet Technology department ;)

I'm honestly not too concerned. It's just best practice to request a receipt, especially on large purchases. If something were to get messed up and they claimed they never received payment, going through the credit card companies would be a long drawn out process. If Disney provided me proof of payment, I could just forward that info and then be done with it. Proper application of the funds would be Disney's problem.

I kept a spreadsheet with date, credit card, amount paid, and contract it went to. When I called back to make additional payments I was always told my remaining balance and it matched perfectly. I actually made all but 1 payment directly through my guide. The process was simple and I made about a dozen payments.

I just got off the phone with a DVC accounting cast member. I made an installment payment on my contract by credit card. I was informed they do not provide receipts or any other proof of payment???? Does anyone know if this is true? Is there a way to get some sort of proof that I am all paid up or what my remaining balance is?

Access your credit card account online or on their app. Your payment will show there in a few minutes after you submit payment

Got a new CC for this purchase specific for a couple of reasons...

1) Bonus points on sign up
2) Points on spending
3) No foreign exchange fees (this saves me 2.5% on ~132% of the USD purchase price. So roughly $400 Canadian Dollars).

Reason I'm splitting up the payments is because of the max limit on my new credit card (only $5,000 CAD).

I had no idea this could even be done vs. financing. I'm financing via Disney, but it's going through on my CC and not my USD account because I save the foreign exchange fees on my CC.

Does this mean I'm paying interest when I could have just paid it all in larger increments on my CC? I could have paid it off in 3/4 months that way instead of their 'minimum' finance term they offered me.

If you own a Disney Visa, then you get 6 months to pay it offer with no interest. Earn the points but keep your money for 6 months. I did this back in 2010 with two small add ons. Put all in card and paid in full in 6 months. Disney even let me do the same thing. Half one month and then as soon as I entered a new billing cycle the other half. Was great!!!

They do not offer Disney Visa to Canadians, unless you have a US bank account and address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter