Preorder at BOG!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Barbruka, Feb 14, 2017.

1. freewill

freewill Mouseketeer

This is awesome, really awesome. It should be forwarded to some Disney muckety mucks so they have greater visibility into the vacation experience their system has produced.

2. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

But then you have people like me who go to Disney and LOVE all the preplanning that can be done. So for every person is doesn't like it, there is someone who is fine with it or who actually prefers it. Preordering at BOG? No problem for me! I know what I like! French Onion Soup and Roasted Pork please... no dessert (not a fan of their options).

Cinderella94 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

I think thats a bit of a stretch. I don't think the ratio is anywhere near 1:1 on how much planning is almost required now.

I'm a planner too and I really do enjoy planning our trips but there is a line somewhere and although I'm not sure I know where it's at but I know that ordering my food in advance (without knowing how I will be feeling that day, how hungry I will be, what I will be in the mood for, what else I may pass that I may want, etc) is over the line. Yes, I know you can make changes but I do alot of planning up front so we do everything we can to leave our our phones in our bags while in the park. I research the most recommended parks, we take mid day breaks, we rope drop, we hit parks with PM EMH when available we FP+ the highest priority rides at the most opportune times so when I am there I can enjoy my family and the experience, not go back to my phone and change my plans I was "strongly encouraged" to start making 7+ months ago.

People love BOG and some people are willing to jump through the hoops for the theme, I certainly am not and by the looks of how many people actually pre-order vs not pre-ordering I don't think most people do either.

We all have different lines...but mine is somewhere between this nonesense below (that I do for every single trip) and pre-ordering the food I want to eat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    allsaintsatx and freewill like this.
  5. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

FWIW, you can literally preorder while standing in line to check in for your ADR. We've done it several times. No need to decide a month, week or even a day in advance. And you can alter your order if you change your mind.

6. viluvsdisney

viluvsdisney DIS Veteran

May I ask, how do you preorder? Is it linked to your reservation once you preorder?

Kmcmillan83 likes this.
  7. jaysmom4285

jaysmom4285 DIS Veteran

I totally agree about pre-ordering and the time it saves. For those who don't want to have to make a choice way ahead of time, you still have the opportunity to change your order even at the last second. When you've pre-ordered, you'll be sent straight inside to a CM at a cash register so you can pay. The CM will ask you if you want to make any changes to your order, and it's no problem to make a change then if that's what you feel you need to do. Your pre-order isn't cast in stone by any means.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    freewill likes this.
  8. jaysmom4285

jaysmom4285 DIS Veteran

When you get within so many days of your ADR - 30 days, maybe, but someone can correct me - a note about being able to place your order now will show up on your reservation.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. mouserrificmom

mouserrificmom Mouseketeer

Yes, in MDE next to the modify button there is a pre-order button within the BOG reservation. That's on the PC - can't quite recall how it appears on the app but I am quite sure it is a button still after you swipe in.

10. viluvsdisney

viluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!

11. Dakota731

Dakota731 DIS Veteran

And then if people have technology issues then they are angry and disappointed. I guess I'm old when I say I long for simpler times. Everything just gets so complicated. We haven't been to WDW for seven years and I feel like I need a refresher course before I get on the plane.

12. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

All the pre-planning seems to work out great for the people who have nothing better to do.

For busy folks, of for folks who don't care to waste time stalking the Disney website for ADR's or being beholden to an ADR finder...not so much.

It has become somewhat of a drag for us.

13. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

Why make the ADR then? :confused3

IrishNYC likes this.
  14. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Pretty sure that's exactly what the poster means in the first sentence of the post.

15. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

I don't. Tried it once and won't do it again (unless there are changes).

There are far too many other quality quick service options in and around Magic Kingdom in my opinion. If theming is what you want, dinner is a much better option in my opinion.

Sweettears likes this.
  16. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy And though she be but little, she is fierce.

I lost all thoughts on these few words. Do tell! Is it an 'open' waffle or like a sandwich? Are there different fruits to choose from or just one? Is this a counter service or is there a place to sit down? All the years I've been going I never ate there, but now that may change....where is it???

17. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

It's Magic in your Mouth is what it is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/sleepy-hollow/

18. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy And though she be but little, she is fierce.

LSUfan4444 likes this.
  19. KathyTbell

KathyTbell Earning My Ears

20. carlypaigesmom

carlypaigesmom Mouseketeer

So if I have an ADR for 6. And it's two different families on the dining plan will we be able to use two separate magic bands to pay (DDP) or will we need to pay with one magic band and on the next quick service they can pay for ours? I hope this makes sense.

21. Queen of the WDW Scene

Queen of the WDW Scene DIS Veteran

I assume its fine with a dining plan and two separate rooms.
    Its more for it you want to use cash and credit cards in the same transaction that they cannot split the checks that way.

carlypaigesmom likes this.