Prioritizing tickets and APs - check each trip!

tarak

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share a recent experience I had where my tickets were reprioritized for some bizarre reason. I have an AP and I also have an old non-expiring pass with 6 days left on it (no park hopper). When I got the AP, I made sure to prioritize the tickets so the non-expiring days didn't get used. Since getting the AP, I've been to WDW four times. This last trip, three weeks ago in June, I had my AP (as did my younger daughter), and the other members of our party had park hoppers. Because there was never an issue with my getting into a different park, it never occurred to me that the scanners were using up my non-expiring days as well. I only noticed it today because I was checking passes for a trip scheduled for next month and realized the non-expiring pass was gone.

Disney was able to restore the pass without too much trouble. It just took a long phone call and lots of transferring. But to be on the safe side, if anyone has multiple tickets, make sure you check the first day of a trip in case the system has suddenly reprioritized things...

Good warning.
The lesson here is to never just "trust the system," as the system is glitchy far too much of the time!
Yep. I took one trip too many, it seems. The CM confirmed that things are correctly prioritized now, but I’m still checking in August. I have several unused passes that are assigned to other members of my family, just to avoid this problem, but the non-expiring pass couldn’t be reassigned.

Thanks.
1. I thought there was a way to do in on MDE.
2. I guess they can delete old tickets too.
1. Nope.
2. That would be best handled with a call to WDW Ticketing.
It would also not take up valuable "at WDW" time.

Disney IT has been able to help me with this in the past over the phone so I’m not wasting time at the gate. You can also check with anyone holding an iPad after you enter the gate to make sure the right ticket was used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter