• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problems

JimmyMartin

GM Share a Dream 4/28/02
Trying to make ADR's for Sptember 24-28. Nothing is available. I have never had this problem. What do you think?

That's free dining time and reservations for those dates have been open for booking since March. You are 3 months behind the curve. I would just keep checking online for things to open up - pick different restaurants - different times of day. Don't pay for the DDP because you may find that you are unable to use your TS credits without reservations, during free dining.

I will be there from Sept. 22 to 28th. The 180 day mark to make ADRs was March 26 for my arrival date. Then, with announcement of FD for the public a month later, I am sure restuarants have booked up rather quickly.

That timeframe is baiscally the end of FD but before F&W and before the rates increase on the rooms. So while you may not see the large summer crowds or the Thanksgiving/Christmas crowds in the parks...you will see that the restuarants are booked.

I know when I made reservations, Le Cellier and Ohana were difficult...although I did get both...just not my preferred days.

My advice...keep trying. Also, payment is due on packages 45 days before arrival date...some people may cancel there trip to the World on their 45 day. Our 45 day is August 8th. Check around then to see if ADRS open up.

You're quite late in making ADRs for September. They've been open since March (last December the booking window was changed to 180 days). Many persons were making them long before free dining was announced in anticipation. The popular restaurants have been booked full for months.

Is nothing at all available, or just nothing that you wanted? Does the system still give you alternatives? Would you consider leaving a park to go to a resort restaurant? Can you change times to eat early or late, not during peak dining times? At this time you might have to, especially if you have a dining plan.

If you're paying for a TS dining plan you may want to consider if you really want one. If you're on free dining, keep checking for cancellations.

If you are not on a dining plan, try restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin, or some of the ones at Downtown Disney that do not accept the dining plan.

During free dining it may be wise to make reservations for whatever is available and then just check back to try and get what you wanted.

I was also late on the bandwagon for September ADRs (because we didn't even know we were going to book it until a couple weeks ago!). I recommend that when you search for ADRs, use the search by park or resort hotel, date, number of people, and a time. You can even leave the park or resort hotel open and it will pull anything it can find for that day/time frame. What's neat, is that the results will give you 3 times for each restaurant (if the restaurant and time is available).

Also, keep an eye on the september cancelled thread for cancellations as well as try every day! You do have 3 months to see if someone cancels (and they will!).

Good luck!

um...what exactly are you looking for? Do you have a really large group or really specific times & places you must book? Because there is a LOT of availability with quite a variety to choose from. I just booked the weekend prior to your dates & was amazed how much availability there was -- every place I wanted was available within 30 minutes of my selected time (4 of 6 were available for exact time I put in.)

I just searched on 9/24 for "dinner" for a party of 4 with no specified time or place & 57 restaurants showed up with availability with times ranging from 3:30 to 8:30...in parks, out of parks, Dining plan restaurants and not. Some were character meals including CRT, CP, Garden Grill and Akershus. Same on 9/26. And I looked at breakfast, too - 19 places were available on 9/26.

If you mean no Chef Mickey's and no Le Cellier...yeah, a few places like those are booked solid. But a little flexibility on choices/times and you'll find there's plenty. If you don't get exactly what you want, book something you'll settle for and then keep checking the on-line system between now & then. Your first choice may become available. People tinker with their plans constantly, and others cancel their vacations...you could luck out.

But there is plenty of availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter