Prince Andrew

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
He is under a lot of scrutiny lately as to why he spent time with Jeffrey Epstein and whether he slept with young sex trafficking victims of Epstein and his girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell.

He gave a rare interview last week that most consider disastrous:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/18/opinions/prince-andrew-bbc-interview-disaster-maltby/index.html
The big questions are, will he talk to the FBI or visit the US again? Some have also wondered whether this will be one of the things that contributes to the downfall of the monarchy.

I doubt a man who will never be King will be the "downfall of the monarchy". :rolleyes:
First off, I said contribute to, not that that would be the sole thing. There have been a lot of issues going on within the family that have raised some eyebrows and caused some anger with the British people in the recent past. The Queen is always cognizant of how their family is viewed because they are supported with public monies. Her ancestors felt the same way and took steps to pave the way for their being sure they try to stay in the public's graces. So it's not as far-fetched as you may think. These are pretty serious charges against him.

ETA
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...dum-on-monarchy-when-queen-dies-a6993216.html

Last edited:

The Venn Diagram of stupidity and arrogance is strong with that one! Monarchy is taking a hard hit. I know very little about Prince Andrew, but his lack of any type of awareness was stunning.

This will in no way affect the monarchy at all - he has always had a chequered last (anyone remember Koo Stark?). Even Charles has made mistakes but the general public either forgave him or basically don’t care enough to worry - the Royal Family is here to stay for at least another couple of generations, you only have to look at how much positive reaction is given to William and Kate.

He'll be side lined and told to stay private. He'll do this because he knows he's messed up. (I'd put something stronger but...rules) My guess is that he won't be seen in public for some time except to be at the back to the line at public events such as being on the balcony at Buck Palace. The queen has huge estates with many homes on them. He'll be told to lay low in one of these. The locals will get to see him but they are long time keepers of royal secrets. There are other royals who you never see in the press and my guess is he'll fade into the background alongside them.

The royals are hugely popular over here and most of the public always forgives them. Wills and Kate are immensely popular figures, as are their children. There's no way anything will stop them from taking the throne and by then Randy Andy (as we've always called him over here ) and his misdemeanours will be long forgotten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!