problems with mousekeeping at AoA

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
We are here at art of animation resort and had a problem with Mousekeeping. Last night my daughter got sick and so we had quite a few towels that were ummmm....a bit smelly. We had the do not disturb sign on the door until about 10:00 and then I took it off to ensure they would service the room. At noon I noticed the carts were all gone from the hall so I called to make sure they were still coming. I also explained what had happened and requested new linens and asked if they could sanitize the bathrooms since we are trying really hard to not get the rest of us sick! The lady on the phone said it would be no problem.

I made my daughter go outside for an hour so that they could clean the room and when we returned we noticed that the door had been left open - as in the latch was blocking the door from closing. There was nobody in the room and no cleaning cart in the hall. The room had been serviced as there were clean towels and the beds were made. However it was the same linens (we know because there is a stain on onenof the sheets) and the room had not been sanitized since it still smelled liked vomit and not cleaner.

I called housekeeping and told them about the problems. She told me that since nothing was taken from the room that it was not a problem that the door had been left open. My concern was that we were only gone an hour but what if we had gone to a park and not come back till late? It may not be a problem for them but it was to me. She also told.me they were done cleaning for the day - it was around 2:00 by this time so there was nothing that could be done but that they could change the linens tomorrow.

I was not pleased at all with her answers but figured there's nothing I can do about it. Here's hoping things look up tomorrow!

Walk up to the front desk with the soiled sheets and ask for gloves, Lysol, a mop. Let them know that your room is not clean and since heir employees won't do their job you will do it.

Seriously this is unacceptable. You already had your daughter out of the room once, do it again and get the service you need.

Go the the front desk and let them know now. I have called housekeeping late at night (my child got sick and they came with all new bedding and towels at midnight and even put them on)and they were great and came right away so it is bull that they can't come until tomorrow. And the door is a big issue something could have been taken. Not very nice of whoever you talked to. Go now

Wow. Yeah, I would expect better service than that!! I would send my dh to the front desk, to complain about that.

Walk up to the front desk with the soiled sheets and ask for gloves, Lysol, a mop. Let them know that your room is not clean and since heir employees won't do their job you will do it.

Seriously this is unacceptable. You already had your daughter out of the room once, do it again and get the service you need.

I am usually quite non believing with the complaints about mousekeeping........but this time...I agree....I would be in the lobby at the desk and nosiely explaining that the room will be cleaned today,now or I will do it myself..................give me a cleaning cart now!

Totally unacceptable!:confused3

AKK

Your poor dd!!! So sorry she was sick. I can't believe they left your door unlocked!!!:scared1: keep us posted and I hope the rest of your stay goes better.

You go right out to the front desk and ask for clean sheets towels etc. There IS someone on duty for housekeeping 24/7...if front desk can't resolve the problem as for the manager...There is no reason that they first, off left the door open and then knowing the reason of the request did not clean properly..disenfect the room and really clean the bathroom...don't back down..

noahdove said:
You go right out to the front desk and ask for clean sheets towels etc. There IS someone on duty for housekeeping 24/7...if front desk can't resolve the problem as for the manager...There is no reason that they first, off left the door open and then knowing the reason of the request did not clean properly..disenfect the room and really clean the bathroom...don't back down..

Yup 24 hours don't let who you spoke to fool you. They came to me after midnight

We are here at art of animation resort and had a problem with Mousekeeping. Last night my daughter got sick and so we had quite a few towels that were ummmm....a bit smelly. We had the do not disturb sign on the door until about 10:00 and then I took it off to ensure they would service the room. At noon I noticed the carts were all gone from the hall so I called to make sure they were still coming. I also explained what had happened and requested new linens and asked if they could sanitize the bathrooms since we are trying really hard to not get the rest of us sick! The lady on the phone said it would be no problem.

I made my daughter go outside for an hour so that they could clean the room and when we returned we noticed that the door had been left open - as in the latch was blocking the door from closing. There was nobody in the room and no cleaning cart in the hall. The room had been serviced as there were clean towels and the beds were made. However it was the same linens (we know because there is a stain on onenof the sheets) and the room had not been sanitized since it still smelled liked vomit and not cleaner.

I called housekeeping and told them about the problems. She told me that since nothing was taken from the room that it was not a problem that the door had been left open. My concern was that we were only gone an hour but what if we had gone to a park and not come back till late? It may not be a problem for them but it was to me. She also told.me they were done cleaning for the day - it was around 2:00 by this time so there was nothing that could be done but that they could change the linens tomorrow.

I was not pleased at all with her answers but figured there's nothing I can do about it. Here's hoping things look up tomorrow!

When my son got sick at night we called housekeeping immediately and they sent someone right out. We did not wait until the morning. Yuck...by then the smell and germs are everywhere. If the sheets are soiled from the vomit, I would call them and explain that and wait until they change them.

Hope she feels better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter