Prioritizing Tickets

Could/would this mess up any fast passes that they have in place already?
No. The tickets can be reassigned back to the correct people once everyone has entered the park using the only linked ticket.

The tickets just have to be moved back sometime that day to keep all pre-booked FPs intact.

Could/would this mess up any fast passes that they have in place already?
If you leave them yes
You will get an alert first, warning you that you don't have tickets
Then you can move them back.
I'm going through that right now actually.
Our AP expire before or July trip and we have tickets for the FP but done want them used by accident.

I'd like to jump in with a related question: I will be making my FP+ selections on Sunday. I have an older non-expiring parkhopper on my MDE and a new 3-day ticket that I would like to use for this trip. I cannot transfer the older ticket to a fake account because I have used some of the days. I understand I can go to GS prior to entering the park, but will the FPs be connected to the old ticket or the new one?

I'd like to jump in with a related question: I will be making my FP+ selections on Sunday. I have an older non-expiring parkhopper on my MDE and a new 3-day ticket that I would like to use for this trip. I cannot transfer the older ticket to a fake account because I have used some of the days. I understand I can go to GS prior to entering the park, but will the FPs be connected to the old ticket or the new one?
From my experience, the FP will be linked to your MDE account profile for each person, and should work regardless of which ticket you used for admission that day.

FPs are linked to your MDX account Profiles. Based on ticket entitlements but not linked to any specific tickets. FPs are just data in your account.

How do you check? In your MDE or at guest relations?

I used to have a 10 day non expire ticket and then whatever other ticket. I could check on the MDE app on my phone how many days left I had on my 10 day, and that would show me if it was used or not (I'm not sure if MDE currently shows days remaining on other tickets or not, it still does on my remaining 10 day, you should be able to see if it does).

If it doesn't show your remaining days you MAY be able to pull up your tickets in MDE and see if they can be reassigned. if they can't be (the link will be "dead") then you know that that ticket was the one used. Only unused tickets can be reassigned. If you are one that likes to be absolutely sure, you can run into guest relations and check.

The app (only the app, not the website) will show number of days left on a ticket
Nothing anywhere shows what is prioritized. You must ask at the park

Moral of the story from me! Don't assume anything related you tickets and don't forget to move them

Our AP expire end of June. We have a trip booked July 4th. I've used a pair of tickets bought for future use for those FP. I've been waiting to see the final cost on this trip we are on now to see if I'm renewing the AP now or on the July trip. Which means I have to keep moving the tickets back and forth to prevent them cancelling our FP for July and to prevent them from using the ticket for admission.

It's our last day and I've decided we can renew now but I also forgot to move our tickets this morning. Wouldn't you know it used one of the days on the ticket assigned to DH. Didn't use one of mine. Just spent over an hour fixing it. At first the CM didn't understand the problem (language issues) and she just wanted to give me a single day pass. Finally got her to understand I want to use that ticket for DGD later so it has to be able to be reassigned. She fixed it for us and got us a brand new ticket.

I did get really annoyed at the start because I commented that it is something that a guest shouldn't have to deal with. That an annual pass should always have priority. She said that sometimes you'd want to use a ticket instead. I asked what guest would ever want to use a ticket over their perfectly valid and functioning annual pass. She had no response to that.

I also mentioned that there has to be a lot of guests that won't even know to worry about checking for this crap.

If your 3 day ticket is a hopper - or at least good for any park, then ignore everything I'm going to say. It will be no issue.

We had an experience getting our FPs a bit more than a week ago based on something similar.

5 of us had a five day hopper. 2 of us had a 4 day hopper left over from a prior trip, and 1 one day (non-MK) ticket.

Things were going very well at 6AM Central time, until we tried to get the FPs for our first MK day. We were not able to get any for the 2 that had that situation. We could only assume that the system was applying the one-day ticket to them for that day, and since it wasn't good at MK, it wouldn't give them a FP.

I had to call (hold time < 10 minutes) and the CM had to escalate. It got worked out, and he stayed on the line to assure we were OK.

We missed out on some FPs for that day at MK, but we got a lot of hard-to-get ones at the other parks so overall we were satisfied (and we've since made several adjustments as passes became available as people are also adjusting their plans in subsequent days)

I'm really not sure if anything could have been done ahead of time. I realize what made this unique was the one day not being good at MK (we will prioritize that when we get there for our first park visit on arrival - Epcot).

If your 3 day ticket is a hopper - or at least good for any park, then ignore everything I'm going to say. It will be no issue.

We had an experience getting our FPs a bit more than a week ago based on something similar.

5 of us had a five day hopper. 2 of us had a 4 day hopper left over from a prior trip, and 1 one day (non-MK) ticket.

Things were going very well at 6AM Central time, until we tried to get the FPs for our first MK day. We were not able to get any for the 2 that had that situation. We could only assume that the system was applying the one-day ticket to them for that day, and since it wasn't good at MK, it wouldn't give them a FP.

I had to call (hold time < 10 minutes) and the CM had to escalate. It got worked out, and he stayed on the line to assure we were OK.

We missed out on some FPs for that day at MK, but we got a lot of hard-to-get ones at the other parks so overall we were satisfied (and we've since made several adjustments as passes became available as people are also adjusting their plans in subsequent days)

I'm really not sure if anything could have been done ahead of time. I realize what made this unique was the one day not being good at MK (we will prioritize that when we get there for our first park visit on arrival - Epcot).

Thank you. My 3 day tickets are single-park/any park tickets. I can see how your situation could happen, however, and a lot of people wouldn't even know to look (as AngiTN said upthread).

The biggest problem I see is that these tickets expire. I would hate to use non-expiring tickets and also have these three days go to waste.

Thank you. My 3 day tickets are single-park/any park tickets. I can see how your situation could happen, however, and a lot of people wouldn't even know to look (as AngiTN said upthread).

The biggest problem I see is that these tickets expire. I would hate to use non-expiring tickets and also have these three days go to waste.
If your 3-day ticket expires, it doesn’t go to “waste.” It will retain its value and you’ll use it towards a new ticket the next time you need to use it.

I know this is an old thread but I hope someone can answer my question. My daughter and I have an AP and a 4-day-park-hopper in our accounts. I'm trying to see where they are on the MDE website. When I click on Magic Bands & Cards I see a LONG list of magic bands and cards. Since I've been an AP for several years, there are many cards and magic bands in our accounts. We bought a really good package last year that came with tickets, but never got a physical ticket, only a magic band. I had them prioritized after we bought the package last year, but now we have renewed our passes and I need to make sure that my AP is still prioritized over the 4-day-park-hopper. Is there any way to tell this in the updated version of MDE? It seems much harder to actually see your active tickets now in the new version of MDE. Do the tickets show up somewhere else other than the page with the magic bands??

I know this is an old thread but I hope someone can answer my question. My daughter and I have an AP and a 4-day-park-hopper in our accounts. I'm trying to see where they are on the MDE website. When I click on Magic Bands & Cards I see a LONG list of magic bands and cards. Since I've been an AP for several years, there are many cards and magic bands in our accounts. We bought a really good package last year that came with tickets, but never got a physical ticket, only a magic band. I had them prioritized after we bought the package last year, but now we have renewed our passes and I need to make sure that my AP is still prioritized over the 4-day-park-hopper. Is there any way to tell this in the updated version of MDE? It seems much harder to actually see your active tickets now in the new version of MDE. Do the tickets show up somewhere else other than the page with the magic bands??

I believe @Robo might be able to help with this one. He's more the ticket price guru, but every now and again he throws in some MDE knowledge too.

To answer this question, no. You can not see the priority anywhere.
Yes, as mentioned above you can see the tickets themselves on the list on the app but that tells you nothing about the priority.
Do not assume anything either. Logic tells you that an AP would always be priority. I mean, when would you NOT use your AP and would you want to use a ticket entitlement instead? I can't for the life of me think of a time, not if you have a Platinum AP valid 365 days a year. But MDE still chooses to use a ticket instead of my AP when we entered one day because I foolishly assumed it was smart enough to know an AP should come first.
Go have it checked to save yourself the hassle of fixing it later.

Thanks for the advice! I called and, sure enough, the 4-day-park-hopper was prioritized over the AP Platinum Pass. They switched them around on both my account and my daughter's account. I may just double check at guest services anyway before I enter the park next Wednesday to make sure they are still in the right order. Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter