Princess Weekend 2020

Just a FYI from what we encountered last year when my daughter ran the 1/2, we ran into a lot of traffic on the road going to the Polynesian and Contemporary. Almost was late for our 11am reservation at the Contemporary( my daughter runs about a 2:40 1/2). Don't forget what time you finish depends on what coral you are in and when that goes off.

Thankfully, traffic shouldn't be an issue for the 10K since the race stays primarily in the Epcot area. I hope to get the minimum POT or to be in the first non-POT corral.

Can someone check my math?

I'm booking an ADR for Kona Cafe for after the 10K (macadamia nut pancakes - YUM!). If I'm running about a 13-14 minute mile and have a car (i.e. not relying on Disney transport), would a 9 a.m. ADR be reasonable - not rushing, but not having to kill a ton of time either?

Thanks!
It's a little hard to say because my pace in Disney is never the same as my pace in other races. Disney races are always much more crowded, and I stop for photos. I'll give you my experience/timeline to hopefully help you with your decision. I started in corral C for the 10K last princess weekend. At that time I was averaging about 12 minute miles normally. I did take it easy this race because of the reasons mentioned above, and the fact that I had run the 5K the morning before, I was running the half the day after, and I was still doing park visits in between. With 3 character photo stops I reached the finish line at almost 8:00. At that point I still had to get the medal, snack box, etc. and take my finisher photo before going to the buses. I've never driven myself so hopefully someone else can chime in on the time it takes to go back to your car.

Have you gotten room booked because I haven't received conf. number? I have no problem calling myself if that would be easier on you.
Have you been able to get your confirmation number or pay? I tried calling @Keels last week and left a message and then followed up with an email but haven't heard anything back, and no one has reached out with a confirmation number. Did you end up contacting someone else directly to get it taken care of?

Have you been able to get your confirmation number or pay? I tried calling @Keels last week and left a message and then followed up with an email but haven't heard anything back, and no one has reached out with a confirmation number. Did you end up contacting someone else directly to get it taken care of?
I still don’t have a confirmation number.
I have tried calling this weekend but they are only open weekdays from 9:30 to 17:30 which makes it hard to contact them...
Hopefully we will hear soon!

She was on a cruise this weekend so I am sure she will get back to you soon.

Can someone check my math?

I'm booking an ADR for Kona Cafe for after the 10K (macadamia nut pancakes - YUM!). If I'm running about a 13-14 minute mile and have a car (i.e. not relying on Disney transport), would a 9 a.m. ADR be reasonable - not rushing, but not having to kill a ton of time either?

Thanks!

It depends on what corral you are in. Assuming you are in the right corral for that pace, you'll be in the last or next to last corral, so it could be 45 minutes before you start. So say start at 6:15. Then it depends on if you stop for pictures. Assuming running straight through, you are done by 7:45. Then you have to get the snack box, medal picture, etc., then drive thru traffic. 9AM would be cutting it close, plus it leaves no room for shower, freshening up, or taking longer on the course for pics. I would change it.

It depends on what corral you are in. Assuming you are in the right corral for that pace, you'll be in the last or next to last corral, so it could be 45 minutes before you start. So say start at 6:15. Then it depends on if you stop for pictures. Assuming running straight through, you are done by 7:45. Then you have to get the snack box, medal picture, etc., then drive thru traffic. 9AM would be cutting it close, plus it leaves no room for shower, freshening up, or taking longer on the course for pics. I would change it.

Thanks for the advice! I was basing my estimates on my experience with the half marathon this past January, but admittedly the after race things were focused solely on continually moving in the appropriate direction (because if I stopped, it was going to be ALL over) and not watching the clock to see how long things took. I was able to push the ADR back to 9:30 to give us a bit wiggle room for unexpected delays.

I called Disney Group Getaways for the block with @Keels and they weren’t able to find my reservation
They did find the group but no reservation in my name or my mom’s
I must admit this makes me a little nervous because I already sent out the money for deposit via PayPal...
Has anyone else received confirmation numbers or is it just me???

I called Disney Group Getaways for the block with @Keels and they weren’t able to find my reservation
I must admit this makes me a little nervous because I already sent out the money for deposit via PayPal...
I haven't heard anything, no request for payment yet either. I recently booked a last min farewell illuminations trip that has my focus but I was going to reach out to Group Getaways myself and see if I was able to just book thru them with the group code.

I am not in the room block, but I did travel agent stuff as a sideline once upon a time, and I also had to deal with the Groups department. They are difficult, to put it mildly. I am glad its not me doing it this time, lol. Keels is working on it, I'm sure. I would advise patience.

Just heard from her a few minutes ago with my confirmation number. I’m all set. You should be hearing from her soon. I was getting nervous as well.

as of 1:37 est on Thurs. nothing for me but My texting can be stupid at times. and I gave her GC number

UPDATE: money still on GC

Last edited:
as of 1:37 est on Thurs. nothing for me but My texting can be stupid at times. and I gave her GC number

UPDATE: money still on GC

I still haven't heard anything. I'm not just going to email my credit card number, so until I hear from her either via email with a time to call or she calls me back, I'm just assuming nothing is done yet. 🤷‍♀️

Assuming you are in the right corral for that pace, you'll be in the last or next to last corral

13-14 minute mile won’t be last corral. I doubt even next to last, though it’s impossible to know how they’ll do corrals next year since they keep changing it.

13-14 minute mile won’t be last corral. I doubt even next to last, though it’s impossible to know how they’ll do corrals next year since they keep changing it.

For the 10K though, since there are less corrals, it is probably next to last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter