Presenting - Pumpkin Planning Project.........A PTR Production!!!

Time for an update me thinks!

Well, lots has been happening since my last post including an annual pass double up.........................

So this is how the story unfolds. I got the word ( as it seems did many other Disers ) that the price of Disneyland tickets and annual passes would be rising as of the 20th of May. I was going to wait until later on to buy our tickets, but at a $150.00 hike in the Premium AP, I was instantly whipping out the credit card to buy ours right away. It turns out that I had got the news quite late as when I logged on to the Disneyland site I only had a short window of time to get my order in as it was only 3 hours off getting in by the deadline.

So, I filled out the details and hit the submit button and was rewarded with an order number and a message to say I would receive a confirmation email shortly with the tickets attached. Now I knew they would be busy as I was sure there were loads of people who would want to take advantage of buying tickets before they went up. How right I was...............so I waited, checked the inbox, waited some more, checked the inbox, waited a bit longer but still no email.
The clock was ticking so I honestly thought there was something wrong and my order had not gone through ( can you guess where I am going with this???)
I had a matter of moments until the stroke of midnight US time, so I grabbed the credit card and did the order again..........................and yep, BOTH orders were processed.

So, I am now the proud owner of 4, yes 4 annual passes:scared1:

It turns out they were so busy the confirmation emails were up to 48 hours behind.
I rang Disney right away when I realised what could potentially happen and on the cast members advice, emailed Disney right away. I advised how the second purchase came about as i had not received my email "shortly" as it stated on the order page. I also rang my credit card company to tell them what had taken place and they were quite understanding. I checked my account this evening and my fears were confirmed when the second charge appeared today.

As I write this, I am still waiting to hear back from Disney as to whether they will reverse the second lot of charges. I really hope and pray they will be compassionate as the charge is $921.00 Australian.

I also rang my bank again tonight and they say that if Disney will not come to the party that they can look at what they can do. So, all I can do is wait and hope that this all works out. Otherwise I am going to have 2 annual passes that will go to waste as they are not transferrable....................surely the Disney people will understand and I hope they do as I could not bear having ill will towards the one thing in my life that brings me so much joy.

I will keep you all updated on the progress!

Now, with all that drama out the way.................

I have been getting excited ( especially now as we have our tickets:laughing:).

I had been looking at getting a costume to wear to the Halloween party, but the more I think about it, I am looking at just going back to my original idea of wearing a specially made T-shirt. I want to be comfortable and really am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. There are some very, very clever Disers here on the Disign boards so will be looking for their help again to create something wonderful! My birthday shirt I had made for the last holiday was just marvellous and I love having something that original and just mine!

We are just about to go under the 5 months to go mark.............sooooooo excited!!!!:dance3:

More soon.........thanks for reading:flower3:

Joining in on your adventure with you and your daughter! You are such as awesome mom to plan all this. Sorry to hear about the extra 2 AP's processing. Hopefully Disney will fix it asap with a refund or your bank will see it as a duplicate transaction and void the sale right away. Looking forward to more updates :)

Yikes! I hope it gets all sorted out! Which reminds me I had better call and ensure mine went through, I never recieved anything either!

Jumping on quick to let you know i have received a response from Disney this morning.................umm, I don't think anyone actually READ my email..........

Thank you for contacting Disney Ticket Services!

Due to a high volume of orders, our wait time had increased for the
e-ticket emails.

We are sure, by now you have received your e-ticket. If you haven't
already, simply print out the e-ticket and bring it to any Main Entrance
Box Office windows at the resort to pick up your Annual Passports or
tickets.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Wishes,
Amy
Disneyland Resort

Ummmmmm, I am so disappointed as I penned a very descriptive email with order numbers etc, ( as advised by the cast member ) and the above was what I got back. AND, it doesnt even make sense..........:confused3

I have emailed again this morning so hoping someone actually takes the time to read it rather than just sending what appears to be a generic email.

I will be ringing them again when I get home too ( am in Queensland for work! ).

Fingers crossed someone actually takes the time to respond properly.

That is the exact email I recieved!!!

I called and they are not sending out any confirmations at all for any will call tickets. It was weird she said they have changed it. I have nothing now stating I have bought these other then a credit card bill!!LOL Oh well I am sure its worked for many others so I will go with it!

Oh how annoying - I hope it all works out for you!

It's exciting now you have your tickets though :)

Wow- fingers crossed you will hear from them soon! Even if you get the money back (which I'm sure you will), it's frustrating to have things up in the air.

I had to laugh when I saw the Disney response email you received- I had a similar situation of no one reading my email carefully! I'd sent an email to the Tour department about a confirmation number for our Happiest Haunts Tour, and got a response from the Dining department saying they'd get back to me soon. It seems we have found the one chink in our 'perfect' company!

Very excited for you as you have your APs now....as someone who has never had one, I have to ask.....what do they look like? Are they a card like a credit card? Do you get fun mail from Disney through the year? Am I jealous much??? Absolutely! :goodvibes

Hi all!

So, still waiting to hear back from Disney in regards to the double up on the annual passes. If I do not hear from them by the end of the week I will be calling directly and not hanging up unitl I get the matter sorted! I will be nice of course..........I am sure they will see it was all a misunderstanding. Both lots are in exactly the same names and even Disney I am sure get that I don't need 2 each for the excat same period of time!

zanzibar138 - a tad annoying, but, you are most definietly right........WE HAVE DISNEYLAND TICKETS:cool1::cool1:

monkey30 - well fancy that, the very same email. That confirms my initial thoughts that it was indeed a generic email that went out to everyone who sent a message to the ticketing department. As long as you get your tickets, everything will be fine.....................I have 2 spare at the moment, maybe you could have those:rotfl:

Staceycs - You know what they say, a picture speaks a thousand words so here is what an AP looks like!!!

This what the printed e-ticket looks like....

annualpasspaper001-1.jpg

You then take that e-ticket to the turnstiles where they exchange it for another ticket which you then take to the AP processing building in exchange for one of these.......

Front

annualpasspaper002.jpg

Back

annualpasspaper003.jpg

They take your pic, process the card and you are ready to go! It is exactly the same size as a credit card.

I think I cried when I got this one, and I will probably do the same this year too!!!

And as for Disney emails, we may just have found the "chink" indeed!:badpc:

Stay tuned for the next exciting episodepopcorn::

And now for some Disney magic.................( I hope!!! ):wizard:

I just couldn't wait until the end of the week so I called Disneyland this morning and spoke to a wondeful cast member by the name of Linda!
We had a very nice chat and she went on to tell me that I was not alone in buying and doubling up on annual passes. It seems there were a number of like minded Disney fans who did not want to miss out on buying passes before the ticket price increased!
So, I have been assured that there will be no problems at all getting refunded and to keep an eye on my credit card statement. Linda also said they will probably just pop it back into my account without telling me first!

I am really glad I rang and she seemed to know exactly what would happen and even quoted other times it had happened so I am sure this will all be resolved:thumbsup2

Ok, some planning news..................

I have a book that I am writing everything down in with dates required for bookings, ADR's etc.

I have just discovered today that I am able to purchase the Disney Photo Pass CD before we go online and I will save $50.00 in doing so:yay:
That has most definitely been added to the list!

I am also making a detailed list of places I would like to eat as there have been so many places we have always wanted to try and for whatever reason just did not get there. After all, it's all about the food......:lmao:

So far we shall be dining at -
The Cheesecake Factory - have never been
The Rainforest Cafe - have only been to the one in Las Vegas
Mimi's Cafe - this is a more than once place as we love it......especially the breakfast!
iHop - also liked this one
Dennys - have never been
PF Changs - my favourite USA restaurant although I did promise DH I wouldn't go without him.......:rolleyes1

(special note to self to add gym membership to list of things to do upon return:rotfl: )

We shall also be visiting the Pirates Dinner Adventure for one evening meal pirate:
I want to wait until the party dates come out for the Halloween parties at Disneyland so I can book some of these restaurants on the nights the park closes early. I asked the nice cast member this morning on the phone and she said they hadn't been informed of the party nights yet.

I am also still tossing up going in to Los Angeles for the day. There are a few things that we want to check out that we missed last time. If I can get a bus that is not a tour to drop us off and then pick us up again, I am thinking we just might! DD would really like to do the Warner Bros studio tour so have been looking at including that on the LA day too..........decisions, decisions!!!

Shall also be dragging ourselves away from DL for a whole day at Universal studios. ( yep a whole day away from DL:scared1: !!! ) I will do this on a party day too! I do love those shops they have just outside Universal and DD especially loves Hot Topic and of course we must have Popcornopolis!

Have all the M and M tubes now for the pressed penny money. I have little labels for the tubes too that are really cute! I read a good tip somewhere to place 2 quarters then a penny all the way from bottom to top and then you are always ready to make your next one. I have tons of change here already so this should not be a problem. Just another thing we decided to collect on the last trip!!!:rolleyes:

We also bought the Disneyland pressed penny book, but will be needing another as this one is full. I have even got a complete list and map of where all the PP machies are located and we can check them off as we get them!

Well, that's about it for now. Don't forget to say hi as I would love to hear from you! It makes it all the more worthwhile when you know there are people along for the ride!

:flower3:

Sounds like you are way ahead of me!! 120 days left... I am getting impatient!

As for the photopass, I think that the preorder is just for the WDW one, or are they the same? I know the WDW is way more expensive then the DL one (well there are ore parks right?) let me know what you find I will keep watching as well.

Reading your PTR is getting me excited to start plannin my Disneyland Halloween trip (ahem, next year, ahem)

Would you be able to send me the list/map of the pressed penny machines? I was really into collecting these when we went but struggled to find the machines :/ I didnt even fill up one page??? of my pressed penny book :(

Hope your having fun planning your adventure :D

YAY FOR DISNEY MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All money for double up on annual passes has been refunded to my account.......including the overseas tranaction fee!:cloud9:

I think my love of all things just went up even more ( if that is at all possible!)
:love::love::love:

So happy.................may just have to book Fantasmic experience again:cool1:

:cheer2: Great news about the refund! :cheer2: Loving your PTR, tiny bit jealous, but only in a good way! :rotfl2: I have spent the day doing :laundy: (what a way to spend a day off work!) so its nice to escape to your PTR. Looking forward to hearing more plans ... love the dining ideas so far. Our dining highlight of our last trip was Napa Rose, followed by water-side seats at Blue Bayou. :hippie:

Reading your PTR is getting me excited to start plannin my Disneyland Halloween trip (ahem, next year, ahem)

Would you be able to send me the list/map of the pressed penny machines? I was really into collecting these when we went but struggled to find the machines :/ I didnt even fill up one page??? of my pressed penny book :(

Hope your having fun planning your adventure :D

Hi Cassie!

Here you go!!!

http://www.disneynow.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x5910a44b

We had lots of fun collecting the pennies, but there were still some we missed. They also have some special ones that are released just for the holiday seasons so I am hoping they have some especially for Halloween! we got some great Christmas ones with the year stamped on them!!!

So, you will have to go back now to fill up your book...what a shame!!!!:lmao:

Lots more planning to come!!!

:cheer2: Great news about the refund! :cheer2: Loving your PTR, tiny bit jealous, but only in a good way! :rotfl2: I have spent the day doing :laundy: (what a way to spend a day off work!) so its nice to escape to your PTR. Looking forward to hearing more plans ... love the dining ideas so far. Our dining highlight of our last trip was Napa Rose, followed by water-side seats at Blue Bayou. :hippie:

Hi and thanks for stopping by and I am more than happy to be a form of escape!!! ( especially from the house work.....yuck!!! )

:cheer2:I was just sooooooooo happy to see that money back in my account. If it was just a few dollars I probably wouldn't have minded too much but it was over $900.00 after the foreign exchange fee was added on. It would have had a very big impact on the extra bits and pieces that's for sure. Very, very happy with the outcome!!! Gotta love those Disney folk:hug:

Ah yes, the food.......that is the list so far for where we would like to try outside of Disneyland . There is a whole other list for inside the parks :rotfl:

I am glad you mentioned the Blue Bayou as this is one of the places we will be visiting. DD is a pirates nut and it was the one place she wanted to go on our last trip but we never did get there. So, I am going to make it so for this trip!
I have perused the menu, but would love to know your thoughts! I have always wanted to try the Monte Christo but I know I can get that elsewhere and cheaper so am keen to try the Filet Mignon with the crab cake or the Bayou Surf n Turf! And a water side view shall be requested:goodvibes
What did you have and was it good if you don't mind me asking!?

The Napa Rose is something I would love to try eventually, but not on this trip.

Getting more and more excited...............still have to pinch myself sometimes that we are actually going..................146 sleeps to go in fact!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts