Problems at Disney effect SSR sales?

Regardless of what happens, WDW will still be WDW. It wouldn't make sense for Comcast to buy it, just to turn a cash cow into a ghost town.

Looking at this optimistically in the event Comcast does complete the merger it could actually be a great thing for WDW and DL. Currently, profits from the parks are being siphoned off to keep ABC & Family afloat. Comcast may not need to do this, and in turn could invest more of those profits back into the parks.

I had the same thought. Judging by the comments I've seen around these boards and also the reliance you have to make on trusting Disney, it could slow sales for a bit until things sort out. Long-term, I think they'll keep on selling.

The head of Comcast is an old boy of WDW. It could be a ruse to get stock holders scared of of "barbs. at the gates" and vote ME back in. but if it is not....I went through this with RJR and Nabisco and they are still around.

I bought into SSR back in October, and I was so excited. Disney vacations is what motivates me to get out of bed in the morning. But all of the media attention and speculation recently about Comcast is making me quite nervous and sad. WDW is like a child to me. I would do anything to protect it. It is like a part of me would die if something bad happened.

I bought on Monday, before I heard about the Comcast thing. If I would have known, I would possibly have waited a little while just to see what would happen. I think I still would've purchased, though. I am not unhappy or nervous about buying right now. I'm an optimist, though, so who knows?

Is anyone else thinking about selling their points off?

I'm a 25 year old that invest a good portion of my income to the DVC and I'm VERY worried that I just wasted thousands of dollars on "Comcast world." If Comcast buys, I will not be back.

Comcast will ruin Disney by raising prices out the roof, like their cable service.

Anyone else?????

I think that would be an immature response to a "rumor". I would never do anything that drastic unless I knew it had already happened and wasn't a good deal. Even if it does happen, how do we know they wont do a good job of management. My DH's company (a top international one) was taken over two years ago. There were all kinds of "gloom and doom" statements flying around, but they did a slow adjustment to management, and now things are doing great. This strikes me as cutting of your nose to spite your face.

I would never do anything that drastic unless I knew it had already happened and wasn't a good deal.

That is why I'm worried, If I wait and Comcast ruins it, and they will, the points will be worth nothing. But if I sell now, at least I can make some of my money back.

We are new purchasers of SSR. Sent off the paperwork last
week. Like most people I am concerned about these possible
changes.

We just bought DVC in October and haven't even been home yet but I don't plan on selling. I am nervous about the recent events but not enough to jump ship. I have my ressie's for Dec 04 and I intend to go home!

D4D

There is no way that I will think about selling. If comcast does buy, I don't see any major changes to the theme parks and resorts. I think comcast is mostly interested in abc, espn and the movie studios.

I love WDW and DVC and don't see anyone changing something so successful.

Originally posted by jerinknox
Is anyone else thinking about selling their points off?

I'm a 25 year old that invest a good portion of my income to the DVC and I'm VERY worried that I just wasted thousands of dollars on "Comcast world." If Comcast buys, I will not be back.

Comcast will ruin Disney by raising prices out the roof, like their cable service.

Anyone else?????

All I can say is "Don't panic." Let's see how this plays out. I don't get all the Comcast bashing. They have been a good company here in Northern Illinois since they bought ATT cable.

I think if the deal does close it could be a good thing. Comcast is reported to want to keep the parks and invest in them. Maybe a management change will get the parks back to their old standards, Fresh paint, clean ...

Either way I will not sell.

I agree with the wait and see attitude, but my biggest fear is that if Comcast does merge with Disney, they may decide they don't want to deal with timeshares and sell DVC to another timeshare company like RCI.

I'm in it for the long run, I don't see the possible takeover by Comcast as a "bad" change, just a change, and it's normal for change to make one nervous, but I think everything will be just fine, maybe even better! I love BWV and DVC and will buy more points as soon as my ship comes in!:earsgirl: ONLY 44 DAYS TO GO!! :earsboy:

I don't understand anything about RCI or even Marriott timeshares, except people have always said ours is more flexible. Is it possible that our system could change from points to certain weeks? Are we always guaranteed the total number of points on any page, or could other management completely change the way we are able to use the villas?

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter