President's Day Weekend - Wow with the Crowds!

Ohiostatefan606

Mouseketeer
This was a 4 day 5 night trip. Me, hubby and 13 year old son.
We stayed at CBR - Aruba 53

Our Schedule with Genie+:
2/17 - head to airport at 3:30 am​
2/17: EPCOT -detailed summary
2/18: MK - detailed summary
2/19: AK / EPCOT / MK - detailed summary
2/20: HS - detailed summary
2/21: back home​

On 2/19 and 2/20 there were no park reservations available! This was our 7th trip to Disney either on President's Day weekend or MLK Jr. weekend. We know we are traveling on a school break and know there will be crowds. The crowds this past weekend reminded me of our Feb 2018 trip. It was President's Day / Weekend before Ash Wednesday / East Coast winter break. So we've seen some crowds. This past weekend reminded my why January is a better choice! But we still had a great time and rode everything we wanted, some rides more than once!

Pros:
  • Every CM was pleasant and friendly
  • The bathrooms WERE clean. I've seen complaints, but we did not experience messy floors, no paper products or lack of soap/hand sanitizer.
  • Genie+ meant we had a great HS day when the crowds were crazy
  • I spent my birthday at HS - not planned. We were supposed to be at Disney in January, but COVID positive tests threw a wrench in that plan.
  • We tried 3 new restaurants (for us!)
  • I had CM help move $LL - two different times - once at EPCOT once at HS.
  • Skyliner was awesome (as always)
  • We rode EVERY ride we wanted and many more than once (SM / Buzz / HM / Pirates / TeaCups / TSMM / RnR / Star Tours)
  • Mask requirement changed on our arrival day!
Cons:
  • Genie+ was glitchy on our HS day. (of course) This was the ONLY time we had any trouble. Read the summary - it worked out!
  • There is a learning curve with Genie+, even if you look at it at home.
  • Disney is definitely moving $LL. We had MMRR for 5:10 on Sunday. It was on My Day. I looked again after we arrived at the park and it moved it 7:30 - the exact time we had ROTR. We never would have selected that time window. CM did move it for us.
  • Not being able to select a window for my LL. Or least have the LL avoid your dining reservations.
  • Not being able to stop Genie+ from making suggestions. Even after I picked my favorites, told it I didn't want certain things. It just kept popping up. It is a definite attempt to get people to do things that are less popular. If you don't know what you want to do, you can fall into the trap.
  • Complete lack of 50th Anniversary Merch.
  • The inability rebook a ride on Genie+. We would have like to have booked Buzz a second time on our MK day. There were slots available, but because we already used our one allotment we couldn't.
  • Everest was on refurb :(
We had a great time. And I had the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter