Priceline Express Deals

Is anyone else noticing that Hotwire has just about nothing in Orlando right now? Earlier in the week, there were the normal dozens of transparent and opaque listings. Then sometime midweek, all the transparent listings disappeared and there are only a few opaque ones left. I've tried a few different date ranges, and never get more than 30 hotels for the entire greater Orlando area, all opaque. At first I thought it was a glitch that would be fixed soon or something in my settings, but I've tried app and computer, and still get the same thing a few days later. Are any of you seeing more hotels?

Yes. Most recent posts above yours from the last few days discuss this.

Is anyone else noticing that Hotwire has just about nothing in Orlando right now? Earlier in the week, there were the normal dozens of transparent and opaque listings. Then sometime midweek, all the transparent listings disappeared and there are only a few opaque ones left. I've tried a few different date ranges, and never get more than 30 hotels for the entire greater Orlando area, all opaque. At first I thought it was a glitch that would be fixed soon or something in my settings, but I've tried app and computer, and still get the same thing a few days later. Are any of you seeing more hotels?
FWIW, I was using Hotwire to peruse hotels at a couple of beach towns up and down the East coast. Practically nothing for most of them as well. Maybe Hotwire is reducing its inventory in general? 🤷‍♀️

Gahhhhhh just checked back in with this thread to see if anything had improved yet....still the weirdness on Hotwire. Hilton is starting to look like my reality for the summer. It's not a bad spot to stay, especially being so close to Springs, but I really would love to see the hot rates return to "normal" soon! Even AP discounts haven't dropped for anything after July.

Gahhhhhh just checked back in with this thread to see if anything had improved yet....still the weirdness on Hotwire. Hilton is starting to look like my reality for the summer. It's not a bad spot to stay, especially being so close to Springs, but I really would love to see the hot rates return to "normal" soon! Even AP discounts haven't dropped for anything after July.
I'm with you. We're going the first week of August and I'm keeping my eyes peeled. We're currently booked at the Gaylord Palms.

I'm with you. We're going the first week of August and I'm keeping my eyes peeled. We're currently booked at the Gaylord Palms.
Have you ever stayed there before? We also booked a stay there this summer, our first time.

I tried getting the Hotwire Twitter people to understand there was something wrong in a DM thread.
After years of researching these deals, I know there's no way even the cheaper non-Disney resorts have no hidden deals, there are resorts like the Wyndhams that ALWAYS have at least one resort with deals out there.
There's especially no way that the entire Orlando area (and a few other locations I searched like all of Miami) has no non-hidden resorts out there.

They just couldn't get it through their heads and kept telling me they must be either all booked up or there weren't any deals. Sure.... all of Miami and Orlando resorts are booked up! Definitely.
Their support people just don't have the capacity to deal with anything beyond basic support requests. I found the same thing a few years ago with Priceline when their site was doing something similar for several weeks.

There may be good news - over the last few days the Miami resorts returned to non-hidden deals and seeing a normal amount of HotRates over there as well. Hopefully the correction spreads to Orlando soon.

Have you ever stayed there before? We also booked a stay there this summer, our first time.
I have not, but I've talked to people who have and they said it's really, really nice. It looks cool and my kids are excited about the water park -- and while I never quite get the Disney feels when we stay off property, I'm excited to try something new. Our plan is to spend the morning and early afternoon at the pool, then head to the parks after the hottest part of the day. We have APs (and a car), so it works.

I tried getting the Hotwire Twitter people to understand there was something wrong in a DM thread.
After years of researching these deals, I know there's no way even the cheaper non-Disney resorts have no hidden deals, there are resorts like the Wyndhams that ALWAYS have at least one resort with deals out there.
There's especially no way that the entire Orlando area (and a few other locations I searched like all of Miami) has no non-hidden resorts out there.

They just couldn't get it through their heads and kept telling me they must be either all booked up or there weren't any deals. Sure.... all of Miami and Orlando resorts are booked up! Definitely.
Their support people just don't have the capacity to deal with anything beyond basic support requests. I found the same thing a few years ago with Priceline when their site was doing something similar for several weeks.

There may be good news - over the last few days the Miami resorts returned to non-hidden deals and seeing a normal amount of HotRates over there as well. Hopefully the correction spreads to Orlando soon.
Seriously - thanks for all you do! I'm always stalking to see if there is something cheap enough to make a last minute trip. Your posts and spreadsheets are so helpful!

Has anyone seen any Disney Resorts on PL 7/3-7/10 or 7/4-7/11?
Priceline has been mostly dead for Disney deals for months now. The only thing out there lately are FW Cabins for high $300s, which isn't really a great deal.

Hotwire has been the go to this year - but they broke their own site last month and just about all Bonnet Creek deals have been gone there as well.
I have a TouringPlans blog post set to publish later today about it, but long story short: the other night a small, random number of Coronado deals start popping in and out of results, but you have to use the Draw function in the app to get them to show up.
But, they are not deals over long stretches of days, and they disappear and reappear quickly, so you have to work at it and try moving dates around if possible and search multiple times using different devices. (Really not showing up much on desktop browsers at all.) While I did see some CSR deals for the few days ater the 4th of July, I'd be pretty amazed if you could string together anything as long as the dates you mention in a row.

Hopefully Hotwire will un-break their site soon and more deals will drop!
(For the record, Hotwire said their site is working normally when I reported that all standard resort deals in all of Orlando disappeared, but I find that is pretty unbelievable. I go into why in my upcoming blog post for those interested.)

Has anyone seen any Disney Resorts on PL 7/3-7/10 or 7/4-7/11?
Priceline has been mostly dead for Disney deals for months now. The only thing out there lately are FW Cabins for high $300s, which isn't really a great deal.

Hotwire has been the go to this year - but they broke their own site last month and just about all Bonnet Creek deals have been gone there as well.
I have a TouringPlans blog post set to publish later today about it, but long story short: the other night a small, random number of Coronado deals start popping in and out of results, but you have to use the Draw function in the app to get them to show up.
But, they are not deals over long stretches of days, and they disappear and reappear quickly, so you have to work at it and try moving dates around if possible and search multiple times using different devices. (Really not showing up much on desktop browsers at all.) While I did see some CSR deals for the few days ater the 4th of July, I'd be pretty amazed if you could string together anything as long as the dates you mention in a row.

(For the record, Hotwire said their site is working normally when I reported that all standard resort deals in all of Orlando disappeared, but I find that is pretty unbelievable. I go into why in my upcoming blog post for those interested.)
I've seen Coronado popping up the past week or two, because I've been looking at mid-July dates. It's like $160/night which is fine but since it's not a Skyliner resort I'm not interested in booking it. I really hope once things return to normal with the world that the Disney HotRates come back! Those are basically the only way I can afford to stay on Disney property.

Can you link your blog? I'm hoping for some better rates for October, but it's looking bleak.

Can you link your blog? I'm hoping for some better rates for October, but it's looking bleak.
It's Hotwire: No Deal or No Deal.

Be warned: this one doesn't have the usual info an an extensive good deal drop, just an investigation into what's up with Hotwire and a tip on how to find the intermittent deals that might be out there.
Even with Hotwire support people's inability to understand their site is borked, I'm still optimistic things will be reset at some point - hopefully in plenty of time to find October deals. :)

It's Hotwire: No Deal or No Deal.

Be warned: this one doesn't have the usual info an an extensive good deal drop, just an investigation into what's up with Hotwire and a tip on how to find the intermittent deals that might be out there.
Even with Hotwire support people's inability to understand their site is borked, I'm still optimistic things will be reset at some point - hopefully in plenty of time to find October deals. :)
*poof* another informative blog! 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter