Private transport from CDG

We didn't plan to get much cash during our trip and just use cards. Are there other areas of DLP where cash is preferred?
There are a few stands that are cash only and it's good to have a bit as a back up because the card machines have gone down at DLP at times, that being said we rarely take out more cash than to cover the transfers.

There are a few stands that are cash only and it's good to have a bit as a back up because the card machines have gone down at DLP at times, that being said we rarely take out more cash than to cover the transfers.
Which are still cash only? The popcorn carts at Disneyland Park and the food carts in the Studios have options to pay by cart now, I think.

The one I am not sure of are the pop up ice cream carts they sometimes use in the summer.

If you need cash, the atms are noted on the map and in the app.

I had been planning to book the 10 min TGV but tickets need to be booked in advance for the best price and so far the best price is $35 per person (for a 10 minute ride). So for 3 of us, private transfer is cheaper, and as others mention, much easier.
As for cash, I found out my local credit union can get foreign currency so we'll get some Euros before we leave home to cover transfers, tips and other things that we can't do with card. This will also save us time so we can get into the parks as soon as possible.

I had been planning to book the 10 min TGV but tickets need to be booked in advance for the best price and so far the best price is $35 per person (for a 10 minute ride). So for 3 of us, private transfer is cheaper, and as others mention, much easier.
As for cash, I found out my local credit union can get foreign currency so we'll get some Euros before we leave home to cover transfers, tips and other things that we can't do with card. This will also save us time so we can get into the parks as soon as possible.
Reminder for giving tips in Europe (in case you or someone else reading along doesn't know): you just add a few euro. If it's 78 euro and you say 'make it 85', that's fine, 80, 82, 83, it's all fine.

are cc fees that high in paris? online the transfer is 65 euros, to pay in advance by cc is 75.

for my transfer I can get euros and pay cash. but I'm booking and paying for 3 other travelers so need to put on cc so they don't hav to

We were going to go by train but decided the hassle of bags to train, the wait for a train and then the walk or Tram to the Sequoia would eat up lots of time so opted for the convenience of a private shuttle. Plus the safety issues on the train raised by other posters clinched the decision!
There are safety issues on the train? Could you elaborate?

are cc fees that high in paris? online the transfer is 65 euros, to pay in advance by cc is 75.

for my transfer I can get euros and pay cash. but I'm booking and paying for 3 other travelers so need to put on cc so they don't hav to
Anyone know if that applies to users of Capital One CC.'s as well?

There are safety issues on the train? Could you elaborate?
Other posters warned of pickpockets--I am careful, but adding a bunch of bags and waiting around for a train puts a target on us. Plus, given the costs and time, seems to work out better catching a service car. I love trains and metro, but am being efficient and practical with the decision!

There are usually no price differences between cash or credit cards. Unless it is undeclared/illegal work. Which company are you using?

Thanks for all your info. I use Capital One (an American credit company) which highlights that there are never currency fees.

By the way, compolletely off topic but anyone know what the latest rules on masks, test, vax etc are for DLP? The USA just dropped the testing requirements so I am wondering what is happening in France..

Which transfer company I think is the question. There are no mask, test or vaccination rules for DLP. As far as entry into France I think you still need to show vaccination proof
thnx DisneySwede, I just watched a youtube video on DLP and she was talking about her test, vax proof etc, I guess it is an older video. very confusing.

In May we only need to show proof of vaccination to enter France, nothing for DLP itself. In January we had to show it every time we entered the Disney village.

DLP has no rules anymore regarding masks, vaccinations, testing etc. masks are at your own discretion.

I think the pickpockets are not that much on the train from CDG to MLV, they are on the trains / underground / RER in and around Paris.

There are usually no price differences between cash or credit cards. Unless it is undeclared/illegal work. Which company are you using?
havent reserved one yet but everyone I've contacted is 10 euros higher than giving cash to driver

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter