Presenting - Pumpkin Planning Project.........A PTR Production!!!

I saw those ears on the Disney parks blog - they look awesome! But do you worry that they could distract a bit from the actual show? I guess if they're totally synched to the show they would go black when they're supposed to :thumbsup2

I didn't see Carsland in the news though! You must be getting so excited to see it! Can't wait to see you TR popcorn::

I have seen the Buzz Lighyear ads once or twice though - wish I knew when they were coming on so I could record them to add to my Disney collection :lmao:

I recorded the Today show yesterday so we could see the Carsland segment, I showed my husband who up to this point hasn't been too enthusiastic, but even he was impressed with the snippet of RSR shown. I think he'll love it once he's there, and our 3 year old will love it.

We're going to Knotts Berry Farm this time too - we haven't been before and my husband is really looking forward to it, he loves the more extreme rides - I am not quite as adventourous as him and from what I've seen on youtube there are some rides there I'll definitely NOT be going on! but others look like fun. My almost 11 year old says she's going on everything with her dad but I bet she'll chicken out on some when she sees how high/fast they are in real life.

I bet you are like me though and wish they'd hurry up and tell us when the Halloween parties are, I feel like I can't finish my planing without that.

Hey Minnie Sue Oz

I am loving your PTR - I am just starting to plan our trip for mid-October too, I have picked up loads of tips and ideas from reading your PTR.:worship:Thanks! Those light-up ears sound just awesome - hope they still have them come October:goodvibes

I saw those ears on the Disney parks blog - they look awesome! But do you worry that they could distract a bit from the actual show? I guess if they're totally synched to the show they would go black when they're supposed to :thumbsup2

I didn't see Carsland in the news though! You must be getting so excited to see it! Can't wait to see you TR popcorn::

I have seen the Buzz Lighyear ads once or twice though - wish I knew when they were coming on so I could record them to add to my Disney collection :lmao:

I think the ears are going to be heaps of fun!!! they are synced excatly with the music and the colours all flash like they are part of the show. Simply amazing!!!

I tell you, I just cannot wait to see Carsland. So exciting to think oyu can walk straight into radiator Springs as it really does look just like the movie!

I haven't seen the Buzz Lightyear ads you speak of. Was that on the TV?

And the TR should be a good one as I will have my new DSLR camera so the photos should be better than last time!!!:woohoo:

I recorded the Today show yesterday so we could see the Carsland segment, I showed my husband who up to this point hasn't been too enthusiastic, but even he was impressed with the snippet of RSR shown. I think he'll love it once he's there, and our 3 year old will love it.

We're going to Knotts Berry Farm this time too - we haven't been before and my husband is really looking forward to it, he loves the more extreme rides - I am not quite as adventourous as him and from what I've seen on youtube there are some rides there I'll definitely NOT be going on! but others look like fun. My almost 11 year old says she's going on everything with her dad but I bet she'll chicken out on some when she sees how high/fast they are in real life.

I bet you are like me though and wish they'd hurry up and tell us when the Halloween parties are, I feel like I can't finish my planing without that.

I think I will have to put the telly on to check out the today show! I try not to though as I find myself getting sidetracked at the best of times while trying to get ready for work, so you can image what I would be like if there is something Disney involved!!!;)

The rides at Knotts berry are definitely not for the fainthearted! DD and I did a few last time, but it was just sooooo busy the day we were there we didn't get on many and as DH is not into all the fast ones, we didn't want him waiting for us all day! They have a huge wooden roller coaster called Ghost Rider.............wow, we all went on that one and I swear my teeth actually rattled loose!!!! needless to say we wouldn't get back on that one again...................it's a bone cruncher:scared1:

Wait til your DD and DH see the Xcelerator!!!! You will have to let me know if they get on it!!!

I want to go for the food:rolleyes1 Mrs Knotts fried chicken and a big slab of pie!!! ( we won't mention that I am starting Tony Ferguson tomorrow!!! Vacation food doesn't count though, right???!!! )

And yep, can't wait for them to announce the party dates for Halloween as I want to organise our "non" DL days on party days when the park closes early.

The countdown is getting exciting........not long til double figures!

Hey Minnie Sue Oz

I am loving your PTR - I am just starting to plan our trip for mid-October too, I have picked up loads of tips and ideas from reading your PTR.:worship:Thanks! Those light-up ears sound just awesome - hope they still have them come October:goodvibes

Welcome and thnks so much for joining in:wave2:

Looks like we can plan together:thumbsup2 So glad to hear you have picked up some tips from this PTR. It makes it so much more enjoyable to write when I know there are folk out there reading along:thumbsup2

I am hoping they will the ears in October. They just look so much fun and just how clever are Disney?! I swear just when I think they have outdone themselves, they go and do something even more amazing.......gotta love 'em:love:

Those ears with the WOC look amazing! I wonder how/if they'll work outside the show though...seems a bit of a waste having light-up ears that only light-up during the show! Mind you, Mickey ears aren't a waste :P

I think this is the Buzz ad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eq2JLy9jk0 there have been a few that I've seen the past few weeks but they are longer. So exciting whenever I see a Disney ad in Australia :)

I think the ears are going to be heaps of fun!!! they are synced excatly with the music and the colours all flash like they are part of the show. Simply amazing!!!

I tell you, I just cannot wait to see Carsland. So exciting to think oyu can walk straight into radiator Springs as it really does look just like the movie!

I haven't seen the Buzz Lightyear ads you speak of. Was that on the TV?

And the TR should be a good one as I will have my new DSLR camera so the photos should be better than last time!!!:woohoo:

Woohoo :woohoo: So much to look forward to! Your photos were so good last time, you'll get some awesome shots with your fancy new camera!

Yep, the Buzz Lightyear ads were on TV. I think they were on the Disney parks blog a few weeks ago, and I was so excited when I saw them! It's only been twice I think, and I forget what channel/time slot etc :confused3

Woohoo for nearly double digits :banana: :banana:

I L O V E that buzz ad! I made the friend im trying to convince to come do DL with me next year watch it! We've both come to the conclusion that we want a little buzz lightyear that walks and talks! And there's a super awesome star wars one which i'll post for you all when I get home (for all you star wars fans :D)

Hi! Still here - enjoying your plans and your excitement! DS just got back from the Cars opening - he didn't get to ride anything, but said it looks amazing, and ST is great!:woohoo:

Am definitely still here!

Looking forward to school hols in a little over a week so I can focus on DL again for 2 weeks :)

Well hello there everyone!!!

I am happy to announce that in this update, the itinerary is finished!!! YAY:cheer2: Now that the party dates have been released for the Halloween parties, I was able to put the finishing touches on what is going to be a most magical time! It turns out there are only 2 days that we will be affected, so have planned other things for those days.

Oh, we went to Disney On Ice on the weekend and a fun time was had by all! It is a tradition now and has been since DD was just 3 that my mum, myself and DD all catch the show when it comes to town. This time round it was "Let's Celebrate" and covered all the big holidays like birthdays, Halloween and Christmas etc. I must say, I think this was my favourite one!!! Mickey and Minnie were out on the ice for nearly the whole show unlike when the big full story shows come and they usually only come out to announce the first and second halves. I did have a little teary moment thinking of the upcoming trip.........I really am a big softie!!!

We picked up a couple of things.......

078-4.jpg

And, I was an extremely lucky lady this week when hubby presented me with an eraly Christmas/Birthday present. I have been wanting to invest in a DSLR camera for quite some time now, but at over $1000.00 it has really been a bit of a dream. So imagine my absolute delight when I came home from work to find a brand new shiny Canon 60D with twin lenses waiting for me. I am feeling so lucky right now............:cloud9: He also wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to practice so gave it to me early........what a sweetie!!!
Of course I will be taking the camera with me, so the next trip report will be loaded with what I hope will be some amazing pics. I used to work as a photographer a long time ago, so I am hoping it will all come back to me!
The weather has been just lousy here at the moment, but the forecast is for clear skies this weekend so I will be taking the camera out for it's first run! I will post some pics as you never know what I will find to photograph!!!

Ok, so onto the itinerary!!!!

DAY 1 - Depart Sydney 2:40pm Wednesday 24th October
Arrive LAX 10:25am Wednesday 24th October
After we have collected bags and got through customs etc we will ride shuttle to the fabulous Ho Jo. Hoping to arrive some time between 1 -2pm give or take with traffic. I am hoping our room will be ready so will unpack what we need to freshen up and then head straight to DISNEYLAND:cool1:
We will then proceed to exchange paper for Annual Passes and of course will be heading right for the Troubador Tavern for a DD special...............a big loaded baked potato:rotfl:
Will then just take it all in and go until we run out of puff!!!!

DAY 2 - Thursday 25th October - Sleep in!!! We will have had a big flight with not much sleep so I want to make sure we get our energy back for our big days ahead! So it will be Mimi's for breakfast and back to the park for a whatever we want to do day!!!

DAY 3 - Friday 26th October - Be at DCA for rope drop. We will be spending all day in DCA today as this is a party day at DL. Will be our first visit to Cars Land!!!!

DAY 4 - Saturday 27th October - Rope drop DL. Another all day/night in the parks!

DAY 5 - Sunday 28th October - A bit of a sleep in today. Off to Main Place shopping centre in Santa Ana for a much needed visit to Macy's:banana: Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory on return to Anaheim.

DAY 6 - Monday 29th October - Knotts berry farm today with a surprise for DD as we will be doing the Pirates Adventure dinner tonight. I found a trip with Grays buses that run a tour that takes you to Knotts and then to the dinner with a pick up and drop off at your front door!!!

DAY 7 - Tuesday 30th October - The first of our "mother/daughter" days today! So, it's my day at DCA. Definitely doing the World of Color show.Will also do the Ariels Grotto dinner or pick up a picnic, not too sure but we will be amking sure we have those WOC tickets!!!

DAY 8 - Wednesday 31st October - Happy Halloween! The big Halloween party at Disneyland for us tonight. Can't wait to trick or treat with Pocahontas!!!:love:

DAY 9 - Thursday 1st November - DD day at DCA today!!! ( I can see me getting very, very wet today as she loves those rapids!!! )

DAY 10 - Friday 2nd November - Rope drop and DL all day

DAY 11 - Saturday 3rd November - Character breakfast at Story Tellers Cafe and then DCA/DL - Park hopping today...............just taking it as it comes! May duck out for a trip down to the Disney outlet store or have a nap???!!!

DAY 12 - Sunday 4th November - Free day. Downtown Disney, maybe a movie and dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

DAY 13 - Monday 5th November - Change hotels to Carousel Inn ...........or............maybe another surprise fro DD, you will just have to wait and see!!! My day at DL. Character breakfast first with Minnie and Friends, Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion...... Hope DD can keep up:lmao:

DAY 14 - Tuesday 6th November - Universal Studios

DAY 15 - Wednesday 7th November - DL day for the DD........maybe I should start singing "Yo Ho Yo Ho" now to get in the practice!!!

DAY 16 - Thursday 8th November - Disneyland day with dinner at the Blue Bayou:woohoo:

DAY 17 - Friday 9th November - As much time as we can spend in Disneyland as we fly home at 8:25pm and will arrive home at 6:25am on Sunday 11th November.

So, that's it. I am sure there will be a few changes between now and then, but this is pretty much how we want it to go!!! And of course, there shall be food, oh yeah, lots of new places in DCA to try and back to some old favourites!!!

Oh...........118 sleeps to go:cool1:

Ooh how exciting XD Im hoping my trip will be similar to this, disney, disney, disney, disney, universal, disney, disney, Knotts, disney, disney, shopping! I can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter