Print your own lanyard card? No more lanyards?

I like the idea of getting in the first cruise you're at a new level. Then you can either keep it to reuse on future cruises or get rid of it if you don't care (and, if you lose them you can request them on future cruises). Not sure about having the tiered ones to purchase, would the cast members in the shops be able to verify your CC level (to ensure people are only buying lanyard for the level they're at)?

On our most recent cruise, my parents and I were all silver. I brought two silver lanyards I had gotten on previous cruises, but we needed one more. I knew we'd get them in our stateroom so I wasn't worried. We didn't get any, even though all three of us were sliver. We were able to easily go to guest services and they gave them to us, though, so no big deal.
I was thinking to purchase the lanyards, it would be an add on when you booked or checked in, and they could just leave them in your room. Or maybe you could buy them from Guest Services.

Can anyone confirm if they are still giving lanyards to silver members? We are about to sail and not sure whether to pack them.

Can anyone confirm if they are still giving lanyards to silver members? We are about to sail and not sure whether to pack them.

There's been absolutely zero discussion on them actually not giving out lanyards anymore. This whole thread started because someone had to (gasp!) print out their own lanyard card, and from there some people assumed/misread that it also meant they were no longer giving out lanyards either.

There's been absolutely zero discussion on them actually not giving out lanyards anymore. This whole thread started because someone had to (gasp!) print out their own lanyard card, and from there some people assumed/misread that it also meant they were no longer giving out lanyards either.
Thanks for the clarification.

Looking forward to getting my lanyard next month. I would be disappointed and annoyed if DCL stopped offering them. They're very soft, more comfortable than most lanyards, and they are emblematic of the start of the cruise to me. The plastic cardholder sometimes tears, so I wouldn't want to have to bring an old one. Not to mention the hassle of finding an old one. DCL can afford to keep giving out lanyards, certainly.

If I never get another piece of crap free lanyard again, it'll be too soon. I have way too many already and I'm a lowly Silver. It's wasteful and unnecessary.

View attachment 722728

A lanyard is not a premium item. It is cheap, worthless, junky landfill-fodder. (Same with paper itineraries, by the way, since I know that's where your mind is going.)
I've brought my old lanyards with me and given them away to new cruisers, who don't get a lanyard.

We're bringing an extra silver lanyard for the new cruiser in our cabin so everyone can have one.

I’m surprised they didn’t switch to something similar to what Princess is doing with the medallions. They are falling behind on technology.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest