Price dropped again!

If it drops after PIF date do you get a credit. Thinking about Harmony in Feb and not sure if I should wait. Last year we booked about 3 weeks out.

If it drops after PIF date do you get a credit. Thinking about Harmony in Feb and not sure if I should wait. Last year we booked about 3 weeks out.

The person I spoke with said he could not give me a credit because it was past the PIF date so he looked to see if he could give me a "complimentary upgrade" for the amount paid.

Do you guys know if the price drops and I call, will I be able to keep my same room booked? I want to book one of the family balcony rooms that has the bunk beds in it and there are only 7 of them on the whole ship so I'm wondering if I would still be eligible for a price drop if a sale happens but the room category isn't still open or if I'd have to switch rooms?

Yep, twice reduction on my January 2021 cruise. Less gift card amount, but $200 savings versus 20 dollar less gift card. Mind you, the gift card is still a nice amount.

And yes, same room as already booked months ago. So, even if you see a price discount on the room type you have, call and see if the discount applies to your room. If so, yay! Such as ours, and you can bet, I will still be looking.

Lastly, even better, Royal agreed to keep the tax rates I originally had. So even cheaper than if some one booked same now.

I am beginning to think this is like my rental car, book, look, cancel and rebook up until the time I use it. Supply and demand is the name of the game. And no reason to not play that game. For both though, I always book at a price I am willing to pay.

Off topic, but my Carnival cruise in January 2020, has only increased in price since I booked, and now the faster to the fun is sold out, and hundreds more than I paid back months ago, for same sized cabin. And even nicer, while all would enjoy some Star Wars stuff, the same itinerary Disney is doing as Carnival's ship, what we are paying for an extended balcony, total, including tips, is still lower than the inside cabin at military rate, on the Disney ship, and does not include tips.

So, all cruise lines do some up and down pricing with their cruises. Never hurts to keep checking is right. Thanks for the reminder, OP.

Do you guys know if the price drops and I call, will I be able to keep my same room booked? I want to book one of the family balcony rooms that has the bunk beds in it and there are only 7 of them on the whole ship so I'm wondering if I would still be eligible for a price drop if a sale happens but the room category isn't still open or if I'd have to switch rooms?

If you book this room category and an offer comes out later. That same room category must still have availability to apply the offer. So if at that time, your category is already sold out you cannot apply the discount. Discounts are offered for "new bookings only" so while you are keeping the same reservation number, it is priced as a new reservation, hence there needing to be availability.

If you book this room category and an offer comes out later. That same room category must still have availability to apply the offer. So if at that time, your category is already sold out you cannot apply the discount. Discounts are offered for "new bookings only" so while you are keeping the same reservation number, it is priced as a new reservation, hence there needing to be availability.

So I booked two rooms for our cruise for our family of 5. Our Ultra Spacious Promenade View room was sold out but still plenty of balcony rooms available. Occasionally I'll check that balcony price. Well sure enough it went down in price so I called my TA to reduce the price.

While she did that she said the price went down for my sold out room so she reduced that one as well (although my gift card from her dropped by like $20 -- no big deal though as I was saving hundreds). So although I wasn't able to see it on Royal's website somehow my TA was still able to get the sold out room price dropped!

We had a very good deal, and the price never dropped for ocean view rooms...but today my Dreams Unlimited TA was able to get us an ocean view balcony for just under $200 total for the four of us. Yay--glad to have the balcony!

are you calling in to a travel agent, or straight thru cruise line booking on their site to get the difference back?

I did mine through my TA. She puts me on hold while she deals with the cruise line for me. If she is too long, she just calls me back. I asked her to check prices both times I saw cheaper pricing on her company’s website and once from an RC email.

We were able to drop the price of our cruise from $1970->$1811 by watching pricing after booking and calling when it dropped. Always kept the same room.

We are after PIF now and today I saw that Boardwalk balcony rooms were cheaper than what we paid for a Central Park view. I called and was able to get customer service to switch us to the balcony room with no cost impact either way (they do not allow repricing after PIF).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!